9/11 2013: Remember to Never Forget

September 11, 2013 14 Comments

9/11 2013

Never Forgotten: 9/11 2013. Remembering the day Americans will never forget and reflecting on American pride. Text © Rissi JC

N is for Nine …the first number that will forever be etched in the minds and hearts of Americans

E is for Eleven …the second number that has the same fate

V is for Victory because in Him, there will always be victory

E is for By the Dawn’s Early Light… …and the entire National Anthem

R is for the Republic… …for which it stands, one nation under God…

★★★

F is for Things Worth Fighting For because our homeland is one of them

O is for Old Glory because those stripes and stars are a symbol of American pride and freedom

R is for the Red, White and Blue because those colors thread together America’s symbol of freedom

G is for the Gratitude …for the men and women defending our home front so that we can live a free life

E is for Emotion because no matter the pain, our emotions should help to shape us into better people

T is for Truth… because…

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness and Liberty for all!

Twelve years, and still this day is in our minds and hearts – and always should be. Today I’m reflecting on this 9/11 2013 anniversary. To everyone who took an oath, to protect and serve America before and since that day… Thank You.

• Kate September 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

How wonderful Rissi! Such a beautiful tribute. 9/11/01 was such a dark day, but the unity that came from it was amazing and the appreciation of the military as well.

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Horrible as that day was, one thing it reinforces is the importance of keeping America safe and defending all that we fought to make America. There were many stories of amazing bravery (like on flight 93) and that alone should always inspire us.

• Evelyn September 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I was touched by this. I listened this morning to the story of a man who, by God's protection, survived this tragedy. I was close to tears as I listened to him describe what he went through and what he saw. It was amazing to hear him give glory to God in the end. Thank you so much for this tribute!

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM

There are some amazing stories of bravery and courage out there, Evelyn. They certainly do humble us and if the people who had to live through that were changed and sought God, there is no greater realization that that.

Thanks for reading!

• Rosie Wilson September 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Awesome post, Rissi. :)

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Thanks for reading, Rosie. :)

• Hannah Barta September 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM

As a girl of not quite five when 9/11 occurred, if I remember anything, it's only the little, insignificant things that characterize that morning and my sister's memories. But how horrible a day! And we aren't alienated from that terrorism today, twelve years later, either.

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I have several memories of that day, Hannah – and even though I was a young teen, I don't think I fully comprehended what was going on or would happen. I also remember specifically the day we went to war after 9/11 which was a frightening prospect – I wasn't touched personally by 9/11 (meaning I lost no family or friends nor did I live close to the attacks) but that day is close to all American's hearts and minds.

It seems impossible that 12 years have passed and sadly, still, there are no answers or solutions to many of America's political issues.

• Jillian September 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Great post, Rissi. This was really touching and beautiful.

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Thank you for reading, Jillian. Appreciate your kind comment.

• Jamie Lapeyrolerie September 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Great post and tribute! I'll never forget anything about that day. Thanks for this!

• Rissi September 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Too true, I haven't forgotten either…nor should we, Jamie. It's a day that should always be a part of America, no matter the tragedy attached to it. We *need* to remember 9/11.

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com September 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM

What a beautiful tribute indeed. Wow. I'm impressed. I agree. #Iremember.

• Rissi September 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Thanks for reading, Juju. It's a day we will all (hopefully) never forget.