Top Ten Tuesday ǀ Book Genie, Please Grant these Wishes

October 20, 2015

If there is a Twitter handle, Facebook URL, PO box, smoke
signal, phone number or Pidgeon carrier that a book genie can be found at, I
should dearly like to know. There has to be some way to communicate with
whomever might be in charge of granting #bookishgoals. Right!? I mean, we book
nerds do find ourselves randomly wishing things about our favorite and
occasionally overzealous pursuit of that. The challenge is finding the proper
channel to contact that Book Genie at. Until I discover just what that is, I’ll
settle for the following list, addressing these wishes to the proper contact
and hope through the power of social media, they might see it…

Today’s goal asks us to make a list of book genie wishes. As
is a commonality here, my list is a mish mash of topics. Let’s get started.

Official Broke and Bookish October 20th topic
October 20: 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me

(a new book from
a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely
#librarygoals, a character to come to life, to meet a certain author etc. etc.)
YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.

Need I say more? Lofty, maybe, but nonetheless… (Personal) #LibraryGoals

Technically, this isn’t a proper book genie
request since these Funko characters aren’t exclusive to book nerds, but we
sure seem to like them, right!? Anyway, I bought my first character over the weekend (I couldn’t help it) and realized
I really want to see a Felicity Smoak
Funko. Fortunately, one is on the way, but dude,
where is SHE!?

Someday I’d love to meet some of the amazing authors who have penned the stories that I fangirl, swoon, laugh, and even occasionally cry over. I never go anywhere (bookish things) so meeting them outside of social media hasn’t happened. Yet. Who have you met and gotten signed books from?

Jenny B. Jones. She does have new stuff out there, but we went so long without lovely reads by her I’m a bit selfish in screaming “more!” *wink* Also, Kiera Cass. I know this doesn’t make sense since she has lots of new stuff out and coming but I’m most interested in know how she does when it comes time to step outside America Singer’s world. This is why I’m so curious about her rerelease with Harper of The Siren come January.

To read at the speed which Barry Allen walks. That seems a reasonable aspiration. I used to read quite speedily.
That past superpower seems to have eluded me. Why I do not know.

I want to see some of my favorite books made for the small screen. Why? Because I’m not fussy. So long as the writer’s don’t do anything recklessly stupid (which they are currently do a lot of in my favorite TV fandoms, does anyone else agree!?), I love adaptations, even if they are a stretch. For example I’d like to see Dani Pettrey’s Alaskan Courage books make it to TV. If the
right writers and producers got a hold of the material, this could be a lovely
TV series (or series of films).
Or Kiera Cass’ Selection series. I know, it’s been done and failed, but I can still dream.

I adored The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and even grew to love Emma Approved (quite a lot). Since then, I’ve watched an episode here and there of some of the other web series that have popped up in addition to reading about the plot “twists” and honestly, they are not my idea of amazing. I’d love to see more web series of the same caliber as LBD and ‘Emma.’ What would you like to see adapted as a web series?

——-

Your turn. What are your top Book Genie wishes? I’d like to
know.

As the drill goes, be sure to leave your Top Ten Tuesday meme
links; you know I’d love to visit.
Happy Tuesday, readers. Wishing you a day full of happy
things.

• Amanda Holmes

October 20, 2015 at 4:07 am

Yes to Belle's library and more books by Jenny B. Jones! I should of thought to add both to my list.;)

October 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm

We'll wish together for Belle's library. Maybe with multiple wishing, it'll magically appear. It's such fun to read what everyone adds to their lists, Amanda. :) Eager to stop by and read yours.

• Anonymous

October 20, 2015 at 4:23 am

Yay! I would also love Belle's library. I'd love to swing from the ladder like she does! Ha! Great list!

October 20, 2015 at 7:15 pm

We'll keep wishing, Chrissi… maybe it'll magically appear if we keep up that wishing. ;)

• Christina T

October 20, 2015 at 4:30 am

This is an awesome list. I keep seeing Belle's library because duh! :)

I like the idea of TV adaptations better than movies anyway. Going through a series, they have more time to go through the details that tend to get lost in a movie. Great list!

Christina @ Books & Prejudice

October 20, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Right!? Belle's library is pretty much a must-have. ;)

Some book series desperately NEED the time to tell everything that needs telling. Here's hoping we see more… someday. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Christina.

• Kristin

October 20, 2015 at 10:57 am

Great list! This is a fun topic. :) I really want Belle's library, too…or at the very least a room devoted to books with a rolling ladder. :) I would also wish for first edition copies of the Chronicles of Narnia series (could they somehow be signed by C.S. Lewis? Because that would be even better), new Harry Potter books to be written by J.K. Rowling (and while we're at it, how about for The Casual Vacancy to disappear from existence? Ha), and a definite guarantee that this Series of an Unfortunate Events Netflix series is going to happen (it's supposed to, but I want to be sure).

Also, I would wish that I could finally catch up and read all of my unread books (at some sort of super speed). I'm probably delusional, but I do buy fewer books now so I feel like if I could just catch up this once, then I could stay ahead of my TBR. :)

October 20, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Right!? The rolling ladder is just part of the charm, isn't it!? Imagine the books we could store in such a place… it'd be epic. :D Ooo, I agree! First editions of Narnia? I'd like that as well. You have some fun wishes! I hope they come true… you hear us, Book Genie!? ;)

Me too! I need to catch up and read all of my unread books too… or at the very least make a dent in them. A girl can wish! :)

• Deb Nance at Readerbuzz

October 20, 2015 at 11:21 am

I do have reading superpowers, I think. You just have to read like a crazy person for fifty-five years!

Here's what I wish the Book Genie would grant to me.

October 20, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Hooray! Basically I learned today, just keep reading. The superpower will come with time then!? ;)

Excited to read your list, Deb.

• Dawn Janis

October 20, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Belle's library made my list too. I think it's the top on my list today.

October 20, 2015 at 7:45 pm

That particular wish seems to be popular today… and I love it! Such a great thing to wish for. :)

• Heather

October 20, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I would second Belle's library, and being able to read faster. ;-)

October 20, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Ditto. We'll keep our fingers crossed for answers to THOSE wishes together, Heather. :)

• Greg

October 20, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Yes to the library, and a felicity Funko? Love that idea! And meeting authors is a good one- I've met George RR Martin. And Jessica Brockmole. That's about it though recently… wish I could get to more author events.

October 20, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I'd love to attend some author events, Greg. Each time a big one is going on, all of the social media photos make it look like amazing fun! :) Thanks for visiting.

• Beautificating Life

October 20, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Fantastic list!
    And i take a Belle's library wish as well. ;)
    And all the Funko's i want would be great too, i caved last month and got my first as well, but they are so expensive where i live! So just getting all those that i want would be great!

My TTT: http://booksbeautifylife.blogspot.de/2015/10/top-10-tuesday-10-wishes-book-should.html

October 20, 2015 at 7:59 pm

YAY! We love that library idea, right!? :)

I was surprised how inexpensive the Funko characters were; but they are certainly expensive enough that I cannot binge-buy them. ;) However I put one of my books back and bought a character instead since I thought they were cute. Thanks a bunch for commenting! Off to visit your post.

• Silvy

October 20, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Library, speed reading I have those too, I like meet the authors I should include that in my list.
    My TTT:

October 20, 2015 at 8:01 pm

It's fun to read what everyone else puts on their list; makes visiting blogs joining the meme so interesting! Thanks so much for visiting and the comment, Silvy; looking forward to visiting your TTT meme. :)

• Susan

October 21, 2015 at 3:12 am

I can think of lots of book series that would be perfect for the small screen. Get on that one, Book Genie!

Happy TTT!

October 22, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Me too, Susan! I just couldn't think of or list them all in this post, but yeah, there are a lot. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Bekah M.

October 22, 2015 at 12:55 am

This is such a fun list, Rissi!! High five to the Jenny B. Jones shoutout! I would LOVE to see more from her too, Jenny's books are gold. A reading superpower like Barry's would be nice, though I've taken one of those speed-reading tests and apparently I'm already fast (though it doesn't feel like it lol). YES, more book-to-tv shows!! Totally agree with you, that would be amazing. Alaskan Courage and Selection would both be super cool. I've seen so much love for web series like Lizzie Bennet Diaries, so I feel like I should try some soon. Seriously great TTT!!!

October 23, 2015 at 12:03 am

Thanks, Bekah. I had fun with it though there are likely plenty of wishes I forget to "ask" for. ;)

Yay for Jenny. As you say, her books are gold; bring on the Barry Allen reading superpowers, I need this. I'm curious about the Shadowhunters TV show this winter. I've not read the books, but I liked the movie well enough. Anything that brings us more McKenna family fun, I'm in! LBD is WAY entertaining. I was skeptical about the format at first, but the actress does too good of a job playing Lizzie for me to complain. As for my only complaint; not enough Darcy! ;)

• Welcome To Our Book Wonderland

October 22, 2015 at 10:51 am

Great list and yes Belle's library would be a dream come true. I'm a fast reader which comes in handy, I read a lot more than I actually type up for blog reviews. I do reviews on other sites and stuff but my blog sometimes is neglected. :(

October 23, 2015 at 12:06 am

I need speed for reviewing as well! Like you, I tend to let those reviews pile up. Ugh. It's not the best of policies. ;) Thanks so much for visiting – we'll keep our fingers crossed for Belle's library!!!

• Raquel Z. Duarte

October 22, 2015 at 4:57 pm

But of course Belle's library! haha
    I'm a fast reader already, but I do wish I was faster…or at least could make myself find time to read more often…

October 23, 2015 at 12:07 am

She has THE best library ever, right!? ;)

Good for you! Once upon a time I was fast as a reader, but I'm beginning to wonder if my fastness merely came from reading short, "kids" books vs. the longer works I've graduated to. :D

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Raquel.

• Shannon Miz

October 25, 2015 at 5:31 am

Belle's library is always a good choice! And I like the idea about TV shows too! I think more shows that are like the books I read can only mean GOOD things,considering one of the few shows I actually like these days is The 100! Fabulous list :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

October 27, 2015 at 3:18 am

I've not tried The 100, Shannon but do seem to see it advertised everywhere! :)

Belle's library is definitely the dream of book nerds everywhere. Or that's the impression I get. :)

Thanks a ton for visiting, Shannon, as always. :)