Let Freedom Ring: Independence Day 2012!

July 4, 2012 12 Comments

Happy fourth, bloggers! Let’s celebrate and… LET FREEDOM RING!

Let Freedom Ring: Independence Day 2012! #FWarchives Click To Tweet
Let Freedom Ring! Celebrating Independence Day 2012. Hope you have a great Fourth of July. All text is © Rissi JC / RissiWrites.com

Today I just wanted to drop by to wish you all a wonderful holiday. Make it a day full of memories – a day spent with friends and family. In-between all the family get-togethers, cook-outs (a.k.a overeating on potato salad and burgers *wink*) and fireworks (my favorite!), let us all remember the reasons that we have the freedoms we do today – the very principles on which our country was founded! Thank you to all the men and women in the armed forces who are keeping it that way – and upholding the principles on which our country was founded.

What are your Fourth of July plans on this day of celebrating America? Fireworks and family? Movie binges? Picnics? A day on the lake? Whatever is in your plans, I hope your day shines brightly!

Let Freedom Ring! Wishing you all a wonderful Independence Day, friends.

• Charity July 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I hope ours is successful — having new friends out, and hoping my dessert, which I have never made before, is not a total disaster. But we'll have fun, either way — and I absolutely intend to overeat on potato salad! No fireworks here, though… there's a ban on.

Happy Independence Day!

• Gwendolyn Gage July 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Happy 4th, Rissi! Yes, i agree, we need to remember the cost of our freedom and appreciate the men and women risking their lives to keep it free. We also need to pray over the next election. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com July 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Amen!

And btw, your blog is looking presh! Never better.

• Miss Hatcher July 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

True! It's so important to remember our freedom came with a price and not to take it for granted.

Have a wonderful Fourth! :D

• Natalie July 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Happy 4th to you too! Hope it's a great one! =D

• Anita July 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Happy 4th July :)

• dana @ wonder forest July 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM

hope you had a great one!!
    xo dana
    from wonder forest

• Rissi July 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Charity – so… how was yours!? I am sure your dessert was great. My mother made an ice cream cake last Saturday that was new for us and it was quite tasty. ;-) What'd you make?

No fireworks out your way? Yeah, I totally understand that one! Hopefully next year that will change!

I hope you enjoyed a fun day with your family and friends!

Gwendolyn – same to you! I hope you enjoyed a great day!

The election is very important. I hope the American people vote to change things because if they don't I shudder to think what will happen!

Juju – hope you had a wonderful day!!

Thanks! I've had such fun making little headers and looking at new ways to make this blog "fresh" and a bit different each time. I am actually thinking of changing more than the header next time – adding some texture and background… so maybe it will all work! :-)

Really glad you stopped in!

Miss Hatcher – it is, isn't it!? I think we all lose sight of that – we never should though. As you say, taking it for granted is never a good thing.

Hope you had a great fourth!

Natalie – same to you! :-)

Anita – right back at you! :-)

Thank you for stopping by! Do so again.

Dana – same to you! :-)

And thanks bunches for stopping by – I hope you do so again sometime!

• Charity July 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

It was good, overall. Didn't feel like the 4th, though, except for watching The Patriot in the evening.

• Rissi July 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I haven't seen that movie in ages – as a matter of fact, I believe I've only watched it once! I should make it a habit for the 4th as it'd be excellent. Last year, my dad wanted to watch John Adams so we did. This year I watched shows (i.e. In Plain Sight and Missing) and still managed to get in a viewing of Undercover Blues – my family was in the mood for a good laugh. Considering it was so darn hot, we didn't feel like doing much else.

Sorry it didn't "feel" like the fourth though – mine passed more like a normal day but then… we're boring and don't mind. :-)

BTW: Your new profile pic? Yeah, it's adorable!

• Elise Frederickson July 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM

What a fun picture. Love the sparkler. And I totally love your fourth of july blog header!

• Rissi July 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

It is cool isn't it!? I like those best. :-)

Thank you – I always have fun designing these. Next up, something fun and bright; something that says "Summer."

So glad you stopped by, Elise – thanks!