Happy Thanksgiving 2012, friends! Give Thanks!

November 22, 2012 14 Comments

Every year, Thanksgiving Day brings up a bounty of memories and traditions that come flooding into our minds as if they happened only yesterday. The day represents something special in traditional activities but also our history and heritage. Although it’s a common holiday we share and celebrate, for American’s Thanksgiving Day may hold a different meaning. It may be merely another day for those who have to go to a 9-5 job, for others, it signifies seeing family members that we’ve not seen all year or it may be a tradition of helping out others. So…

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Happy Thanksgiving 2012, friends! Give Thanks! Wishing everyone the happiest of Thanksgiving days. Text © Rissi JC / RissiWrites.com

For my family, Thanksgiving holds more of a traditional meaning. We are either at home or spend the better part of the day with my mom’s family but whichever one works out, we always enjoy a meal with all the trimmings, watch a customary version of Miracle on 34th Street and have lots of laughs. (Since my family is hosting this year, who knows how things will turn out! *fingers crossed*)

TV FILM REVIEW | ‘Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade’: Hallmark’s Charming Vintage Romance

Today is the day that we’ll all sit down to a beautifully set table that with our best china but also a meal that proudly boasts a turkey as its centerpiece. It’s an American tradition we love, that is includes our loved ones around the table and enjoying the meal that those hands prepared. Too often we lose sight of what also the day represents – it’s a day to remember, and be thankful for all the blessings we’ve been privileged to hold. While it’s not wrong to enjoy the meal, a parade or shopping (is there really any other type of “Black Friday” shopping other than sitting in front of a computer screen!?), if ever there was just one day when we should recall our bountiful blessings, Thanksgiving is it.

In daily life, I often forget how fortunate I am to live in this free country. To be a part of the family I am. To enjoy… life. It’s something I take for granted far too often… and it shouldn’t be.

On this day, I wish you all a wonderful holiday filled with the simple joy that surrounded by loved ones brings: Enjoy your family, friends, good food and laughter!

Happy Thanksgiving 2012, friends!

Give Thanks: Happy Thanksgiving 2012, friends! Wishing everyone the happiest of Thanksgiving days. #Thanksgiving #Life Click To Tweet

• AnnaKate November 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Rissi. =) I'm thankful for your blog and the way you make me smile…. xo

• Rissi November 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The same to you, AnnaKate – I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful day. :)

Thank YOU for all your lovely comments and sweet spirit – I always enjoy your wonderful blog space. :)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com November 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Well said my friend. Happy Thanksgiving :D

• Rissi November 23, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Same to you, Juju – I hope you and yours enjoyed a wonderful holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

• Ella November 23, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend! And I am sure that you did a wonderful job at hosting!!

• Rissi November 23, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Thanks, Ella – you too, friend! Our day was full of good food and laughter and that is what counts. :)

LOL! My mom is the REAL hostess – she loves to set the table and use decorations so basically… I was just there for the food. ;D

• Natalie November 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Loved this! Happy Belated Thanksgiving! =D

• Rissi November 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Thanks, Natalie – that same to you. I hope you and your family enjoyed a great day. :)

• Jack November 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving! With lots of family members about and an enjoyable time!

• Rissi November 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I certainly did, Jack – I hope you enjoyed the same happy day. :)

• Rosie November 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I hope it went well! :D I love family traditions. Sadly, because of our move we weren't able to do one of our favorite traditions, but that's okay. There's always next year. :)

• Rissi November 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Aw! Sorry you missed out on some traditions, Rosie… but you had a new kind of excitement with the house! That IS exciting. :)

Regardless, I hope you had a special day – ours was lovely. :)

• Deidre November 24, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Yes! It's so true, it's often hard to put in perspective how lucky us Americans are. Happy Thanksgiving.

I also love the traditions each family has I think that's why thanksgiving memories are so clear and strong the pure repetition of the day!

• Rissi November 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Traditions are what makes the day special, Deidre. We do forget all too often how fortunate we are. That should be what we are most thankful for. :)

I am so glad you dropped by! I hope you visit again, Deidre. :)