Little Letters, Edition Eleven

November 22, 2013 22 Comments

Little Letters is a random feature of “letters” to people or things that make us laugh or we appreciate.

Little Letters, Edition Eleven 2013

Dear Hallmark Channel, I love the Christmas program you bring to television screens – I’ve already got a pile of 2012 movies on DVD, and I kinda’ cannot wait to let the Christmas movies begin.

Dear 78 Violet, pretty please release more music…?

Dear Downton Abbey, why do you have such a hold over me…?

Dear CMAs, thank you – no, seriously THANK YOU, for that hilarious opening skit. It worked.

Dear Google+, I am in like with your new photo header design!

Little Letters, Edition Eleven 2013. Writing some random "letters" to people and things. Just because. All text is © Rissi JC
Little Letters, Edition Eleven 2013 #FWarchives Click To Tweet

Dear INSYs, you’re going to spotlight some epic books this year.

Dear Kelly Clarkson, your Christmas album is lovely! It’s my observation that a girl can never have too many Christmas albums – and who can resist one with My Favorite Things on its track-list!? Not me.

Dear Readers, thanks for being you! I feel fortunate to have “fallen” into the blogosphere community I’m in – thanks for being so welcoming and helpful. It’s been a grand 2-and-a-half-years.

Dear Spam Comments, You. Are. Rude.

Dear Katherine Reay, you brought a character to life vividly though a series of letters so I decided you deserved one of your own, just to say thank you. Your debut novel is lovely and I am honored to have been given opportunity read it. All the best to you.

Dear Sonoma Ballet Flats, I like you which is why I just bought two more pairs of you. Thanks for being comfy.

Dear J.J. Abrams, dude, you’re awesome.

Dear Sound of Music Live! well, don’t you look delightful…

Dear Stack of Christmas Movies, I kinda like you! How have I not ripped the cellophane off of you and dived in? I really don’t know, but know this: I’m getting antsy to begin the festivities with some sappy goodness.

Dear Thanksgiving, well… hello there!

Dear Twitter, yeah, I still don’t like your latest change – that whole showing photos in the timeline? It’s messy.

This ends the little letters, edition eleven 2013 installment! Happy Friday! Now, it’s your turn… do join in the fun and leave the link. :)

• Maria November 22, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Ok. Just so you know, I love reading your little letters!!!
    I gave it a shot on my blog…eek! =)

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Yay! Thanks, Maria – I have fun writing them and it's nice to "break" from all the reviews that seem to rule what I post here.

Awesome! I am so visiting your blog ASAP. :)

• Melissa Tagg November 22, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Love your little letters.

Confession: I'm very nervous about the Sound of Music live thingy. I am very loyal to the original film, so remakes stress me out a little bit. :) Hehehe…

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Thanks for reading, Melissa. I always love you stopping by. :)

You're not alone, girl. There are lots of devoted fans nervous about this Sound of Music. It's actually based on the Broadway version and NBC is not trying to re-make the film (or so they've been quoted as saying), so we'll see how that turns out! I'm thrilled because a.) I love Carrie Underwood and b.) I've always enjoyed plays and live productions so it should be fun! :) Hope you enjoy it.

• Net, the Movie Blogger November 22, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Oh, how fun! Loved reading it and seeing the Behind the Scenes of Sound of Music + your nod to the Hallmark Channel and the CMA intro… Love all that, too!

Happy Friday and Thanksgiving!!!!

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hey, Net! Thanks for dropping by. Excited about Sound of Music and this BTS video looks fabulous. Hallmark Channel is awesome for their ability to produce so many family-friendly movies and actually "live" by that motto and of course, that CMA intro…? It was priceless. :)

Same to you; hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Mette November 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Cute! I don't have the time do a post of my own, but I would like to tell the Doctor that I've never been so excited about a fictional event. Like OHMYGOD it's tomorrow!!!

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 8:57 pm

LOL, well adding a "letter" in the comments works just as well, Mette. ;)

Yay! I hope all of the DW fans love that special tomorrow – I'm sure it'll be epic! I've got the DVD pre-ordered so it'll be something to look forward too.

• Hannah Barta November 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Oh yay! Hopefully I'll get to link up sometime this weekend :)

This new version of The Sound of Music actually looks good! What day is it showing?

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Awesome, I'll be sure to stop by if you get a post written, Hannah. Yours are always fun. :)

Right?! I'm so glad you think the Live! Sound of Music looks good. :) This BTS video totally made me all the more excited. And it will air on December 5th. Almost here…

• Charity November 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm

J.J. Abrams has always been awesome. ;)

• Rissi November 22, 2013 at 9:07 pm

…which means I should have known that long before now! I'm beginning to wonder if I was hiding under a rock. Or something. Thanks Alias for making me realize how awesome Abrams is. ;)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com November 23, 2013 at 12:21 am

O I love this post. So fun! Did you take this picture? I love it too.

• Rissi November 23, 2013 at 4:00 am

Thanks for reading, Juju. :)

I wish I took that photo! Isn't it cool!? Love these sorts of artistic shots. :)

• Natalie November 23, 2013 at 6:10 am

There is no such thing as too much Christmas music indeed! And I too have been blasting Clarkson's new release this week!

• Rissi November 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Yay! Glad you like Kelly's new album, Natalie – I think it's really lovely and of course, anyone who puts "My Favorite Things" on their track list is epic. :)

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

• Jillian November 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I love this post! I'm still laughing over the CMAs intro. :) Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite singers and I can't wait to see how the Sound of Music turns out!

• Rissi November 26, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Me, too, Jillian! I heard part of it on the radio again the next day and it still made me laugh. It was FANTASTIC. Here's hoping Brad and Carrie host again next year. :)

So excited that Sound of Music is just a little over a week away!!

• Lianne November 23, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I think I'm more miffed at the whole Twitter-showing-your-conversations-on-the-timeline. It's very messy and rather intrusive; that's what Facebook is for =P

I've sort of been spoiling myself with what's going on with Downton Abbey but have yet to watch it. The outfits are looking gorgeous as always! :)

Spam comments = boo :(

Hope you're having a lovely weekend! :)

• Rissi November 26, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I've gotten used to the Twitter conversation threads but showing the photo… nope that is the last straw. Don't like it at all. However, as you say, I'd prefer it went back to the "view conversation" link – if I want to see someone's convo, I can hit the link.

Downton is quite lovely though that's just my opinion and I know lots of people were pretty down on it. Aside from one issue, both my mom and I thought it was as lovely as ever and oh, my! Lianne, you'll LOVE the costuming – it's breathtaking.

Boo, indeed.

Same to you, hope your weekend was great! Wishing you a wonderful week, friend.

• Evelyn November 24, 2013 at 3:34 am

Fun, fun!! I'm looking forward to watching Christmas movies too. =) We normally start it off by watching one on Thanksgiving.. Though we seemed to have watch the first Santa Clause (with Tim Allen) twice or so now… I'm hoping it'll be something different this year!! I'm afraid it might end up being that one though. =( We'll see. :D

• Rissi November 26, 2013 at 9:04 pm

There are SO many cute movies out there, Evelyn. I'm hoping to get a review up tomorrow of the latest one I watched this past Sunday; it's a Hallmark and was adorable. Hope you can watch something different, Evelyn. It's fun to try new things. :)