March 14, 2017 41 Comments

Hello, readers and friends. Despite my best-laid plans, the blog is a little sparse on content this week. But despite this, I do have intentions for new content and fun (aka a giveaway!), today we’re returning to our standing Tuesday date. Today’s Broke and Bookish March 14 topic is my Spring 2017 TBR!

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring 2017 TBR (or the Books That I Want to Read this Spring But Probably Won’t). Talking a new seasonal TBR! Text © Rissi JC

So as is always the case with my seasonal TBRs, they never end up being what I’d like them to be. For example, making a spring TBR at this point is kind of an oxymoron for me. Allow me to elaborate.

Much as I’d like to read some of the books on my bookshelf, the chances of me actually reading them is slim to zip. The reason being I have two stacks of books (books that are, seriously, mocking me) of INSPYs reads. Still it’s nice to think perhaps there’s
a chance I’ll read some of these. Because of this, and simply for the fact that I enjoy talking all things books and nerdy fangirl with you all, I’m still putting a list together. Who knows. Perhaps I’ll surprise myself and actually read some of these.

Let’s jump into spring TBR-ing.

SPRING 2017 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring 2017 TBR (or the Books That I Want to Read this Spring But Probably Won’t) #FWarchives Click To Tweet

1. Intermission by Serena Chase | Many of my blogging friends and reviewers who I trust say this is a must read. My response? To buy a copy for the bookshelf. Amazon | Goodreads

2. Murder on the Moor by Julianna Deering | Part of the #WeHeartDrew fan club. ‘Nuff said. Amazon | Goodreads

3. Life After by Katie Ganshert | Now, I’ll admit I did fib above. This is actually a review book kindly sent to me by Waterbrook (after requesting it), so naturally, I will read this one – and in fact, it’s my current read. Guys, you must excuse me while I talk about this book for a minute. This novel is, without question Katie’s best yet – and her prior novels are all wonderful (or I recommend those I have read), so go forth and pick this one up. Amazon | Goodreads

4. Wait for Me by Caroline Leech | Given that my reading is lacking in YA historical reads, this one is a story I’m really excited for. Let me know if you’re read it. Amazon | Goodreads

5. Geek Girl: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale | Read Geek Girl earlier this year, and aww, it was my cup of tea. Such a sweet/cute story, not to mention one I’d like to think we can all relate to. Amazon | Goodreads

6. Hunted by Meagan Spooner | This beauty releases today, and the fact that it’s a Beauty and the Beast re-telling makes me one happy reader. Cannot wait to have its brand of pretty on my shelves. Amazon | Goodreads

7. When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin | Looking for a smashing historical (WWII) novel? Look no further than Sarah Sundin’s books. She’s got an incredible line up and there’s no doubt this newest will follow in its predecessors footsteps. Amazon | Goodreads

8. Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse | I started to read this one high on the promise of its Anna and the French Kiss comparison. Sadly (via my rankings), it’s no ‘Anna,’ but I do like the unique setting. Amazon | Goodreads

9. Then Came You and True to You by Becky Wade | Becky’s new series will be a must read because a. her novels are contemporary romance magic (*frantically calls attention to Meant to Be Mine*) and b. I’ve a weakness for contemporary romance. In addition to this prequel novella, I cannot wait to have the first full-length novel, True To You. Amazon | Goodreads

10. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West | Inserting any of Kasie’s novels in this slot save for The Distance Between Us and On the Fence would fit nicely since I want to continue reading this author’s books. Amazon | Goodreads

Of course there are loads of other books I’m anticipating like Just the Way You Are (reliable source – and #BookBestie! – Courtney says this one is SO good); Jane of Austin (technically a spring release??); Pursued, and many others.

Which books are sitting pretty on your spring 2017 TBR? Do you have plans to binge read a ton of books or is your TBR plans on the manageable side? Comment down below with any and all bookish thoughts, Top Ten Tuesday links. Feel free to introduce yourself if you’re a new blogger, reader, follower or booktuber. Always glad to meet you.

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

• Michelle March 14, 2017 at 4:49 AM

I'm excited to try Seven Days of You because of the cool setting too. I definitely think you're right and it won't compare to ANNA, but maybe it'll be something light and fun??

• Rissi March 14, 2017 at 5:05 AM

I think that's exactly what Seven Days of You is going to be, Michelle! I did star to read it, and the setting is the main draw for me – I love armchair adventures and would love to see them happen more often in fiction. :)

Thanks for making Finding Wonderland one of your Top Ten Tuesday visits.

• Anonymous March 14, 2017 at 5:55 AM

I love Holly Smale's writing. I hope you like all of these books. :-)

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:20 AM

Me too, Chrissi – Geek Girl is such a fun and easy read. Looking forward to more from Holly. :)

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

• Greg March 14, 2017 at 7:58 AM

Seven Days of You and the Drew farthering book both look promising. When Tides Turn looks like a good WWII read too…

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:22 AM

Sarah's WWII books are always a wonderful read, Greg. Hope if/when you have a chance to meet Drew and read 'Seven,' you enjoy. The former is a great historical series circa the Roaring 20s and the latter is (so far) a lighthearted contemporary.

Thanks for visiting!

• Emily Seals March 14, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I've regrettably never read any of these, but I hope they all work out for you!

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:23 AM

Thanks, Emily. It's always fun to visit all the Top Ten Tuesday posts to see what everyone is featuring. :)

Appreciate you stopping by.

• Lori March 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM

I'm really curious about Hunted and Seven Days of You! I hope you enjoy all of these.

My Top Ten

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:26 AM

Same! Most curious about the Beauty and the Beast themes Hunted is supposed to echo. :)

Thanks, Lori – appreciate you stopping by.

• Brittaney March 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM

It's good to hear your opinion on Life After. It sounds intriguing, but not the type of novel I generally read. I loved Kasie West's The Fill-In Boyfriend and Intermission deserves all the praise it is getting. It's sweet yet bitter and deeply emotional and charming. Oh and I'm a Becky Wade lover too. The novella is good and something you can knock out in an hour or two.

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:30 AM

Five years ago I probably wouldn't have chosen Life After. Not because I didn't think it wasn't good, just because I was all about reading "happy" books. But, Katie's writing is always stunning and this book has been beautiful thus far. I'm hoping to get a review up by this time next week. :)

Three cheers for the Kasie West plug. Glad to add your name to the list of Intermission recommendations. It sounds wonderful, so I'm eager to read it!

Becky Wade is, without question, one of the best contemporary romance writer's I've read. Her books radiant with joy even though they do, at times, wrestle with serious and emotional issues. :)

Glad you shared your thoughts of these, Brittaney and appreciate, as always, you stopping by. :)

• Poinsettia March 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM

These books are all new to me. I hope you find time to enjoy them. Here is My TTT

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:31 AM

Yay for some potential new finds! That's half the fun of Top Ten Tuesday. :)

Thanks for making Finding Wonderland a Top 10 Tuesday stop.

• Dawn Janis March 14, 2017 at 5:28 PM

I need to read several of these!

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:32 AM

I need to read several of these and then some, Dawn! So many books, so little time. :)

Thanks, as always, for visiting.

• Sarah Sundin March 14, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Thank you so much for including When Tides Turn :) And seriously – make time for Murder on the Moors – this might be my favorite Drew book yet. That's saying a lot!

• DeAnna Julie Dodson March 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Awwww . . .

<3 Sarah :D

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:34 AM

My pleasure, Sarah! I'm so looking forward to your novel, and in fact, I plan to make time for this new Drew book as well as YOURS! Both are high on my priorities list. Just got yours in the mail today thanks to the magic of Amazon Prime. :) Cannot wait!

• Grace Xie March 14, 2017 at 6:14 PM

Katie West is also on my TBR!! I haven't read any of her other books though, so she'll be new for me! Awesome list, and happy reading!! :)

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:37 AM

Kasie's books are lots of fun, Grace. Especially if you enjoy lighthearted romances. :) Hope you enjoy if you do read them – and yay for discover a new author.

Thanks for visiting.

• Luna Crone March 14, 2017 at 6:34 PM

Thank you for all the possibilities!!!

Luna Crone

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:38 AM

Sure! Books are an endless source of possibilities, aren't they?? Let's hope we never run out. :) Appreciate you visiting, Luna.

• DeAnna Julie Dodson March 14, 2017 at 7:33 PM

If you ever get a chance to read Murder on the Moor, I'd love to know what you think.

And don't feel bad about having TBR books. I have a whole houseful of them. And I really, REALLY want to read them. I just don't have a clue when. ;)

Julianna Deering

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:41 AM

Oh, I most certainly will make the time, Deanna! I'm so looking forward to returning to Drew and Madeline's world. They're smashing. :)

We bookish sorts all have this issue, don't we? That's the good thing – we all "get" it, and understand the struggle. It's real. :D

Thanks for visiting! Always nice to chat with you.

• Lauren Stoolfire March 14, 2017 at 8:11 PM

I hadn't heard of When Tides Turn – I'll have to add it to my tbr! :)

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:46 AM

Judging from Sarah's previous novels, 'Tides' will be a great read, Lauren. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Lianne @ eclectictales.com March 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM

Great list Rissi! I haven't read or come across any of these titles, though maybe two of these authors are familiar to me.

My TTT

• Rissi March 15, 2017 at 4:51 AM

Lianne, hi! Always great to see ya' over here, friend. (Hope you've been well!)

If you ever read any of those that are maybe familiar, hope you enjoy. Always fun to discover new authors.

Appreciate you visiting! :)

• Alyce Hunt March 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM

I am SO EXCITED about Seven Days of You – I don't know why I didn't think of this one for my list!
    I'm also planning on reading the whole Geek Girl series soon. It feels like a shame not to catch up now that this last installment is out in the wild.

• Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:46 AM

I missed WAY too many as well, Alyce. They keep for next go round, right?? :)

Loved Geek Girl so reading the rest of these is high on my must list. Here's to us both enjoying!

Appreciate you visiting. Thanks!

• IloveHeartlandX March 15, 2017 at 7:18 PM
    • Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:47 AM

100% agree, JJ! It sounds and looks like a fabulous read. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Carrie March 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM

i love the honesty in your title lol

• Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:50 AM

Tis SO true when it comes to my reading, Carrie. :)

Glad to have you visit.

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight March 16, 2017 at 3:18 AM

These are great! I read Wait for Me, and I really liked it. It reads a little young, but the story itself is really quite lovely! Hunted wasn't my fave, but I think I am definitely in the minority there! And I feel you- I tell myself all the books I want to read but then… hahah NOPE! Great list, I hope you get to read lots of these, and that you enjoy them!

• Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:53 AM

Good to know, Shannon! Thanks. I've read YA books that read a little young too (it's so painfully obvious in some of the dialogue), but sometimes, as you say, those lovely reads are precisely what I crave. :)

Thanks for the Hunted thoughts too! I've read books that fall in that camp too (feeling like I'm in the minority). We'll see – hope I do enjoy. Have you liked/read other of Meagan's books?

Thanks! You too. Here's hoping we both find we read more of these than we anticipated. Happy spring TBR-ing, Shannon – and thanks for visiting!

• Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) March 16, 2017 at 3:45 AM

All of these sound like entertaining books, especially the Fill in Boyfriend!

Here’s my TTT!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

• Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:57 AM

Agreed. Kasie's books are super cute and frothy, so reading more from her is high on my must read list. :)

Thanks, as always, for visiting, Ronyell!

• Jacque Smith March 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Great list! The Fill in Boyfriend is still on my TBR list along with several of her other books. I hope you enjoy all of these this spring! Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

• Rissi March 17, 2017 at 4:59 AM

Thanks, Jacque. :) I really liked the two novels I read by Kasie a couple of months ago so reading more from her is a top priority; hope you are able to accomplish this bookish goal soon too! :)

My pleasure. Thank you for the return visit.