Once in a while, the most fun blog entries are found in the meme’s making the rounds in the blogosphere – particularly those that offer a series of questions of the blogger to answer. The fabulous Amber of Seasons of Humility tagged this blog last week with the Sunflower Award and as per it’s “rules,” she asked 11 questions of the 11 bloggers she tagged.11 Questions: the June Edition #FWarchives Click To Tweet
But before we get to those.
Also a part of this award asks that the blogger receiving it share 11 facts about themselves and honestly, I think I’m fact-ed out from these memes – what can I say, I live a simple life, and since it’s been a long while since I explained why I haven’t been tagging anyone else, I thought I’d share the reasons.
When these went around earlier, I went through the whole shebang. 11 facts, 11 questions, 11 new questions and 11 tags. The only trouble was that oftentimes either the bloggers I tagged weren’t interested in joining in, or had just been tagged by bloggers, who we all followed, and thus that’s the reason I haven’t gone 100% with this awesome Sunflower Award. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to pass it on to readers and YOU ALL deserve it. Specifically in regards to this award Amber shared with this blog, I’ve noticed that nearly all of the bloggers in our community have been tagged with this… and since I don’t wish to be redundant, I may not be tagging 11 bloggers at the bottom of this one, but am tagging some of you! I hope none of you mind the rule-breaking of these awards as I don’t mean to “pick and chose” what I take part in or in any way offend the rules of the award.
11 Questions: the June Edition
Here are Amber’s questions:
▪ What’s one book you already know will go on your list of favorites for 2014? Ooo, love this question! The one book that will for sure make the 2014 favorites list is, A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert.
▪ What’s one book you’re looking forward to reading this summer? Without question, Susan May Warren’s When I Fall in Love. Susan has a way of making ordinary beautiful – she pulls me in every time with her characters and I love that. Also, I’d add the Lizzie Bennet Diaries book that’s – squee – nearly here!
▪ What’s your favorite type of blog post to read?
That’s tough. I think, generally, any kind of well-written blog post is a favorite – it can be a book review that blows me away or it could be a piece of advice that resonates with my inner writer (speaking of this, the one that recently did that for me, was Anne Elisabeth Stengel’s advice on Originality in writing – thank you!) or it could be a bit of random fun that makes me smile.
▪ What’s your favorite type of blog post to write/put together?
I enjoy putting together any kind of post – reviews (come on, who doesn’t appreciate a platform to gush?? *wink*). But what I’d like to be more “brave” about is writing discussion posts. I used to post one at least once a month and now, it just doesn’t happen because I’m either too nervous over how it’ll be perceived (it’s ten times more challenging to get out there what a writer means in written form vs. being face to face) or it’s a topic that will have a wide-range of opinions and while I encourage polite discussion (which is all my readers have ever expressed), it often feels like it bothers people to be in a “agree to disagree” situation. And here, the idea is all about having fun.
▪ For paperbacks, soft cover (matte) or glossy?
Not sure I have a preference, most of the books I receive are the glossy (which is gorgeous and seems to make its colors more vibrant) but I did recently get a soft cover and it too was pretty. Toss up.
▪ Which do you enjoy most: Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or Goodreads? Twitter or Goodreads. Both are favorites, and are social media weaknesses.
▪ Which national park or country would you most like to visit? Country: England. Or maybe Prince Edward Island… can we say, gorgeous??
▪ What’s your favorite genre of music? Pretty much anything but hip-hop, R&B or rap. Anything goes as far as country, pop, light rock. I like to mix it up.
▪ Name one movie or TV show that surprised you recently.
Fun question. I suppose the TV show that recently surprised me was the short-lived Vegas. It aired on CBS (if I remember right…) and told the story of a former military MP, rancher-turned-sheriff (played by Dennis Quaid), who is trying to keep his town safe while it’s being overrun with the Chicago mob, or more specifically one man doing their bidding named Vincent Savino (played by Michael Chiklis) and his “crew.” It’s not a show that most people will like, but I recently watched the entire series and going in had no idea it was a 1960’s era and since I adore Call the Midwife, it was fun to see a completely different perspective of that time period.
▪ What’s your favorite flower? Right now, my “go-to” flowers while flower shopping are hydrangeas and tiger lily’s.
Thank you, Amber! This was a blast to take part in.
Tagging 5 bloggers:
- Ella of A Book in Hand
- Maria of The Book Nook
- Missie of A Flurry of Ponderings
- Regina of The Sunflower Pages
- Tressa of Tressa’s Wishful Endings
- Is there one book that you recommend to everyone?
- What’s your favorite genre to read, and why?
- How do you feel about the way teens are portrayed in secular young adult novels?
- Name a movie or TV show that surprised you recently, and why? (Borrowing from Amber, here!)
- If you could visit any fictional world, which would you pick?
- How many books and what is on your TBR pile?
- Are you an E-reader or physical book reader?
- What would you like to see more of in fiction? (i.e., a setting, plot, genre, characteristic, anything.)
- Not a question, but since it was popular on Twitter for a while, just for fun, share a “shelfie” (a photo of your bookshelf).
…and now you know why I don’t tag bloggers every time. A.) most of them have just been tagged through Amber’s tag and her 11 bloggers and B.) my questions cannot even number to 11. Or maybe I could blame it on the late hour? *wink*
Same as always, I am tagging all of you to take part! Want to join in? Please do. I’d love to see your answers to Amber’s awesome questions or a combination of both. Happy Wednesday, friends.