Houdini & Doyle, Season One: Episodes 1 – 4 (2016)

June 4, 2016 6 Comments

I’m a TV addict. This is no secret. If there is one thing that trumps ordinary TV, it’s costume dramas. Of late, networks like NBC, ABC and CBS have tried their hand at it, and in fact, this fall, some of the networks have new period dramas lining their fall schedules. So many of which we will talk about here at some point. But today, we’re here for a different reason.

Houdini & Doyle, Season One: Episodes 1 – 4 (2016) #FWarchives Click To Tweet
Houdini & Doyle, Season One: Episodes 1 - 4 (2016). Reviewing (on Silver Petticoat) the show Houdini and Doyle. Text © Rissi JC / RissiWrites.com

Today, I’m happy to talk about Fox’s latest miniseries (I think that’s what it is?), Houdini & Doyle, season one. If you like shows like Sherlock, Murdoch Mysteries or Rachel McMillan’s Bachelor Girls Guide to Murder, then this show might be your cup of tea.

Over on Silver Petticoat, I’m reviewing the first four episodes (because I’ve not yet watched the latest), and sharing more thoughts about why I like this new show. Read on if you like.

Houdini and Doyle, Season One – An Entertaining Period Drama About Sleuths

It’s been interesting to watch as network television joins the period drama bandwagon. One of those networks is Fox. With their summertime new series, Houdini and Doyle, Fox attempted to pull some Sherlock fans (though the ratings haven’t been great). This period drama is set in the early 1900s, and the script reads like a mash-up of established cozy mystery series. Despite this, there’s still something singular about Houdini and DoyleContinue Reading on Silver Petticoat ➔

• Gamer Girl June 4, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Ah, the mystique,the drama, the costumes. I love watching these old time shows.

• Rissi June 5, 2016 at 9:29 PM

As do I! They're always SO much fun. :)

• Tressa S June 12, 2016 at 7:58 PM

I do like all those things and hadn't heard of this one, but we haven't been watching a whole lot of tv. I'll have to catch this one and see what I think. :)

Tressa @ Wishful Endings

• Rissi June 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM

Hope you enjoy, Tressa! It's lots of fun, and the camaraderie between the leads is what makes it so addicting.

• Kara August 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM

I've been curious about this show, I'm glad to know you liked it! Or at least the first few episodes anyway. I'll have to see about watching it sometime.

• Rissi August 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM

You will indeed, Kara. It's lots of fun and if you don't mind the angle it has about magic, it's lots of fun. :)