Top Ten Tuesday ǀ 2015’s New-To-Me Authors

December 8, 2015 14 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday ǀ 2015’s New-To-Me Authors

December 8, 2015 14 Comments

Though it’s not an impressive feat for most readers, I did
actually accomplish reading some novels by authors I’ve long since wished to
try. For that, I was a little bit proud of myself.

Broke and Bookish December 8th

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Among the authors whose books I read, many will fall into my
2015 lists of favorites. I read some of the most popular names in YA literature
and now can completely understand why their works are so hyped. They deserve
the praise and then some. Reading their other books is definitely high on my
list of to-be-reads of 2016.

Let’s have a look at the authors.

1. Runaway Princess by Hester Browne

For a secular rom-com, I adored this novel. But of course, part of that may have related to the fact that I love fairy tales. Even those set in our contemporary world.

2. All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Fun, fun and more fun! Finally reading a novel by Ally Carter was fabulous.

Amazon ǀ Goodreads

BOOK REVIEW: All Fall Down by Ally Carter

3. A Summer Remade (part of the Just One Summer novella Collection) by Nicole Deese

I so enjoyed reading this series of novellas, and discovering these Indie authors, Nicole was one of the four authors comprised of this collection. Of those four, three were new-to-me authors and all three wound up being favorites.

Amazon ǀ Goodreads

4.  Waves of Summer (part of the Just One Summer novella collection) by Tammy L. Gray

Such a cute story. The same can be said of Tammy and Amy’s novellas as I wrote above regarding Nicole’s story. Lots of fun in this collection.

5. The Start of You and Me by Emery Lord

I’ve gushed about this novel and its author enough. But seriously, is it 2016 and time for Emery’s third book yet!? (Thank goodness I can read her debut yet!)

Amazon ǀ  Goodreads

6. A Painted Summer (part of the Just One Summer novella collection) by Amy Matayo

With a kind of Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants persona, this collection not only features amazing Indie talent, the stories as individuals are amazing.

7. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

I’ve head Morgan’s most recent novel is her best yet. Having loved this road trip rom-com, I’m excited to read more from this talented author.

8. Anna and the French Kiss Stephanie Perkins

Reading more of Stephanie’s book is #BookishGoals2016. ‘Nuff said.

9. Hello, Goodbye and Everything In-Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Lovely story about second and first chances.

10. On the Fence by Kasie West
In the interest of full
disclosure, I have to admit I’ve not quite yet finished the book I picked up by
Kasie – which is On the Fence, but
knowing my reading preferences I can say I’m going to love this one. It’s a
lighthearted kind of read that I suspect is Kasie’s signature and if what I’ve
read is any indication, it works nicely for her.

——-
What are some of the authors you finally discovered in 2015?
Comment down below with your favorites or those that
disappointed you – any bookish talk goes. I’d love to hear from you and of
course, I’m excited to visit your Top Ten Tuesday memes.
Wishing you a happy-faced Tuesday, friends.

• Lianne @ eclectictales.com December 8, 2015 at 5:59 am

I love it when I read an author for the first time and love the book so much that I end up making it a goal to read everything else that they've written to date =D Wonderful list, Rissi :)

Btw, love your Christmas theme here on your blog :)

My TTT

• Rissi December 9, 2015 at 12:09 am

As do I, Lianne. Those kind of reads/authors/discoveries are the best. :)

Thanks! I had lots of fun with this – it's always fun to tweak blog designs. :)

• Kristin December 8, 2015 at 11:28 am

I also read Morgan Matson for the first time this year. :) And I own Runaway Princess…maybe I'll finally get around to reading it in 2016!

• Rissi December 9, 2015 at 12:11 am

Yay! I thought Morgan's novel was delightful. Here's hoping we both enjoy some of her other books – and that you like Runaway Princess. I thought it was darling. :)

• Dawn Janis December 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm

So now my to read list is growing. It always does when I stop by here.

• Rissi December 9, 2015 at 12:12 am

uh-oh! Sorry about that, Dawn. :) I hear you; I'm the same way. It's sort of a good-bad thing for us book bloggers, right!?

• Carrie December 8, 2015 at 1:55 pm

ooo definitely checking out The Runaway Princess now! Thanks for the recommendation!!
    My TTT

• Rissi December 9, 2015 at 12:13 am

Yay! If you read it, Carrie, I sure hope you enjoy. I thought it was darling albeit definitely secular. :)

• The Artist Librarian December 9, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Carter, Matson, and Smith have been on the outskirts of my radar for awhile –especially Ally Carter. *sigh* Maybe someday …

My TTT ran the gamut from children's lit, fantasy, YA, and several Christian contemporary authors. Lois Lowry and Neil Gaiman are two authors I can say I've read thanks to required reading for my Books & Media for Children class (perks to being a library and information science student?) =)

• Rissi December 10, 2015 at 4:12 am

Ooo, I hope you can try them soon. I enjoyed all three of their respective novels. Definitely makes me want to re-read their backlist. :)

Nothing wrong with that. Variety is always great – I'll look forward to reading your list soon. :)

• IloveHeartlandX December 10, 2015 at 1:36 pm

You should try Ally Carter's Heist Society books, they're great!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-34/

• Rissi December 14, 2015 at 4:30 am

Thanks! I'd really enjoy reading Ally's earlier books. Or I suspect so – they sound darling. :)

• Anonymous December 12, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Emery Lord and Kasie West are fantastic writers. I'm glad that you discovered them! :-)

• Rissi December 14, 2015 at 4:33 am

Thanks. I'm quite happy about that too. :)