From Silver Petticoat: 15 Hallmark Channel Christmas Originals

December 11, 2015 9 Comments

From Silver Petticoat: 15 Hallmark Channel Christmas Originals. A list of favorites to enjoy! Which one do you love? Text © Rissi JC

As we document well around here, I’m a bit of a Hallmark movie addict. My archives here suggest this as does my file drives. This is why I decided to follow up my 15 Hallmark Channel Romances list with one exclusive to the Christmas season. Yes, that’s right, I compiled a list of 15 Hallmark Channel films to enjoy at Christmas time because, well, they’re centered on Christmas with plenty of romance.

RELATED INFORMATION: Christmas Film Archives

This time of year, I tend to binge watch them. So of course, in pursuit of that, over the many years, I’ve amassed several on DVD. Below you can find the opening of said list with links to the Silver Petticoat list. Have a look and if you like, comment or share about your favorites. As you know, I’m always ready to chat about any new Hallmark flick.

15 Hallmark Channel Christmas Originals to Watch

From Silver Petticoat: 15 Hallmark Channel Christmas Originals #FWarchives #HallmarkChristmasMovies Click To Tweet

have a confession to make: I’m a Christmas movie junkie. More specifically, I’m a Hallmark Christmas movie junkie. (My blog and DVD shelf can attest to this.) Not only do I eagerly read up on their seasonal lineups each year, my favorite wasting past times is watching for their TV originals to release to DVD, and once they do, collecting them has become something of a tradition at my house. Over the Christmas season, old favorites, as well as the new programming, enjoys frequent play time in my living room, which brings us to today and this list.

Since we are now seeped in, and officially a part of the Christmas season, I wanted to revisit some of Hallmark’s Christmas originals. The tradition my mother and I indulge in, for several years now, is a new Christmas movie each Christmas eve. Sure we love re-playing all of our old favorite Hallmark Channel Romances or even the occasional Christmas classic like White Christmas or the fun rom-com The Holiday, but every year we set aside a new Christmas flick (usually a Hallmark) to watch on Christmas Eve. Then we make a night out of it by binge-watching some oldies along with sneaking our one new film we set aside. Today, I’m sharing some of the films you can also enjoy this season.

15 Hallmark Channel Christmas Originals to Watch

(Alphabetized by Title, A-Z)

Continue Reading➔

• Cait @ Paper Fury December 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I barely ever watch movies…ikr?! SHAME ON ME. XD So glad you enjoy these ones! Christmassy movies always make me get more into the spirit of the season!! hehe
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

• Rissi December 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM

Definitely, Cait. And though there isn't always the polished ease to these as some blockbuster films, I love 'em nonetheless. :)

My pleasure. Love visiting new blogs and yours is always fun. THANK YOU for the return visit. :)

• Kara Lynn December 11, 2015 at 1:30 PM

I am A HUGE Hallmark fan and don't get me started at Christmas. I don't have cable but when I go to my grandparents every holiday season you can guess what me and my grandma like to do every evening. We both could watch the movies over and over the then when classics play I am just ecstatic!

• Brittaney December 11, 2015 at 2:50 PM

We love Hallmark movies at my house too. I agree with several on your list but would add Christmas with Holly, Debbie Macomber's Trading Christmas as well as a few from Lifetime -Christmas on the Bayou and Love Under the Christmas Table. I've enjoyed a couple of the new ones this year too!

• Rissi December 14, 2015 at 3:42 AM

You added some amazing ones, Brittaney! I almost added Christmas with Holly (more than once!) during the making of this list only to remember it's "technically" a Hallmark Hall of Fame. I suppose my "OCD" wouldn't allow me to add it although I most certainly should have… because that scene when Holly asks her uncle to be her dad… gets me every time. So cute. :)

Thanks for sharing some of your favorites – I love chatting these up! :)

• Molly's Book Nook December 12, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I'm going to include this post in my The Sunday Post (going up on Sunday). I love reading your movie reviews and this is perfect for even more Christmas movies to watch!
    My blog is: Molly's Book Nook

• Rissi December 14, 2015 at 3:46 AM

Molly, thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate you sharing this post. I'll be certain to stop by your blog this week and visit. :)