Chrismtas Day is Here!

December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

I say this every year and yet each year, it seems more and more true. Time has again surprised me with how fast it’s gone. It seems only yesterday was Thanksgiving and our small family gathering was hanging our heads in shame over our football team losing (or more accurately, I was reading while everyone else was watching), then we consoled ourselves with a tasty meal.

Now, the day we anticipate all year is here.

My day will probably be all about recovering from a food coma since we’re enjoying our meal with all the trimmings on Christmas Eve. Of course, part of that will involve binge-watching Christmas movies, catching up on TV shows, unwrapping presents, wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies (yes, this is on the list twice for a reason), listening to Christmas songs while singing along and probably somewhere in there, I’ll sneak in some reading.

What are your Christmas plans?

Wherever you’re spending the Christmas season, I wish you all a day filled with laughter, family and good memories.

Merry Christmas, friends.

——-

• Ganise C.

December 25, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Well this made me smile! :) Your plans sound wonderful. Merry Christmas to you, too, Rissi girl. Hope it's a memorable one for you and yours. X

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hi, Ganise! I liked my day. ;) LOTS of Christmas movies… and quiet before the cleaning began for family coming for our Christmas meal tomorrow.

Hope your day was wonderful, friend. :)

• Shannon

December 25, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Have a wonderful bleseed Christmas and 2015!

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm

…same to you, Shannon! Hope you and your family had a great Christmas. Happy 2015.

• Missie

December 25, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Merry Christmas sweetie! Have an awesome day!
      Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
      Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Same to you, Missie; hope you had an awesome day! :)

• Éowyn

December 25, 2014 at 5:07 pm

A Merry Christmas to you too, Rissi! My day will mainly consist of feast prep and gift finishing, but I am planning on fitting in some Ballet Beautiful and a ride on my horse. :)

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Oooh, what a lovely day it sounds like you had, Eowyn! Hope it was memorable. :)

I still have gifts to finish too since we're having family Christmases yet – the first of which is tomorrow. :)

Hope your day was wonderful. Merry (belated) Christmas.

• Amber Stokes

December 25, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Merry Christmas, dear Rissi! Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. :) Hope you and your family have a blessed time together, full of laughter and joy!

~Amber

P.S. LOL about the football/reading comment!

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:55 pm

…Merry (belated) Christmas, friend. Hope you enjoyed the day with your family. Your fun blog post about Christmas was fantabulous. :)

….LOL, thanks! I just had to throw that in. ;)

• Hannah Barta

December 25, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Merry Christmas, Rissi! Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in some reading like you–I got three beautiful books as gifts today (Arthur Conan Doyle's The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, and Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters) and can't wait to start on them! This afternoon we're heading to my extended family's for dinner and socializing, then hopefully when I get home I'll be able to write up a guest post and perhaps a couple personal blog posts as well.

dance a real

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Oo, Elizabeth Gaskell! What an awesome gift, right!? Hope you enjoy those reads. :)

Yay for blogging… I need to catch up on that as well. Hoping to finish up my 2014 blogging tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Sunday we have family coming for our Christmas meal, so that day will likely be busy. We'll see how everything goes! :)

Merry (belated) Christmas, Hannah. Hope you had a wonderful day. :)

• Ella

December 26, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I hope you Christmas was great, Rissi!!!

1. Rissi

December 27, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Same to you, Ella; hope you enjoyed a great day! :)