Downton Abbey, Season Four Photos

July 23, 2013 40 Comments

You all know the drill! There’s some Downton Abbey, season four photos in the world. Naturally, now, it’s time to go nuts over them, which means time to share said photos. Because I simply cannot resist… we’ll let the photos do the talking.

Downton Abbey, Season Four Photos. Sharing a few of the beautiful series four photos! All text is © Rissi JC and RissiWrites.com

Wish there were more to share! But I have to be honest; these made their point. Consider my excitement for season four stirred!

• Hannah Elise July 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Oh my! I either really need to get a ClearPlay filter or ask my local Christian bookstore if they possibly could find an edited version. I really want to see this series without all the bad stuff in it!

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:29 AM

This series has experienced some real highs and lows, Hannah. For me, I am a "forever" fan. For others, they are too disappointed to stick with it. If nothing else, it's a GORGEOUS piece of film.

Hope you can see it someday – and let us all know what you think! :)

• Charity July 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Mary is always so lovely. Shame about her personality.

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM

That she is. Contrary to popular opinion, I like her.

• Charity July 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM

So do I. I see an alarming amount of myself in her. :P

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM

You know, I remember you comparing yourself to her now you mention it. Mary is actually one of my favorite characters – she's changed, the biggest reason being Matthew made her better (because she wanted that). It'll be interesting to see where S4 takes her now he's gone.

• Charity July 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I've heard she's going back to jerk mode. :P

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Not surprised. ;)

• Miss Elizabeth Bennet July 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I like the dress Mary is wearing in the second picture and I love the last picture of Tom and Sybbie. I'm curious to see how Series 4 is going to play out.

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Isn't it lovely, Elizabeth!? Methinks we should go raid the Downton closets. ;)

That picture of Tom and baby Sybbie is precious – love seeing these snapshots of the Branson's. :)

• Alyssa C. July 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Little Sybbie is so cute. I wonder what's going to happen in this upcoming season. :)

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

That she is, Alyssa – love those photos!

From the spoilers, sounds like a LOT will happen in S4. Whether or not it'll work out is yet to be determined. *bites nails*

• Alyssa C. July 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

I know! I have this officemate with whom I speculate a lot with regards to Period Dramas. We both have our suspicions for Season 4, and we can't wait till it does come and the story unfolds before our very eyes. :)

Like Jemimah, I hope it won't really be Mary-Tom because it just seems so unlikely. And forced. But if they do bring about love interests for Mary, I hope they bring about someone for Branson too.

• Rissi July 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM

It's SO much fun to speculate about these things, Alyssa. Glad you have someone who is just as interested as you with whom to speculate. :)

From what I've read, it doesn't sound like they'll be a Tom/Mary relationship romantically. While I will be the biggest supporter of them growing closer as family – especially now they have a common bond having both lost a spouse (from what I read, Tom will get a love interest so that should be interesting!), I am not really "into" the idea of them as a couple. We shall see what happens…

• Natalie July 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

OooO! so excited for season 4!

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Ditto! Cannot wait, Natalie.

• Hayden July 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should try watching Downton again…I wasn't fond of Season 1, but I thought about watching 2 and 3…until they killed off my favorite characters :( But this has got me interested. ;)

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Really!? Season one was the "best" in terms of writing. Beyond that (costumes, characters, settings), the following two seasons were equally grand. I think that once I learned more about the last character's death, it wasn't so hard to accept. It was the actor's decision and WOW! It *was* pretty gutsy of writers to kill that character considering that said character was a fan favorite.

If you decide to try again, hope you enjoy it better, Hayden! :)

• Lianne July 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Yay, photos! But aww, Mary looks so sad :( She's gorgeous in the period outfits but yeah, so sad :( I like the photo of her, Branson and their kids :)

Not sure if I'm excited for this series though…I think I'm still reeling from the end of series 3…

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Contrary to what everyone thinks, my personal feeling is that Fellowes and the cast will be respectful of the reason Mary is mourning. If I am wrong, I'll be willing to admit it. We shall see. Starting 6 months after the Christmas special will no doubt "ease" that overwhelming sorrow, and will help fans also.

LOVE that photo of Mary, Branson and the kids. So sweet. :)

Hope if you watch S4, you'll still enjoy it, Lianne.

• Ella July 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I like the picture of Mary and Branson and their kids…..and yes, I will watch this season.

But as Charity knows, I might watch it to complain and pick it apart. After last year….I'm STILL MAD!

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Me, too, Ella – that photo is precious! Makes me melt.

Makes me sad you are having such a rough time with this upcoming season, girl; I know S3 really threw you for a loop. I'll still be curious to know your thoughts on S4 even if they are just to rant against the series. :)

• Jemimah July 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Please don't tell me Mary and Tom are going to end up together! Okay, I'm probably making something out of nothing. But those photos are immensely gorgeous and kids are such cuties. I should get around to finishing the third season so I can legitimately be excited for the fourth. Although I'm already aware of what happens in the third. *cries*

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

You know now you mention it, Jemimah, I think the addition of Sybbie and little Baby Crawley will be a wonderful addition! They'll be a kind of "buffer" to all that sorrow. Or that's my hope.

There were rumors at one time that Mary and Tom would be coupled and I nearly fell over! Not really wishing for that just because it seems too "convenient" – I do hope that perhaps in this new season of their lives (the commonalities they now share), they'll become closer as family. They've cast two new actors though who are said to be playing new love interests for Mary, so hopefully Tom won't factor in – plus I recently read someone had been cast to play a love interest for Branson! Hmm…

• Nine July 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I am SO excited for season 4!

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

DITTO! So am I, Nine. Cannot wait to chat about you all once we see it. :)

• Rosie Wilson July 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

These are amazing!! Love the one with Branson and little Sybil. I feel for Branson and Mary. I don't think they'd make a good couple but I hope the writers bring a love interest around for Branson too.

Thanks for sharing, Rissi!

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

*Whispers* You know Rosie, I just read that Tom will be getting a love interest. Hopefully writers keep it classy because he and Sybbie deserve to smile and be happy again.

Those photos with the kids are precious! Cannot wait to see it all unfold. :)

• Birdie July 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Thanks for sharing, Rissi, these really wet my appetite for the next season! I'd only seen one of them before.

And is it just me or does Branson/Allan Leech get more handsome as the seasons pass ;-)

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Me, too, Birdie! Can't wait to see how each of these moments come about.

LOL, usually I am fond of Branson despite his pig-headed flaws. (Oh, except when leaving Sybil behind in Ireland!) That being said, he's really grown into an admirable character. Happy for that. :)

• Rachel July 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I just found Season 1 in our library and I'm really excited to watch it at some point! :) It seems like a good series.

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yay! Keep us updated on your thoughts, Rachel. There are some highs and lows but above all, I enjoy it tremendously. :)

Happy watching!

• Sarah July 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Gah, the dress in the second picture!! Looks like Branson is gonna be a more main character. I approve. Not that there's many options left, but he's my favorite character. :)

• Rissi July 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM

You know… I think we should consider raiding the closets at Downton Abbey, Sarah – they won't even notice there are things missing! ;)

Now that Tom Branson is managing the estate, I think he does play a larger role (yay!) – though he did even in S3 if I remember correctly.

• Angela July 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM

SO excited! When is it starting??

• Rissi July 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Me, too, Angela! It airs in the U.K. this fall and on Masterpiece in the U.S. come January 2014. :)

• Jovita July 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

AHHHHHHHH!!! Season 4 Downton Abbey cannot come soon enough!So excited!

• Rissi July 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

DITTO! Cannot wait, Jovita. :)

• Jamie Lapeyrolerie July 31, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Ahhh!!! I cannot wait!!!! It's gonna be amazing!

• Rissi July 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

You can say that again, Jamie – WHERE IS NOVEMBER!? :)