Since this post is going around a lot in the blogging scene, I thought it might be fun to add my own post to that list of bloggers. I feel like I am putting this together on a whim, so it is not likely to be very organized, and for that I do beg your indulgence. This winter, I plan on doing a more “complete” list and have some fun with it, but until then, read on below to find out what some of my favorites from 2011 are, including books and
FAVORITES FROM 2011
Books: Although I have dozens still to read on my “TBR stack,” here are just a few of the books that I read this year that I most enjoyed.
- Heiress is a dark fairy-tale that is somehow really enchanting. Susan is a first-class author and I am eagerly looking forward to the sequel, Baroness.
- Debut author Michelle Madow enchants with her novel Remembrance. I thought her writing has room to “grow” but I thoroughly enjoyed this wholesome teen novel.
- There You’ll Find Me is also a new teen release for 2011. Written by Christian author Jenny B. Jones, I thought it was simply lovely. A beautiful tale set against Irish beauty.
- Bristol Palin is likely a household name because of her family, and the choices she made as a teenager in the public eye. Her biography, Unafraid of Life released this past year and it is a candid look at what went on in her life.
- Beastly – since I love fairy-tales this was a must-see, and the film is better than the book
- Captain America – what more can be said about this was but; “bring on the fun!”
- Footloose – although I haven’t seen the oldie version, this is a dazzling re-make
- The Help – a tender, moving story
- Jane Eyre – truly a beautiful adaptation
- Monte Carlo – this one is my “cute” chick-flick pick that just so sweet
- Pirates 4 – loved this latest “pirates” film, what more can be said about Captain Jack?
- Red Riding Hood – this one is my “unique” pick of the past year
- Sherlock Holmes 2 – this movie was awesome!
- Soul Surfer – great family film
Television I discovered in 2011:
As incomplete as I am sure this list is, that is all I can come up with for now – I am truly out of time to be sitting here typing. Perhaps, I will add more to in the next couple of days, but for now, you must forgive me. Tell me, what were some of your favorites?
Now, to close, here’s just a few titles I’m super excited about in the 2012 world of blockbusters;
- The Avengers – because awesome Marvel superhero movie
- Mirror, Mirror – big-screen adaptation re-telling of Snow White
- The Vow – romantic drama starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams (have I mentioned before how much I like her?? *grin*)
find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!