‘Downton Abbey,’ Series 5 Trailer

August 31, 2014 12 Comments

Downton Abbey, Series 5 Trailer. Chatting about what I like most in the trailer for series five. All text is © Rissi JC and RissiWrites.com

Morning, all. I could not resist sharing this even though in all likelihood it’s made all of the rounds in the Internet world. In many ways, I feel like the fandom for this show has died off, but just to put it out there, I am still thoroughly invested in this show, despite its flaws and yes, the impending arrival of a love triangle. As Renee says, finally, there is a trailer for Downton Abbey, series 5! Squee. How excited am I?? downton abbey, series 5 trailer

‘Downton Abbey,’ Series 5 Trailer #FWarchives Click To Tweet

Okay, so it looks like there are going to be TONS of secrets (again) in series five, and I confess if the teasers are any indication, I’m not going to like one specific plot thread… unless the promotional material is just toying with us in which case, I can “deal.” Other than that, I’m looking forward to what’s next for Mary, some of the new characters (do you spot Caroline Bingley?), seeing more change (of the best sort) in Tom and getting to know the next generation of Crawley’s (aren’t they darling?). How about you – what are you dreading or anticipating? Any thoughts are most welcome.

What do you all think? Sound off about all of your hopes, speculation or ideas!

• Missie August 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I really need to catch up on this series, it is so good from what I have watched!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

• Rissi August 31, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Glad you've liked what you saw thus far, Missie. It's still one of my very favorite guilty pleasures. Happy watching. :)

• Jenna Comfort August 31, 2014 at 7:07 PM

OH NOOOOO MORE DRAMA. I don't think I can handle this D:

• Rissi September 2, 2014 at 7:22 PM

But it's also too much fun to miss, right?? ;)

• Emma Clifton August 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Rissi, are you Team Tony Gillingham or Team Charles Blake? :P

• Rissi September 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Oo… that's tough. I think just now I'm leaning more towards Charles because the actor was in Foyle's War and he grew to be one of my favorite characters. How about you?

• Maria September 1, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Oooh!!! Thanks for posting this. Can't wait to watch this!!!

• Rissi September 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Right there with you, Maria. :)

• Bekah M. September 2, 2014 at 8:38 PM

This reminds me that I NEED to catch up on this show…I think I'm around the beginning of season 4. I adore Downton Abbey!

• Rissi September 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

So do I, Bekah. It's still my go-to guilty pleasure – enjoy season four! In spite of one HUGE misstep, I think it was right up there with my favorite collective season. :)

• Hannah Barta October 2, 2014 at 2:11 AM

I'm excited because I love Downton Abbey . . . but I'm a little sad for where the Tom storyline is heading. I shipped him with Rose. . . . :)

walking in the air.

• Rissi October 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I'm not sure where I stand as regards Tom with someone new. I *really* want him to find someone though I don't know that any of the women he's met with are "right." I adore Rose, but she's so much like Sybil and the schoolteacher…? She's okay though not my favorite character. Maybe she'll grow on me.