Can’t Wait / Waiting on Wednesday | Ninth Edition

August 2, 2017
Hello, readers and followers! Happy Wednesday. Welcome. As we do every Tuesday with Top Ten Tuesday (only now the popular meme is still on hiatus *sad face*), today we’re joining the “Waiting On” fun with Can’t Wait Wednesday. A meme we occasionally take part in.

Organized by my fabulous Bookstagram partner in crime (check out our August challenge)Tressa of Wishful Endings, here’s another Can’t Wait Wednesday

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we’re excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they’re books that have yet to be released as well. It’s based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. (Find out more here.)
______________________________
For today’s meme, we turn the spotlight on a novel that releases in the near future.

Our spotlight feature today? Courtney Walsh’s upcoming contemporary, which you may now is kind of my “jam” when it comes to reading preferences. This marks Courtney’s first novel with Waterfall after writing three (recent) books with Tyndale including Paper Hearts, Change of Heart and most recently, Just Look Up

This one sounds darling, plus that cover is adorable (it’s a design that instantly makes one smile). As is always the case with a new novel from this author, I’m anticipating the release of Hometown Girl and the colorful entertainment, deep emotional topics, and romantic swoons it’s sure to provide.
HOMETOWN GIRL
Publisher: Waterfall Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Adult Fiction)
Publication Date: September 2017

Beth Whitaker isn’t supposed to be a small-town girl. She’s always dreamed of leaving Willow Grove, Illinois, for the big city, but she feels trapped, struggling to make up for a mistake that’s haunted her for years. Just when Beth is finally ready to break free, her sister impulsively buys a beloved but run-down farm on the outskirts of town, and she begs Beth to help with the restoration. Reluctantly, Beth agrees to help—and puts her own dreams on hold once again.

Drew Barlow hasn’t been back to Fairwind Farm since he was a boy, and he’s spent all these years trying to outrun the pain of a past he thought he buried long ago. When he learns that the owner has passed away, his heart knows it’s finally time to do the right thing. Returning to Willow Grove, Drew revisits the old farm, where he attempts to piece together his memories and the puzzle of the crime he witnessed so long ago.

Both on a journey to find peace, Beth and Drew are surprised when they begin to experience a restoration of their own. But when long-buried secrets break through the soil and the truth unfurls, will it threaten their budding relationship—and the very future of the farm? – Goodreads

Amazon | Goodreads

REVIEWS

Change of Heart

____________________________
PS: Before you go…
Finding Wonderland joins the

Bookish Tag Talk | The Mid Year Freak Out Tag, 2017 Edition

____________

Comment down below with your thoughts (have you read any of Courtney’s books? what did you feature today? what’s your favorite genre?), Waiting on / Can’t Wait Wednesday blog links or anything else bookish.

I’d love to chat all things bookish with you.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

• Bekah M.

August 2, 2017 at 5:29 am

I haven't read any of Courtney's books, but this sounds GOOD. Love that it's set in Illinois too. Thanks for sharing this, I'll be adding it my goodreads. :)

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:33 am

Courtney's books are so cute, Bekah! I sure hope you have the chance to read them at some point. Like so many in the contemporary genre (and something I admire/appreciate), Courtney also has the ability to write a book that looks beyond the surface romance, which is lovely. :)

Yes! Isn't the setting great?? Courtney lives in Illinois too!

• Verushka Byrow

August 2, 2017 at 12:00 pm

That cover is adorable! The gumboots just made me smile and it's like a little ray of sunshine in the emotional minefield of the blurb!

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:34 am

Isn't it? And I agree, Verushka. It IS like a ray of sunshine. Well put. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Darlene

August 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm

I love the cover, too! This author is new to me and I don't typically read contemporary romances, but I admit this one appeals to me. Enjoy!

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:39 am

Fun. I hope if you decide to read this one, you enjoy it, Darlene. Having read a book by Courtney, I can safely say, this one will follow in its footsteps. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Barb

August 2, 2017 at 1:19 pm

I don't read a lot of contemporaries but I do hope you love it. I will admit I am loving the boots on the cover – they look like such fun!

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:40 am

Thanks, me too, Barb. If Courtney's earlier novel is any indication, I've zero doubt I will indeed enjoy this one. :)

Aren't they adorable?? Makes me smile.

Thanks for visiting.

• Jenea Whittington

August 2, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I love the cover! It sounds like a book that I would like. Thank you for sharing it. I'm off to add it to GR. Nice Pick!

Jenea's Book Obsession's Can't-Wait Wednesday

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:42 am

Awesome! I hope you enjoy this one if you have the chance to read it, Jenea. I have a feeling, it'll be another winner from Courtney. :)

Appreciate you stopping by!

• Lisa Mandina

August 2, 2017 at 6:54 pm

That is such a bright cover, I love it! It's a new book for me. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

1. Rissi

August 5, 2017 at 3:46 am

And so cute, too! :) Thank you for stopping by, Lisa.