Can’t Wait / Waiting On Wednesday | Third Edition

March 22, 2017 Rissi JC 16 Comments
Hello, readers and followers! I’ve again got another ‘Waiting On’ / ‘Can’t Wait’ Wednesday post for you all. There’s more fun to come later this week (a book review and Beauty and the Beast stuff), but since I love any and all excuses to feature books, this week, I wanted to again join this popular middle-of-the-week meme.

I’m linking up with my Bookstagram partner in crime, Tressa of Wishful Endings. (Read about our April challenge!)
___________________________

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we’re excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they’re books that have yet to be released as well. It’s based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. (Find out more here.)
______________________________
For today’s meme, I’m turning the spotlight on a popular YA series. Today I’m waiting on…
ALWAYS AND FOREVER, LARA JEAN
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Genre: Contemporary Romance; YA Fiction
Publication Date: May 2nd 2017

Lara Jean’s letter-writing days aren’t over in this surprise follow-up to the New York Times bestselling To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You.

Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad’s finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot’s coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.

But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father’s wedding, she can’t ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean’s the one who’ll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family—and possibly the boy she loves—behind.

When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?  – Goodreads

WHY I’M WAITING | ok, don’t judge. I’ve never read a novel by Jenny Han let alone a ‘Lara Jean’ novel. BUT I did start the first one a long time ago (SO GOOD) and plus, I mean, look at these covers?? The aesthetic is amazing.

So, why am I “waiting” on this, a series I’ve not read, you ask? Well, the idea of the book is precisely one I feel I’d love, and as I own books one and two, chances are high I’ll pick this one up, and enjoy binge reading the trio!
______________________________

Have you read this YA novel or anything by Jenny? Comment down below with your thoughts, Waiting on / Can’t Wait Wednesday blog links. I’d love to chat all things bookish with you.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

• Tressa S March 22, 2017 at 6:38 am

Oh my gosh, Rissi! I have the first two books too and haven't read them (although you did say you read the first book or part of it?). I obviously need to rectify that. I have loved the covers for this series too. :D

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:14 am

*high five* Glad not to be alone in this problematic place, Tressa. :)

Yes. I read 1/4 or so of book one, and was lovin' it. Now I just have to pull it off the shelf – those covers are tempting me. :D

• Barb March 22, 2017 at 12:57 pm

This isn't really my kind of read but I just know that tons of people are impatiently waiting for this one. It's a really well-loved series.

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:25 am

It seems to be, Barb! I see it everywhere, plus those covers? They're lovely. :)

Thanks for visiting today.

• Lisa Mandina March 22, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I haven't read any, love the titles, but I'm not much of a contemporary YA reader. I hope you can get ahold of this one soon!
    Check out what I'm waiting on this Wednesday

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:26 am

Thanks so much, Lisa. I'm hoping this is a fabulous read – especially since contemporary is a favorite genre. :D

Appreciate you stopping by.

• Whitney Behr March 22, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I agree about the cover being aestheticly pleasing, that alone makes me want to pick up the book. Thanks for sharing.

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:27 am

True, Whitney! Goes to show us that a good cover does influence our reading choices. Or it sure does mine. :) Thanks for visiting!

• Maria Behar March 22, 2017 at 3:57 pm

GREAT pick, Rissi!! I have been wanting to start this series myself for some time now, and haven't done so yet. Your idea of binge reading the three books sounds REAL good!! I might do that, too. After all, I do love the plots of these novels! And I had no idea there was a third one coming already, so thanks for the heads up!! Happy Wednesday!! :)

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:55 am

I'm glad to meet someone else who hasn't read this series, Maria – sometimes when I haven't read a popular series like this, I feel like I'm the *only* one who hasn't read them. ;) Glad this isn't the case with 'Lara Jean' and her letters.

YAY for binge-reading! Hope we both enjoy.

Thanks for visiting.

• Renee March 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Definitely checking this out as I've been glancing at this book for a bit. Hope you enjoy it!

Renee ~ My CWW

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 3:58 am

Thanks so much, Renee! I'm eager to read these books because, "aww"… they sound and look so cute. Hope we both enjoy. Thanks for visiting. :)

• Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) March 23, 2017 at 1:30 am

I've haven't read any Jenny Han books, but I've been hearing lots of good things about her books!

Here’s my WoW !

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

• Rissi March 23, 2017 at 4:02 am

I do too, Ronyell. They sound like my kind of reads (plus those covers!), so reading them (maybe this summer!) needs to be a must priority for me. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Amanda Holmes March 25, 2017 at 4:16 am

I need to pick this series up! I started the first book (though I didn't make it near as far as you!) and need to get back to it…

• Rissi March 28, 2017 at 3:56 am

It was so cute and fun so far, Amanda. Hope you enjoy if you do pick it up again. :) :) :)