15 Hallmark Hall of Fame Films to Watch

August 27, 2015 18 Comments

15 HALLMARK HALL OF FAME FILMS TO WATCH. Celebrating the Hallmark Hall of Fame collection with 15 of their titles. Text © Rissi JC

A long while back (February I think), I put together a list on Silver Petticoat of 15 favorite Hallmark Channel films. This week I had the chance to talk about more of Hallmark’s with the Hallmark Hall of Fame films to watch. Fifteen is, perhaps, a slim number when considering the titles amassed in the collection. However among these is something for everyone. There’s romantic dramas; true stories; costume dramas and good old-fashioned entertainment, all of which lends its focus on inspiration and wholesome storytelling.

15 Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies to Watch #FWarchives Click To Tweet

I shared some of the films I’ve enjoyed, for a multitude of reasons. Since I am not getting my blogging act together this week, sharing this seemed a good idea. (Plus, I don’t mind taking opportunity to talk about Hallmark productions twice.) Should you like to see the list in full, you can find it down below.

Fifteen Hallmark Hall of Fame Films to Watch

In addition to their more commercial Hallmark Channel principal (an entity that has tripled in the few years – I’ve followed its growth), the Hallmark brand first began producing films (some sixty plus years ago) under the “Hall of Fame” branding. In fact, way back on a December’s eve in 1951, their very first film, which [happens] to be an opera, [did air]. Those films once upon a time [had] a home on CBS channels before jumping to ABC for a brief stint and now, as of 2014, they too are housed under the Hallmark Channel umbrella. In those years, they have produced beautiful originals based on true stories or re-tooled classics for the 21st century, all colorfully brought alive by some amazing talent. In addition to that, they’ve stacked up 81 Emmy Awards and strive to present “original films that entertain, enlighten and inspire.” Having seen many of their productions, I can attest to the truth of this statement. Continue Reading →

Which Hallmark Hall of Fame dramas are among your favorites?

• Terrill Rosado August 27, 2015 at 7:31 AM

My all-time favorite Hallmark movie is The Magic of Ordinary Days. I had not or haven't since read the book it is based on, but I really should. Keri Russell and Skeet Ulrich were amazing in it. I need to get my DVD out again and watch it with my daughter.

• Rissi August 27, 2015 at 11:35 PM

As do I, Terril; "Ordinary Days" is one of my favorites so re-watching it is long overdue. I hope you and your daughter enjoy once you see it. How right you are, the cast is superb and I suppose I'd forgotten the film was adapted from a novel. That makes me excited! :)

• Abbi Hart August 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Fantastic list! My favorite would most definitely be The Magic of Ordinary Days! Love that movie! I also enjoy Sarah Plain and Tall and Rose Hill! SO many of the other ones you mentioned sound awesome and now I want to watch them!

• Rissi August 27, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Yay for new discoveries. "Ordinary Days" is a popular favorite or that's what I'm finding through this list and I love that. How fun. It's a poignantly beautiful story, and of course, the cast is amazing. Happy watching, Abbi – and thanks for reading! :)

• Kristin August 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM

I don't watch many Hallmark movies, but I did see The Magic of Ordinary Days a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. I also love the Sarah, Plain and Tall adaptations! I've seen them so many times over the years…I guess I should just get them on DVD. :)

• Rissi August 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM

I'm glad. That's one of my "all-time" favorites. The Hallmark Hall of Fame line is, really, "classic." They produce top-notch stories with some great talent in front of and behind the camera. I've got "Ordinary Days" on DVD, but believe it or not, not "Sarah." I think that one is still VHS. ;)

Thanks so much for commenting, Kristin.

• Ella August 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Hallmark has some great movies!
    I haven't seen all of your favorites from your list. *Mentally adding them to my tbw list*

• Rissi August 27, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I agree, Ella! Hallmark DOES have some great films. They're a classic stories that families and adults alike can enjoy, which I love, plus they're produced really well. Hope you find some new titles to potentially enjoy. :)

• Ella August 28, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Thanks!

• Rissi August 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM

• Dawn Janis August 27, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Loving Leah is one of my favorites! I also adored the Locket, the Love Letter, Follow the Stars Home, Sarah Plain and Tall, In My Dreams,and Lost Valentine. At least of the ones you mentioned. I always LOVED it when they came on CBS. (I'm tempted to get cable just for the Hallmark channel). The thing was, while the acting wasn't always the greatest, the commercials were almost always heart wrenching.

• Rissi August 27, 2015 at 11:55 PM

Ditto. It's "different," but that's what makes it unique. The rest you list are favorites as well. The Hallmark Hall of Fame line is, to me, always a step above the "cute" norm of television movies, and that's why I liked them so very well; they might have ambiguous endings (that's kind of Hallmark Hall of Fame's trademark, but they're always enjoyable).

Same for me! I wish they were still airing on CBS or ABC (which is where they moved for a short time). Alas, they changed. *sigh*

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. (And PS; I agree. The commercials were darling.)

• Meghan Gorecki August 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Oh my WORD these all look SO great. Going to order them (whichever are there…) thru my library system. I need some new chick flicks to watch!

• Rissi August 28, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Yay for new chick flicks. I sure hope you find some to enjoy, Meghan. :) Thanks for reading.

• Bekah M. August 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM

AWESOME list, Rissi. I was going down the list saying, "yep…agreed…omg love that one…this list is so accurate…must. watch. now." Lol! Seriously, though. The ones I *haven't* seen yet I am renting from the library ASAP. :) Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Rissi September 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Thanks, Bekah. I did enjoy putting this together, and like you, was reminded that some of these deserve a re-watch. Some of the ones I own are so "old," I still have them on VHS. ;)

• Stephany January 8, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Hello!
    I choose the popular movies available at showboxvpn.com, now you can access the showbox movie app to update the best movies!

• […] 4: 15 Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies to Watch […]