A Look Ahead at 2014: News!

November 15, 2013

Starting anything new is something we approach with  mixed feelings of trepidation and
excitement. This is the place I am finding myself in right now. This past
Spring I was honored to be a part of the INSPYs (@INSPYs) as a judge – it was a fun, wonderful experience that I enjoyed very much. For those of you
who are unfamiliar with the INSPYs, it’s an award program created by bloggers that recognizes the best
in Christian fiction only it’s geared towards bloggers who read, review and
help promote the best in Christian fiction.

Here is the paragraph briefly summarizing the program:

Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the
INSPYs were created by bloggers to discover and highlight the very best in
literature that grapples with expressions of the Christian faith.”

The tag line is “the
bloggers award for excellence in faith-driven literature.” INSPYs recognizes many different genres and
categories as well as the authors who write these novels. If you don’t really know what the program is all about or how you can become involved, we’d love for you to read up and considering nominating books or helping spread the word for the 2014 year and this year INSPYs
is going through some changes, and part of that resulted in the lovely Jamie (@jamielynne82)
and myself being asked to fill the two vacant advisory board seats. Needless
to say, I’m honored and thrilled to be a part of this wonderful organization! This means, there’s going to be a lot of reading (hence the bookshelf –>) coming in these next several months but I am determined to be up to the task and am looking forward to learning more about INSPYs, and to be doing so with these lovely bloggers and friends – plus participating in every aspect of its program has left me excited;
shout outs to Rel (@Relz), Lydia (@OverweightBooks) and Stacy (@TheNovelLife) for this opportunity and their patience during this learning process. I look forward to working with you all!

The INSPYs is discussing some new things and there are some
potential changes upcoming because of that, so please, do bear with us all as
we retweet news (feel free to jump on the RT train :D) and try to get word out about some of these new things. The timeframe for nominations are
coming up fast, so keep your eyes open for that and be ready to nominate your
favorite 2013 novels! Also, for past judges or anyone who has anything they’d like to add in regards to the INSPY program, we’re open to suggestions, so feel free to share anything you may have in mind. We’re working on some Goodreads things (so if you’re on GR, watch for those links!) and do have a Google+ and Facebook page, so if you’re on either of those, we’d love for you to visit and maybe consider hitting the “+1” and “like” buttons. We look forward to chatting with you and having fun with the 2014 INSPYs.

Hope you’re all having a lovely Friday, friends!

• Crystal

November 15, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I'm so excited for you, Rissi! I look forward to seeing what changes are coming to the INSPYs and will be happy to jump on the RT train :D

Congrats on this awesome news!

1. Rissi

November 16, 2013 at 12:56 am

Yay! Having you on the RT train would be lovely, Crystal. We're going to try and be more proactive in our social media presence and having help would mean a lot! Thanks bunches for that! :)

I'm looking forward to all 2014 has to offer for the INSPYs, too. It's looking like fun so far. :)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com

November 15, 2013 at 7:59 pm

How exciting. I want to learn more. Hopefully you'll keep us posted. :)

1. Rissi

November 16, 2013 at 12:57 am

You can bet I will, Juju. I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for the INSPYs! :)

• Jamie Lapeyrolerie

November 15, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Yay!! Great post and so excited about these!!

1. Rissi

November 16, 2013 at 12:58 am

*High Five* Me, too, Jamie! Cannot wait to see what else is in store. :)

• Jillian

November 16, 2013 at 1:14 am

Sounds exciting, Rissi! I'll be happy to help spread the word :)

1. Rissi

November 16, 2013 at 4:16 am

Thank you, Jillian – we're going to try and be more active on social media sites to help with getting the word out, so we're grateful for any and all RT's. :)

• Ella

November 17, 2013 at 5:01 am

If anyone was made for this it is YOU, my friend <3

I have missed you. Hopefully I'll get back to normal one of these days =)

1. Rissi

November 19, 2013 at 12:22 am

Ella!!!! Girl, so great to see you over here. You've definitely been missed and I was just wondering how your travels went; I hope you had a lovely time. Catch me up anytime! <3

…thanks! I cannot wait to learn more about the INSPYs. :)

• Lydia

November 17, 2013 at 8:01 am

I'm feel so honoured to be working with you lovely ladies. Thanks for joining "the family"! Here's to making this our best year yet.

1. Rissi

November 19, 2013 at 12:24 am

Same here, Lydia! You ladies have been so kind and patient with this newbie and I'm excited to learn more. Thank you times a million for thinking of me – it's been a wonderful experience so far.

Ditto – let's make this year the best so far! We're off to a great start. :)

• Rosie Wilson

November 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I thought for sure I'd commented, but I suppose I didn't. Hehe.

This is great news, Rissi!! I'm so excited for you! :D

Sorry I haven't been regular in my comments. Since I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year, everything seems to fall by the wayside while I write, even the blog. lol Though I do hope to post a few more book reviews before the end of November. Hope you're doing well!! :)

1. Rissi

November 20, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Hey, that's okay, Rosie! No apology needed – I know lots of you ladies are busy with NaNo. Yay for new book reviews and I hope your book is going well. I admire you all for tackling this – I'm too much of a wimp to try it. :) Best of luck!

You too, hope you're doing well despite the busyness of NaNo.

Thanks for the kind comment – we're all SO excited about this and cannot wait to see what 2014 holds. :)