Victoria Episode Three ‘The Clockwork Prince’ Recap: Albert & A Defining Proposal

January 30, 2017 6 Comments

After last week’s (surprising or no?) ‘Brocket Hall’ episode, Victoria begins a new romance to passionately root for, in this Victoria Episode Three, ‘The Clockwork Prince’ Recap. And this wonderous romance all begins with a single, fleeting, but so important first glance. Before I dive in and get carried away in this space, below you can find snippets of the recap and links to the recap in full.

TV RECAP | Victoria ‘Brocket Hall’ Recap – Confessions

Victoria Episode Three, ‘The Clockwork Prince’ Recap. Talking through another episode recap of the popular ITV show. All text © Rissi JC

The Beginning: The episode picks up immediately where last week’s left us (which was in a state of swooning). With that first,
romantic glance between Queen Victoria and her cousin Albert. From the moment their eyes meet, there is a kind of wonder and enchantment that passes between them. (Of course, given this couple’s history, I also recognize that knowing how their love story blossoms makes it tough to root for any other outcome.) They don’t really know anything about each other, but there is
something that lingers between them.

Victoria 'The Clockwork Prince' Recap – Albert! [and A Defining Proposal] #FWarchives Click To Tweet

Thoughts: This episode is as beautiful as those that came before. I do feel like Victoria and Albert’s romance has been cheated (a bit) considering the interesting dynamic between Victoria and Lord M.

Last night’s proposal scene is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen immortalized on screen, a scene I’ll take a closer look at later this
week in our Romantic Moment of the Week feature. Read this recap in its entirety on Silver Petticoat Review?

What do you all think of Victoria so far and more specifically this Victoria episode three, ‘The Clockwork Prince’ recap!? Did you not adore the proposal scene? What are your thoughts on the dynamics between Victoria and Lord M? Who are you liking and disliking most? Let me know down below!

Photos: ITV. This article first appeared on SilverPetticoatReview.com

• Catherine January 30, 2017 at 8:58 pm

I love this Albert, and I was expecting him to be a let-down after Rufus Sewell! He just gets better and better. I like that he's a bit different and kind of geeky :)

• Rissi February 1, 2017 at 1:12 am

I'm so glad you like him, Catherine. I haven't decided who I like best: Rupert Friend, Jonathan Firth or Tom's Albert. I feel like they've all played him a little differently though to be honest, I forget The Young Victoria. Must mean a re-watch is in order! :)

Rufus Sewell = ALL THE HEART EYES! :)

• A.F. Washburn January 30, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I loved last night's episode. Although Albert is fantastic and his chemistry with Victoria is breathtaking I can not let go of Lord M.

• Rissi February 1, 2017 at 1:13 am

As did I, Alyssa. It was beautiful. :) :) :)

Like you though, I'm sad to "let go" of Victoria and Lord M. That rook scene!? Breathtaking.

So glad you stopped by.

• Kristin January 30, 2017 at 10:31 pm

This was a really sweet episode, but I was definitely not expecting the proposal to come so soon! The courtship seemed so short, just one episode long, ha.

• Rissi February 1, 2017 at 1:14 am

Right!? I was surprised at the rapid pace of their relationship. Especially since show runners are already talking about 5 or 6 series! Golly, we could slow down a bit. :)

So glad you enjoyed this one and came by to share your thoughts!