‘Gilmore Girls’ Returns: Lorelai nd Rory Come to Netflix

October 19, 2015 24 Comments

Oh. My. Gosh. The one show that fans raved about, the one show that ended without really ending, the one show that had the best wit ever is returning. Netflix is reviving Gilmore Girls for a four 90-minute episode run, this according to TV Line. gilmore girls returns

This is very (very) good news indeed.

‘Gilmore Girls’ Returns. Chatting about the upcoming return of Gilmore Girls from Netflix. All text is © Rissi JC and RissiWrites.com
‘Gilmore Girls’ Returns #FWarchives Click To Tweet

I’m a total newbie to Gilmore Girls as I’m still busy watching all of the original seasons yet, but I adore the show. It’s quick-witted, power team of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore is crazy likable. Though the guys in their lives certainly inspired the dreaded love triangle-like “teams,” I really love the whole Luke and Lorelai story and spoiler reader that I am, “know” how it all ends. (Where do you fall on the Rory boyfriend scale?) I’m just hoping this revival will give us MORE awesomeness!

Your thoughts!? Who else is grinning from ear-to-ear? Tell me, what are you thinking about this revival? Is this going to be a good addition for Netflix, do you think? What do you hope to see in this Gilmore Girls returns revival? Share your hopes, dreams, thoughts and opinions for the reunion of our most beloved, quick-witted mother/daughter duo.

• Meghan Gorecki October 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM

I'm new to it too but I SO love it! =D

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I only recently began watching this and am loving it to pieces. I have one or two seasons yet to get through so by the time this comes about I'll be all caught up and ready for its greatness. :D

• Kristin October 20, 2015 at 1:55 AM

I missed Gilmore Girls in its original airing, though I've been watching reruns of it (first on TV and then I bought the DVDs) since I was a teenager. I love the show, though there are definitely some things that bother me (and the constant fighting between Lorelai and her parents is so annoying!). I'm actually watching it through again now…I'm in season 3. I wasn't sure how I felt about this news until I realized that the show creator is going to be involved, but now I'm excited. :) The last season just wasn't the same and I want her to have a chance to end it like she originally planned.

P.S. Honestly, I never really liked any of the guys that Rory dated, but Luke…I always loved him. (Which feels okay now but was embarrassing as a teenager because he was "old", ha!)

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Yay for another late-to-the-party GG fan. :) I adore this series now. My mom and I are actually watching it together. We watched S1, then I watched part of another season by myself and we're now watching it together again. It's more fun that way though I like it more than she does. I have one or two seasons left if I remember and own all of the seasons I've watched thus far. Methinks my Amazon Christmas orders will involved the final seasons. ;)

I have the biggest issue with Jess so far (keeping an open mind). I don't know Logan as well, but Jess… he drives me nuts. I liked Dean in the beginning but last I saw him, he sort of annoyed me. I've a feeling if any of the guys end up with Rory in this revival, it'll be Jess as he seems to have the biggest fan base. I think Luke is great. Here's hoping he and Lorelai are happy together! :)

Thanks for fangirling. :)

• Kristin October 20, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Logan is my least favorite! He is so obnoxious and arrogant. I liked Dean at the beginning but not later on, and I can't stand Jess at the beginning but he gets tolerable later on. But Logan….nope. Never. Luke is the best guy on the show (besides Kirk, though for completely different reasons, ha! He cracks me up).

• Rissi October 23, 2015 at 2:11 AM

I agree; Luke IS the best. Plus, he's universally more loved, which makes him awesome. Ha! Yes, Kirk is epic… for totally different reasons, but still… I do enjoy his character. :)

• Hannah Barta October 20, 2015 at 3:08 AM

I just started watching this on Netflix a couple months ago. It's not my favorite show, but I had heard the ending was horrible — so I'm glad they're bringing it back and (hopefully) resolving it :)

Dance A Real

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Sorry you don't love this one, but I do understand. As with anything, it's not the right fit for everyone. I'm thrilled they're bringing this back and with the original creator too! Here's hoping she'll give the show the proper ending. :)

• Heidi Robbins October 20, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Thrilled! The first three seasons are my favorites and I never did finish the last season, so I'll have to have a GG marathon with some girlfriends to prepare for the new episodes!

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM

That sounds like a fab plan, Heidi. I have a season or two to finish as well, but the idea has me giddy; when I do get through the original seasons I know there is MORE to come. :)

• Miranda Atchley October 20, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Eeek! I'm so happy! Gilmore Girls has become my favorite show this year. I love everything about it; the witty dialogue, the pop culture references, Rory's love of books and the strong bond between mother and daughter reminds me of my mom and I. I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to, especially Rory since she had just graduated college when the show ended. Oh my goodness, this is so exciting!

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM

*HIGH FIVE* I'm right there with you, Miranda. I'm beyond excited and cannot wait to see what our fan favorite mother-daughter duo and the people in their lives has been up too. The mother-daughter relationship is one of my favorite aspects as is Rory's bookish character. :) Anxiously waiting with you to discover what the people of Stars Hollow have been up to.

• Heather October 20, 2015 at 1:14 PM

This is just so exciting!!!! I've watched the series twice through, but I think I may have to watch it for the third time. ;)

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I don't blame you for wanting that third re-watch, Heather. If I ever get through my first I'd love to rewatch this! Bring on more awesomeness knows as the two Lorelai's. ;)

• Brittaney October 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM

This is one of my favorites. When it first aired I had girls' night every week and watched it with my girlfriends until I moved home and continued the tradition by watching with my sister. It's such a great show with quick wit, numerous cultural references and great dialogue. I love the relationship between Lorelei and Rory as well as with the show's other quirkier characters. I cannot wait to see their reunion!

• Rissi October 20, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Aw, that's a neat idea, Brittaney! GG definitely lends itself to being the perfect girls night TV. Like you, I'm a big fan of the primary relationship – Lorelai and Rory, and have long since wished we could get a revival even if something a-la Veronica Mars. This seems better because we are getting FOUR little films. Cannot wait. Thanks for commenting. :)

• Welcome To Our Book Wonderland October 22, 2015 at 12:58 AM

We are so exicted and hope she ended up with Jess! :) I can't wait for them to start airing, I know it's way off into the future but it just made our day! :)

• Rissi October 23, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I'm glad! I'm excited too… and have to finish the series so I'm prepped and ready to watch these. More GG is always in style. :)

• Bekah M. October 22, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Haha, one of my sisters actually screamed when I told her the news. She loves this show. I've only seen two episodes, but I'm happy for all the GG fans out there!! Love it when they bring old shows back. :)

• Rissi October 23, 2015 at 2:21 AM

As do I, Bekah! Between this and Veronica Mars, I'm one happy fangirl… and I hope your sister enjoys the Gilmore Girls epic return. :D

• Lianne @ eclectictales.com October 23, 2015 at 4:11 AM

My Twitter feed was all about GG when the news was announced on Monday, lol (Monday was such a busy day for me both offline and online: elections, Blue Jays, GG…wait, I'm missing something, another show or something was announced Monday as well…and was it on Monday when Adele announced her new album? Even if she didn't on that day, it sure felt like it!) I wasn't exactly flailing like some but I am very excited as I did love the series when it was on (especially the earlier seasons…the last two were rather =S but anyway!) :)

• Rissi October 27, 2015 at 3:26 AM

If one has to be bombarded with epic news, letting it all roll in on a Monday has to be THE best day, right!? ;) Sounds like you did indeed have a great day!

As for GG, I hear that the latter seasons aren't nearly as good, but I'll finish out the seasons and HOPE for the best while knowing there's more to come with the original cast and creator. That has to promise something good. :)

• Lianne @ eclectictales.com November 2, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Yeeeaaaah, seasons 6 and 7 were pretty =S but there were a few moments of loveliness. What season are you at right now? Hope you're enjoying it! :)

• Rissi November 5, 2015 at 12:47 AM

(Forgive the delay in replying to your comment. I did know it was waiting though!)

Last season I finished was season 5, which means, oh dear, we're heading into the "bad ones." :) I'm hoping to enjoy some of the things that go on and will relish those moments of loveliness. Thanks, Lianne! I am enjoying the show – a lot. :)