Marvel Fangirl: Doctor Strange Trailer

April 13, 2016 15 Comments

Hello happy readers! Today I’m dropping by with the teaser trailer of Marvel’s upcoming Doctor Strange. Before I share said teaser, below are five reasons why this film is going to be epic.

Doctor Strange starring Benedict Cumberbatch

1: Benedict Cumberbatch | Enough said.
2: It’s Marvel | Nearly anything Marvel does is amazing.
3:  Rachel McAdams | Always did like her, and it’ll be fun to see her in the MCU.
4: Sorcerers | This will be a new avenue for the MCU franchise, and I’m looking forward to it; if for no other reason than the “cool factor.”
5: Benedict Cumberbatch | Did I already mention him?

Far as I know this will be Benedict’s first real “blockbuster” film and yet with his top-billed credit, he easily brings name recognition to this new franchise. I love the “look” of the film and despite not always getting to the theater to see the Marvel or superhero films, I may have to make an exception for this November release.

Here’s the synopsis:

After his career is destroyed, a brilliant but arrogant and conceited surgeon gets a new lease on life when a sorcerer takes him under his wing and trains him to defend the world against evil.

Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange opens November 2016. On the ominous words, “Forget everything that you think you know,” go forth and take a look at the trailer.

Marvel Fangirl: Doctor Strange Trailer. Taking a look at the 2016 release of Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange. #Marvel #DoctorStrange #Movies #BenedictCumberbatch #FWArchives Click To Tweet

Well, what do you think of this amazing teaser? Do you think any of the Marvel characters (as is a commonality) will make an appearance in Dr. Strange’s world? Comment, fangirl or rant down below. I’d love to chat this one up with you.

• Sam Frost April 13, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I'm super excited for this one! You're right- Benedict Cumberbatch is enough! But also, Dr. Strange is one of my favorite heroes and getting an onscreen adaption is going to be amazing!

• Rissi April 14, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Me too, Sam! This one looks to be amazing so I'm curious to watch its promotional "teasers" leading up that fall 2016 release. Plus, yes, Benedict is going to be an epic addition to the MCU world. :)

• Andrea Hatfield April 14, 2016 at 1:01 am

That looks like it's going to be a good movie! So, I've got to ask, who is your favorite Marvel character?

• Rissi April 14, 2016 at 4:17 pm

It sure does, Andrea! I agree. In fact, this might be my favorite one yet (if this teaser is an indication). I go back and forth depending on which character is currently enjoying a new installment in their series, but I always circle back to Captain America. He's always been my favorite likely because of his moral conscious and old-fashioned manners. :) How about you?

• Andrea Hatfield April 14, 2016 at 4:47 pm

I like a lot of them but I think Thor is my favorite.

• Rissi April 16, 2016 at 3:23 am

I like Thor too! He just might be my second favorite. Oh, too many decisions and characteristics to consider. :)

• Anonymous April 14, 2016 at 12:36 pm

WOW! That looks really good! Whew. Benedict Cumberbatch is the obvious choice.

• Rissi April 14, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Right?! My thoughts exactly, Katie. :) Glad you're excited too.

• Joni April 14, 2016 at 12:59 pm

I'm so curious to see how things translate in this film because it seems so different from previous Marvel films. And is anyone else hearing Cumberbatch's American accent? It caught me off guard and I was a little distracted by it, but he does it well. (Still, though, I can't help missing he English accent a bit. ^^)

• Rissi April 14, 2016 at 4:19 pm

This one DOES indeed look very different, Joni – I have to admit, if it's done well, I'm all for its individuality. That being said, YES! I totally heard the American accent. How fun that will be. (Anytime a Brit loses their beautiful accent, it's a little sad. But he's such a talented actor, I suspect I'll like him equally well as an American. :D)

• Kara Lynn April 15, 2016 at 11:03 am

I'm getting kinda excited about this one and I really don't enjoy Marvel movies. It could be perhaps that Benedict Cumberbatch is in it or perhaps the fact that the feel of the movie is completely different because it has sorcerers, or maybe because Sherlock is in it? ;) But why did Benedict lose his accent? It was too amazing to give up for the film!
    Through and through this does look promising and I'm excited to see what it turns out to be!

• Rissi April 16, 2016 at 3:18 am

As you are excited about this one, I sure hope it lives up to that excitement, Kara. I'm particularly curious because its the first of its kind in this MCU platform. Plus, simply the fact that "Sherlock" headlines makes it all the more attractive. :)

…and yes! What a travesty the loss of accent is. British people should never do this… or there are few exceptions. :D

• Bekah M. April 21, 2016 at 8:51 pm

This looks like it's going to be epic and mind-blowing! I love Benedict, so of course I'll be watching. :)

• Rissi April 22, 2016 at 4:37 pm

My reaction precisely, Bekah. :)

• […] MARVEL FANGIRL | Doctor Strange Teaser […]