Top Ten Tuesday | Books that Look Good Enough to Eat (ALMOST!! Or Books for Foodies!!)

October 17, 2017 32 Comments

October 17, 2017 32 Comments
(Forgive the mess! For some reason this theme decided today was a good day to have a temper tantrum. I’m slowly working on fixing and restoring everything.)

Hello, readers! I hope your new week has started off well.
With the arrival of a new week, Finding Wonderland kicks off another week of
content with another edition of Top Ten Tuesday.

Broke and Bookish October
17:
 Top Ten Yummy Foods
Mentioned In Books (Does a character eat something you’d love? Or maybe the
book takes place in a bakery/restaurant that makes yummy things? You could also
talk about 10 of your favorite cookbooks if you don’t read foody books.) –
Broke and Bookish

Today’s topic allows me to
discuss another of my hobbies: baking! Or cooking. But like all the rest of my
pursuits, this one is of the amateur nature and isn’t anything I work at to
become a “professional.” Instead I enjoy discovering new recipes and trying new things without having to have any know-how of
the science behind cooking or trying to build a new recipe.
That said, as I already
mentioned, I do enjoy new recipes, all of which is fueled by the many amazing
Instagram feeds I follow (or you know, the “old fashioned” way, and I Google
it). IG feeds from food bloggers who know how it’s done. Some of my recent
favorite finds include a chocolate recipe that this non-chocoholic girl thinks is divine; a butternut squash skillet meal that’s as tasty as it looks; and
a salty (and sweet!) treat sure to satisfy those salty foodies.
But now I’ve rambled about
recent recipes finds, let’s take a look at the books featured in this list. Before
we do that, while on the subject of foodies, I will say, one of my recent reads
saw the heroine ordering one of my favorites: a southwest salad. Because who
doesn’t love those yummy tortilla chips drizzled in the spicy southwest
dressing? Back on topic. Let’s (for real this time!!) have a look at the books.
Because, they’re pretty awesome too – or they sure look to be.

1. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum | Waffles on the
cover? (#WaffleFan) Check. Cute storyline? (#Bookworm) Check. Obviously the
fact that I haven’t read this one is a travesty. Amazon | Goodreads
2. Dining with Joy by Rachel Hauk | Though I’ve read many of
Rachel’s novels (and enjoyed so many), this Lowcountry series is one I haven’t.
This one features a chef as one of its two main characters, so it fits nicely
with today’s topic. Amazon | Goodreads

3. Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeyboun | Ok,
so technically, this book doesn’t rock food on its cover, but there IS a food truck, so that totally counts.
Plus, this book sounds darling. Amazon | Goodreads
4. Two Blue Doors (Trilogy) by Hillary Manton Lodge | A
trilogy about an Italian family, and their many
(many!) meals together. Plus, the protagonist and her brother own a
restaurant. In short, this book (series) will make you want all the food. Amazon | Goodreads

5. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson | Aside from the
fact that I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve yet to read this book (which I hear is
a Matson favorite), I decided to remind myself of its presence because ice cream. What better reason need there
be? Amazon | Goodreads

6. When Dimple Met Rishi by | I’m not a coffee person unless
it’s a. a Café Mocha (K-cup) or b. a Starbucks Frappuccino. I’ve simple never
acquired a taste for the stuff. That said, that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate
a “cute cover alert” featuring a girl holding a coffee! Amazon | Goodreads
7. Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay | This story does indeed
tell one about a chef, but it’s so much
more than this. It’s a tale of sisters and family and learning to forgive, and
“let go.” Amazon | Goodreads

8. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine | Why I picked this one
I don’t know. I mean, yes there IS an apple on the cover (which fits with the
topic) BUT I have strong suspicions one wouldn’t want to take a bite out of
this particular apple. #LetsBeHonest #PoisonApple Amazon | Goodreads
9. When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren | Another story
that doesn’t feature food ON the cover, but its heroine, Grace is an aspiring
chef. (Plus it’s partially set in Hawaii – that’s forever a great
attention-grabber.) Amazon | Goodreads

10. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welsh | More ice cream.
Enough said. Amazon | Goodreads

BONUS!! More Book Covers for Foodies
11. Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson | Never read this one nor
do I know much about it, but how cute is its cover? Plus that color palette is to
die for. Amazon | Goodreads

12. What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard | Almost bought this
one a while back, and then opted for something else. Don’t let its chocolate
coated cover fool you. This one has some weighty issues to deal with if the
synopsis is an indication. Amazon | Goodreads
13. The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano | This
one releases next year, but I’m stoked about it. A friend recently recommended
it, which makes me all the more excited for the story inside. Amazon |
Goodreads

*publishes tomorrow afternoon; channel linked above
________________________
Though there are many other books that could be featured
with today’s topic, these are a few I discovered. Do you enjoy cooking? What
new recipes have you discovered? What books/topics did you feature today?
Comment all the thoughts down below.
Let’s chat. Tell me
all the bookworm, fangirl thoughts! I look forward to chatting with you and
visiting your bookish spaces.
Finding Wonderland

• Anonymous October 17, 2017 at 4:34 am

Ooh you've got some great choices here Rissi! How can they look so appealing?! I love the cover of Tell Me Three Things. :-)

• Rissi October 17, 2017 at 4:51 am

Thanks, Chrissi – and yay! That was the goal because after all, it is a "foodie" Top Ten Tuesday. :)

Me too! Cannot wait to read 'Three Things.' So fun to see it on your list too. Glad you visited, as always.

• Just Another Girl and Her Books October 17, 2017 at 6:20 am

Great list of books! I'm definitely going to need to look into some of them.

To answer your question, I do like to cook, although baking is where I shine (and it shows in my waistline). I don't often go searching for new recipes though unless I get a request for a type of cheesecake I've never made before (I'm kind of known for my cheesecakes). I used to pin all the things on Pinterest, but since I basically never use those pins for anything, I kind of stopped.

Hope you have a great week. – Katie

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:10 am

Fun! I do hope you find some exciting new reads, Katie. :)

YUM! Cheesecake is one of my favorite things! I haven't successfully mastered it, but I did find a no-bake key lime/cheesecake pie this summer that's divine. And I need to take your advice: I'd do a lot better if I unfollowed some foodies on IG. ;)

Thanks for visiting.

• Yulia K. October 17, 2017 at 12:03 pm

"Tell me three things" is a really cute book and with waffles on the cover it's even better. Great post and choices :)

Here's mine: Books That Made Me Hungry

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:13 am

I haven't read Julie's book yet, but the cover alone tells me it must be lovely. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Yulia.

• Heather October 17, 2017 at 12:26 pm

The only one of these I've read is When Dimple Met Rishi. I'll need to look for the others.
    I run a monthly link up for books about food. You are welcome to link up your post at http://www.spiritblog.net/october-2017-foodies-read. We have a monthly giveaway for books about food awarded by a draw from all the reviews posted.

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:14 am

Fun! Thanks so much for letting me know about your monthly link meme, Heather. I really appreciate this. :)

'Dimple' is high on my must-read TBR… just have to make the time to read it.

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Louise Ferrell October 17, 2017 at 4:43 pm

I love the way you went about the theme this week. The Shadow Queen is already on my TBR but When Dimple Met Rishi and Tell Me Three Things are both super cute too.

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:19 am

Thanks, Louise. It was really fun to put together. :)

SO glad to know 'Dimple' and 'Things' are cute reads. Those are my favorite.

Appreciate you stopping by.

• Courtney Clark October 17, 2017 at 8:40 pm

You're really making me hungry, Rissi!!!!! Yay for similar titles on our lists: Hillary's, Susan May Warren's, Carla's and a different one of Katherine Reay's (Emily Price). This is such a FUN topic!!! I could talk about/eat food all the time, haha. Some of these other covers you're featuring are adorable, too! Especially Tell Me Three Things and Peaches.

Here's my TTT

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:22 am

RIGHT?? This week's topic totally lends itself to that! And I REALLY need to stop following so many foodies on IG. It's become a problem. ;)

Glad we have all the favorite authors!! 'Emily Price' should have made my list too, but I picked Lizzy and Jane for the added benefit of a foodie cover. :D

I agree! Plus Peaches and 'Things' sounds adorable as well as look it. :)

Glad you visited, as always.

• Brittaney October 17, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Several of these covers made my list too. I can't wait for Carla Laureano's new release!

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:27 am

*high five* Here's hoping we both really enjoy Carla's book, Brittaney. :)

Glad you stopped by!!

• Erica Robyn Reads October 17, 2017 at 8:59 pm

AWESOME list!!

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:29 am

Thanks, Erica – and for stopping by. :)

• (Sophie) Books Like Wolves October 17, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Tell Me Three Things has the CUTEST cover! Since You've Been Gone was fantastic and super adorable. I love Morgan Matson's books! And that cover is #goals. Ice-cream can only make a book better, amiright?
    I read What I Lost and thought it was incredible. Huge trigger warnings, but it was an incredibly important novel that I highly recommend!

• Rissi October 21, 2017 at 3:47 am

SO agree, Sophie. It's too cute. :)

I've only read 'Amy & Roger' from Morgan… but 'Gone' is one I cannot wait to read. Especially since I had heard it's Morgan's best. :) YES! Ice cream makes any story all the better. :)

Good to know 'Lost' is a great read. It always makes those "dark" themes worth wading through when the novel does a nice job with its topic.

Thanks, as always, for visiting, Sophie. :)

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight October 18, 2017 at 1:41 am

Dude, The Shadow Queen cover IS pretty but yeah, avoid actually eating it for sure. I mean, a black apple is, at the very least, quite expired haha. Tell Me Three Things, Love & Gelato, and When Dimple Met Rishi are PERFECT choices, I love them all! Great list!

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:42 am

RIGHT?? Like, I don't really know why I added that cover (I filmed the booktube video a couple weeks prior to the graphic prep, etc.). But, well… it's there. ;)

YAY! Glad to know which of these you recommend and like for this list. :)

…as always, glad you stopped by, Shannon – thanks!!

• AJ Sterkel October 18, 2017 at 2:59 am

I don’t know about the black apple, but I could really use some ice cream right now!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:40 am

Ice cream ALWAYS wins!!

Thanks so much for visiting, AJ. :)

• Lauren Stoolfire October 18, 2017 at 3:14 am

I haven't read any of these, but many of them are on my tbr. Great choices though!

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:39 am

Ah, yes! That TBR is forever over-the-top growing, right?? :D

Thanks so much for visiting, Lauren. Hope you're doing well!!

• Greg October 18, 2017 at 5:03 am

I love the cover of Tell Me three Things, with the waffles! Two Blue Doors sounds great too, and Love & Gelato is a great pick! I liked that one.

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:37 am

The Two Blue Doors series is excellent, Greg. Especially if you like family "dramas." Hope you enjoy – and I agree! 'Three Things' has a great cover. :)

Thanks so much for visiting!

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense October 18, 2017 at 5:49 am

Read Tell Me Three Things right now. I know you'll love it! I also enjoy baking though I don't do it as often as I'd like. Great list!

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:36 am

*happy face* I'm so glad to know this, Alicia!! Thanks for the must-read ASAP encouragement – it's really short too, so I feel like I could totally slip it in between review books. :)

I bake more often than I used too (not sure that's a good thing!), but still try not to make it a habit in that I bake something every week, or the like. Still… it's fun to try all the new recipes!

Glad you stopped by, as always.

• Shell October 20, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I haven't read What I Lost, but that cover does look yummy. :)

Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:34 am

Doesn't it?? :)

Thank you for the return visit! :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads October 23, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Well your intro already made me hungry and then these delicious looking covers made it worse, haha :)
    I loved Tell Me Three Things, hope you'll love it just as much (Yay for waffles!)

• Rissi October 24, 2017 at 3:33 am

Sorry… ;)

Thanks! I'm so excited to read Julie's 'Three Things.' Especially since I did really enjoy her newest – waffles are always a win!

Thanks for visiting, Lindsey – as always. :)