Waiting on Wednesday (3)

February 26, 2014 Rissi JC 18 Comments

It’s been far too long since I participated in Waiting on Wednesday, and because I’ve that, this weeks spotlight has taken full advantage of all those missed weeks! There’s not one or two books, there are four (yes, I went a little crazy) in an effort to make up time for all those missed weeks and beyond that, I have a contemporary theme going with some of the rising stars in the inspirational genre and a pro. It’s just a good ole fashioned theme going on. Coincidence? I’ll never say.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Each week allows you the opportunity to spotlight an up-and-coming release you are excited about.

Those books are…

Books I’m Waiting on…
Silenced by Dani Pettrey
A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna’s route leads her face to face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something sinister? When the case is handed to the overburdened sheriff, he turns to Jake Westin. With Jake’s past now revealed, he’s ready to use his talent for investigation again–but he could never prepare for where the case will take him.

Kayden and Jake soon realize that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is on to them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine. – May 2014

Why I’m Waiting: because I’ve been eager to read Kayden’s story from day one! Now, I’ll finally be able too.
Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg
Blake Hunziker has played nomad for five years and landed in his fair share of trouble too. But now he’s finally returning to his hometown–the Lake Michigan tourist town of Whisper Shore. Counting on a not-so-warm welcome, he’s surprised at not only a positive reception but also a job offer.
Determined to settle down and prove himself responsible, he agrees to the catch that comes with the job offer–coordinating the annual Christmas festival–even though he has no idea how he’ll pull it off.
Autumn Kingsley, inn owner and experienced organizer of the Christmas festival, has always dreamed of traveling the world. Now she has a job opportunity in Paris and a surprise potential investor coming to town who just might take on her family’s inn and finally leave her free to go. The only problem is that she has just two weeks to whip the inn into shape.
Their families have a long history of not getting along, but when Blake comes to Autumn for help with the festival, she actually agrees…in exchange for his help with the repairs to her inn. They may have struck a simple deal, but complications are quick to pile on when the guy who’s had enough of running away and the woman who can’t wait to leave join forces.- May 2014
Why I’m Waiting: Melissa has a fabulous sense of humor which makes her writing ideal for the rom-com yet at the same time she thinks “outside the box” and creates characters that melt out hearts.
Meant to be Mine by Becky Wade
Ty Porter has always been irresistible to Celia Park. All through high school–irresistible. When their paths cross again after college–still irresistible. This time, though, Ty feels exactly the same way about Celia. Their whirlwind romance deposits them at a street-corner Las Vegas wedding chapel.

The next morning they wake to a marriage certificate and a dose of cold reality. Celia’s ready to be Ty’s wife, but Ty’s not ready to be anybody’s husband. As a professional bull rider, he lives on the road and can’t bring himself to settle down.

Five and a half years pass. Celia’s buried her dreams so that she can afford to raise her daughter. Ty’s achieved all of his goals. Or thought he had, until he looks again into the face of the one woman he couldn’t forget and into the face of the child he never knew he had.

How much will Ty sacrifice to make Celia’s dreams come true, to win her trust, and to prove to her that their spontaneous marriage can still become the love of a lifetime? – May 2014

Why I’m Waiting: Becky has a knack for writing romance that “feels” very genuine and is never about the popularly coined term, insta-love or all about getting caught up in the romance ergo, I’m anxious to see how she tackles a marriage gone bad.
When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren
Hawaii was the last place Grace Christiansen ever imagined she’d vacation, much less fall in love. But when her family surprises her with a cooking retreat in paradise, she is pulled—or maybe yanked—away from her predictable, safe life and thrown headfirst into the adventure of a lifetime.

Max Sharpe may make his living on the ice as a pro hockey player, but he feels most at home in the kitchen. Which is why he lives for the three-week culinary vacation he takes each year in Hawaii. Upon being paired with Grace for a cooking competition, Max finds himself drawn to her passion, confidence, and perseverance. But just when Grace dares to dream of a future beyond her hometown, Max pulls away.

Wrestling with personal demons, Max fights against opening his heart to a love he knows he should never hope for. And as his secrets unfold, Grace is torn between the safe path in front of her and what her heart truly desires. If love means sacrificing her ideal happily ever after, Grace’s faith will face its toughest test yet. – July 2014

Why I’m Waiting: having recently read and reviewed It Had to Be You, I’m again finding myself playing the waiting game for Susan’s next book. Much as a adore all of the other books Susan has written in the historical or suspense genre, I think her contemporaries are the ones that shine.
…and you friends? What are you waiting on?

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com February 26, 2014 at 8:33 pm

So cute! I can't wait for Jolina's new one The Midwife.

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 12:43 am

Ooo! I've heard many bloggers are anxious for Jolina's next book – sounds like she's making a splash. :)

• Melissa Tagg February 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Awww thank you for including Here to Stay! Seriously, seeing it mentioned beside Susie, Dani and Becky's books feels like a massive honor. I love all three of those authors' books. LOVE!

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 12:44 am

It's SO pretty and sounds equally good, Melissa. Eager to read it. :)

I agree – love all of these ladies books and you are definitely right up there with them.

• Becky Wade February 26, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Your blog never fails to make me smile with it's bright colors and happy graphics. Thank you very much for mentioning Meant to Be Mine. You've listed several friends and favorites of mine here. Go contemporary romance go!

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 1:27 am

As always, I'm super excited for another book from you, Becky – your debut was what made me fall in love with this genre all over again. I'd forgotten how much I appreciated the contemporary genre until then. Thanks for writing such great sweetheart stories.

I'll add my cheer to that too – hooray for contemporary romance! :)

• Ganise C. February 26, 2014 at 11:35 pm

So nice to see your list, Rissi. Very excited for Silenced and Here to Stay along with A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert, Somebody Like You by Beth Vogt and In the Field of Grace by Tessa Asfar and more. Hope you have a lovely day!

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 1:33 am

Hello, Ganise! It's so nice to see you stop in the blogosphere. :)

Same here – Silenced and Here to Stay look and sound like keepers which makes me all the more eager to get my hands on them (soon, I hope) then of course, I'm with you on Katie's latest, too! I'm hoping to read A Broken Kind of Beautiful next week. It's sitting pretty on my bookshelf and I'm having to restrain myself from reading it. Oh, those pesky priorities. ;)

You, too! Hope your week/day has been fabulous.

• Heidi February 27, 2014 at 1:50 am

I'm starting Dani Pettrey's series in a few days! I'm so excited to read them since I've read several rave reviews. I really want to read them in order so I had to request them from another library branch and they should be in at my library any day now :)

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Yes! That sounds like some great reading you have ahead, Heidi. Hope you enjoy the books – and if you do, that you review them. I'd love to read them!!! :)

• Abbi Hart February 27, 2014 at 3:37 am

I can't wait for Silenced, Here to Stay, and When I Fall in Love too! Those were three of the books I was most looking forward to this year!! Such amazing authors!

• Rissi February 27, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Same here, Abbi – Dani's Silenced sounds so mysterious (and JAKE!!!) and of course, Melissa's and Susan's upcoming books sound like contemporary charmers, which I have a soft spot for. Glad you stopped by. :)

• Dani Pettrey February 27, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Super honored to be included, Rissi. Thank you so much! What a great group of ladies to be listed with :) Hope you'll really love Kayden's story.

Blessings,
    Dani

• Rissi February 28, 2014 at 1:13 am

It's VERY deserved, Dani! You're all great authors and ladies. :)

I'm quite sure I'll enjoy Kayden's story. While hers is the one I've been most intrigued by, I suspect Reef's will be the biggest surprise for us since he is the one brother always "in the background." It'll be bittersweet to say goodbye to the McKenna's of that I am sure.

• Tressa S March 6, 2014 at 7:25 am

I'm also waiting on Meant to Be Mine and When I Fall in Love (reading the second book soon for its tour). I haven't read any of Melissa Tagg's, but she definitely sounds like I would love her books, so I'll have to check those out. I read the last book in Dani's series and I love romantic suspense, so I'll probably be reading that one too.

• Rissi March 7, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Becky's new book sounds delightful as does Susan's – I think I'll get both for review eventually so that's awesome. Oh, my yes! I think you'd really enjoy Melissa's book(s). They're fun with a touch of quirky and that's what makes her story-telling shine. Loved Dani's first book (Submerged) and the rest of the series, too, so this romantic-suspense fan is definitely eager to read her latest. Hope you enjoy these, Tressa! :)

• Charity U March 12, 2014 at 10:25 pm

SO excited for "Silenced." Love that series a lot! And "When I Fall in Love" too – that family is so lovable. :)

• Rissi March 13, 2014 at 12:41 am

Me, too! I cannot wait, Charity for Dani's as well as Susan's new books. Both families are loveable and I wish I knew them in real life! What fun they are. :)