- It’s a day anticipated all year long.
- It’s a time for twinkle lights and sappy sentiments.
- It’s a day adults calmly and rationally claim is for children. (whoever made up that falsity must be crazy!)
- It’s a day for giving back and reflecting.
- It’s a day when family and friends gather.
- It’s a day for snowman building and movie marathons.
- It’s a day for sugar cooks and sparkling cider.
- It’s a day full of laughter and pretty packages.
- It’s the one day when happiness fills glowing faces, and everyday life is put aside.
- It’s the day in which one small child was born… a child who changed the world. happy christmas 2012
Traditions make me happy during the nostalgia that is Christmas. I love snuggling up and watching a Christmas movie or baking sweets that I normally wouldn’t during the 11 months of the calendar year. Having family nearby and seeing them during the holidays is always wonderful. Enjoying the time my dad takes off. Or a hot cup of cocoa. The smell of an apple cider candle burning and twinkle lights on the tree. Everything good and right that December brings leaves me happy. Just one of the well-written Christmas songs is “The Giver and the Gift.” I’d like to leave with its chorus:
Wishing you all the warmth, joy and love of the season wrapped into one package.