More Photos of Downton Abbey, Season Four

September 11, 2013 26 Comments

Here we do! It’s time for some more photos of Downton Abbey, season four. Because I couldn’t resist… here are some more GORGEOUS shots of the fourth season of Downton Abbey! Take a look-see. Also, I really must inquire, who is counting down the days with me!?

More Photos of Downton Abbey, Season Four. Time to drool over more pretty Downton Abbey photos! Which is your favorite? Text © Rissi JC

(Technically, a behind-the-scenes photo.)

Last but not least… another “behind-the-scenes,” and I (heart) this one!

Which of these moments or scenes are YOU super excited to see unfold? Are you hoping for any specific stories or plots in this season? Comment all of your thoughts of these photos of Downton Abbey, Season Four! Sound off below.

• Alyssa C. September 11, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Awww, I love the behind-the-scenes picture of Michelle Dockery and the baby. How I wish her character would bond with the baby in the same way. :)

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Me, too, Alyssa. That was probably my favorite of the bunch. You know, I read that Mary wasn't going to bond much with Baby Crawley but oh, when you see that photo (even if it is out of character), a viewer sure hopes and wishes that she will. It's precious.

• Alyssa C. September 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Yes, I read about that too. I think Baby Crawley will remind her too much about Matthew. *sighs* I do hope that somewhere, somehow in this 4th season, she will be happy and "choose life" as dear old Granny suggested. :)

• Rissi September 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

You pegged it, Alyssa. Still… her son deserves to be loved and cherished by his mama, and that's what I hope to see before the season ends. Or as you better put it, I fervently hope she takes Granny's advice! :)

• Maria September 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM

*High Five*

• Birdie September 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM

So great! I saw most of these already, but for the ones with Rose/Rose, Anna, Jimmy. I love Rose's dress and hat in those pictures! Did you also read the Daily Mail articles where these photos were added to? Such a lot of details about the upcoming series!

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

…I figured most everyone had seen these, Birdie, but well, I just couldn't resist. ;)

That shot of Rose, Anna and Jimmy was one of my favorites; love all of Rose's lovely costumes.

No, I don't think I've seen that article. Not sure – I know I have read several but that one isn't familiar. Thanks for the tip!

• Birdie September 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

This is one of the articles, Rissi: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2412554/Downton-dances-new-tune-An-exclusive-backstage-look-Britains-favourite-Abbey-series-period-drama-begins.html. And from it, you can click to other articles. I believe the newspaper had a whole Downton Abbey section last weekend!

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM

A million thanks, Birdie! What an informative article and collection of links – you'll notice I took advantage of that and added MORE photos. :)

Again… my sincere thanks!

• Birdie September 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ah, that's great! And look, there's even more: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/downton/gallery4/gallery2/gallery1/gallery.htm

Just saw this link today at LiveJournal. Some of the pictures are rather spoilery and the large versions load very slowly, but there are some of Mary with the baby, so that's great!

• Rissi September 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Oh. My. Word.

Those are just… no words!

Added some to Pinterest. Thanks a million for sharing, Birdie! :)

• Birdie September 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Hehe, glad you liked them!

• Rissi September 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I sure did, Birdie. So gorgeous. :)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com September 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I don't watch but I do looove the clothes and hair styles.

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Wait!? You don't watch 'Downton' Juju!? Oh, my. It is a keeper. :)

It's incredible how different the costumes and "look" of this series has undergone in four years – we started in the aftermath of the Titanic and now have entered the wilder age of the roaring 20's. So much potential there! :)

• Angela September 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I can't wait!! When does it start? I am seriously excited.

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Neither can I, Angela. So anxious. :)

The series starts in the U.K. this month and in the U.S January 2014. :)

• Miss Littlefield September 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I am excited for Rose's storyline. I think it will allow the writers to deal with a lot of social issues of the time, especially now that Sybil is gone. It is nice that there will be more diversity in the cast this season. I can not wait!!

~Miss Littlefield

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I like Rose also, Miss Littlefield. I think she has potential to be a fun character – I just hope she doesn't wind up to be a "copycat" of Lady Sybil.

Ditto! Eager to watch this season after months of speculation. :)

• Leah September 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I so cannot wait for this! It's going to be devastating to watch it without Matthew! :(

• Rissi September 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM

In the same boat, Leah. We'll be anxious together. :)

• his little lady September 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Obsessed! Can't wait! Still heartbroken over Matthew! I'm curious to see how Mary will handle it.
    xo TJ

• Rissi September 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Since the series starts 6 months after Matthew's death, I think the healing will have slowly started. That being said, she will probably still have a lot to work through, once she does, she'll be alright – or that is my hope, TJ!

Lovely of you to stop by, visit again anytime. Hope things are going well for you. :)

• Natalie September 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I'm so frickin' excited!!!!!!

• Rissi September 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM

…couldn't say it any better, Natalie! :)