Hello, happy friends, fellow bookworms, and readers. Welcome to Finding Wonderland! As always, I’m so glad to have you drop by and if this is your first visit, hi. Thanks for hanging out. Instead of the usual monthly wrap up, I’ve been doing a two-month mingle of things, which leads to today’s May and June 2021 rewind.
MOVIE ANNIVERSARY | CELEBRATE A MOVIE ANNIVERSARY + QUIZ: ‘THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA,’ 15 YEARS LATER
SIX months of 2021 are gone! We’re at the halfway point of the year. So, let’s do this!!
»NEW DISCOVERIES AND SUCH«
1: The Flag and Independence Day. Definitely not a “discovery,” but I did just want to acknowledge the Independence Day weekend coming – I’m excited! I’m not going to be doing anything (because I’m boring), but I love what this day represents and what our flag represents. Makes me happy to put out all of my little flags, which I plan to do! Just as soon as I mow the lawn this week. What do you have planned? PS: if you want to watch a flick, check out our Fourth of July movie list!
2: Music. One of my newest discoveries is the song ‘My God is Still the Same.’ It’s a good one.A MAY AND JUNE 2021 BLOGGING REWIND #MONTHINREVIEW #BLOGGINGWRAPUP #BLOGGERSTRIBE Click To Tweet
3: Reformats and Edits. GUYS!! I finally completed my re-formatting, margins and edits of the archives. I. Am. So. Happy. Got through this finally on the 5th of June! I also came down with a cold that day, so it wasn’t as celebratory as I planned, but hey, at least there was good in the day, too! I may still go in and do some deeper edits on some of the older stuff, but for now, at least it’s readable!
4: TV Show and Movie News. Some of the things I’m excited for is the return of Virgin River (in July!) and the fact that I finally started to watch Ms. Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries (not as good as the original, but cute). Additionally, there’s a new (second to the Indie adaptation) Netflix version of Persuasion filming. We share some details and thoughts; what do YOU think?
»Favorite Blog Posts: May and June 2021 Rewind«
(Blog posts that, while not necessarily the most popular, were fun to write)
1: [June] 15 COLORFUL SUMMERTIME MOVIES TO WATCH AND ENJOY! | Always enjoy a fun summertime flick.
2: [May] 16 ROMANCE MOVIES ABOUT FALLING IN LOVE THROUGH LETTERS | All about a good old-fashioned love story.
3: [June] 12 OF THE MEMORABLE & PRETTY MOVIE WEDDING SCENES | Loving making these fun lists!
4: [May] ABOUT A MOVIE ANNIVERSARY: THE FUN OF ‘A KNIGHT’S TALE,’ 20 YEARS LATER + QUIZ | Love this film!
5: [June] THE FUN ‘MS. FISHER’S MODERN MURDER MYSTERIES,’ SERIES TWO RETURNS TO ACORN | Actually started to watch series one of this little addon to the original, and had the chance to watch a screener of series two.
6: [May] THE NEW MYSTERY ‘WHITSTABLE PEARL’ FINDS HOME ON ACORN TV! | Haven’t watched much of this, but it’s interesting. (So far; I still may change my mind.)
7: [May] ON THIS DAY 10 YEARS LATER: CELEBRATE ‘THOR’ + A QUIZ! | Hard to believe this film is this “old.”
8: [May] SEE EMMA’S LOUISE DYLAN IN ‘TRUST FUND’: A GOOD BIBLICAL RE-TELLING | Surprisingly, a pretty good film.
9: [May] SOME GOOD PERIOD DRAMAS ON AMAZON PRIME, PART 2 | Gotta’ love a good period drama!
10: [June] WRITING A GOOD BOOK REVIEW: IS THERE A WRONG OR RIGHT WAY? | Just some thoughts I had.
⇉ THROWBACK FAVORITES | aka the section in which we take a peek at what I was writing about or posting this time last year.
- 1: 20 of the Happytime Summer Movies to Enjoy!
- 2: About Family, Love and Life: ‘About Time’ Film Review
- 3: ‘Belgravia’ is the New Romance from Downton Abbey Creator
- 4: Faces of a Romance Adaptation: The One All About Emma.
- 5: ‘The Lucky One’ – A Romantic Drama and a Soldier’s “Lucky” Charm
- 6: ‘Overboard’ (2018): A Cute RomCom That Will Entertain
- 7: Some of the Best Independence Day Movies to Enjoy
- 8: This is How I Rank the Best CBS TV Dramas
» Monthly Popular Posts / May and June 2021 «
- 1: 23 of the Best Most Wholesome Romantic-Comedies
- 2: NEW UPTV APRIL AND MAY 2021 MOVIE ROMANCE PREMIERES
- 3: NEW HALLMARK MAY 2021 TV SCHEDULE – FUN ROMANCE AND MYSTERY, TOO!
- 4: 11 of the Best Cozy British Mystery Shows (and Where to See Them!)
- 5: Some of the Best Period Drama on Amazon Prime [April 2020]
- 6: 20+ of the Best Cozy Movies to Stay in With!
- 7: [Three] of the Reasons Why I Don’t (& Do) like ‘A Discovery of Witches’
»Popular Posts the Week of June 23 – 30 «
- 1: 23 of the Best Most Wholesome Romantic-Comedies
- 2: NEW ‘SUMMER NIGHTS’ ROMANCE ON HALLMARK: JUNE 2021 SCHEDULE
- 3: NEW UPTV APRIL AND MAY 2021 MOVIE ROMANCE PREMIERES
- 4: NEW UPTV JUNE 2021 SCHEDULE: ‘JUNE GROOMS’ ROMANCE MOVIES!
- 5: 11 of the Best Cozy British Mystery Shows (and Where to See Them!)
- 6: Some of the Best Period Drama on Amazon Prime [April 2020]
- 7: UPCOMING 2021 BOOK RELEASES I’M SUPER EXCITED FOR (JULY – DECEMBER)
»Finding Wonderland Book Videos | May & June 2021 «
»Books Read | May and June Rewind «
aka another SUPER unimpressive two months’ worth of reading; I’m trying to teach myself that it’s okay to read less books that the “norm.” I’m learning to enjoy quality over quantity. Right now, there’s really nothing to talk about! I had a DNF (so disappointed) and am still reading my (SINGLE!!) June read.
There we are, another end of month close, and with it another two month Finding Wonderland “wrap up.” Tell me, did you discover any AMAZING new books? Bloggers? Booktubers? Bookstagram accounts? I’d love to “meet” these new accounts and the people behind them; or are you a newbie in this world? What are you looking forward to for the rest of the summer!? Please introduce yourself! Tell me about your new finds, people, or the books you’ve read… or anything goes.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland
please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!