Every new calendar year brings out Hollywood’s best (disclaimer: this is a term I use loosely, mind you) for an award’s ceremony to rival all others known as The Oscars – or the Academy Awards. It’s always within the first two months of the year bringing out the most “elite” who never cease to embarrass themselves with their shenanigans. And, although I honestly didn’t plan on blogging about it, apparently… I changed my mind. Please, do not ask why this is – near as I can figure, I was bored. Or something!
Last year, the only acknowledgement of the show on this blog was a post picking my own winners, movies that the ballots would never think of including. Given that I’ve not seen a single best picture nominee – well, save for Les Misérables, nothing of any consequence really mattered.
However, I did have some opinions from the night. Again, the set was extravagant. Pretty but over-the-top ridiculous considering we are… well, broke. (Wonder how long this show would last if the movie stars themselves were told they had to pay for the ceremony themselves!? Effective immediately! *wink*) Despite it being a waste of time only for the benefit of “putting on a show,” the performances of the nominated best songs were well done. However, overall, it was two hours (which was the length I watched) too many in my book. This viewer was not impressed. Random thought went something like this…
OSCAR OPULENCE 2013
- + Sorry those of you who like her, it cannot be helped, Kristen Stewart looked and acted awful. I am unsure what was wrong with her (aside from a cut foot), but her gown wasn’t complementary.
- + Ditto for Renee Zellweger! The girl even missed an unspoken cue to announce the winner. Can we say, awkward
- + The jokes. It wasn’t that host Seth MacFarlane was bad… exactly, more that the jokes were tired, crude and (in)appropriately PC. He did get in a good one about the show running so long the next break would be beginning 2014’s awards
- + Anne Hathaway’s dress. It just wasn’t… what I’d have expected from the classy actress
- + Jennifer Lawrence’s win is priceless. Haven’t seen her award-winning performance but the gown that caused the trip and seeing Hugh Jackman rushing to her aid, it was all so cute
- + Anne Hathaway’s best supporting actress Oscar. Good for her!
- + Though I did not see it, knowing Brave picked up its Oscar was fabulous! It was such a good movie
- + Adele’s performance and subsequent win for “best song”
- + Some of the presenters; is Meryl Streep a classy lady or what!?
- + The gowns and glamour – some were not at all attractive nor did they complement the lady, however there were a few pretties
…and there you have my random thoughts of the Oscar Opulence 2013! What about you? What’d you like? Or not like? ♥