Booktube Talk | The Chocolate Book Tag

September 13, 2017 12 Comments

Booktube Talk | The Chocolate Book Tag

September 13, 2017 12 Comments
Today is a notable day for chocoholics. Today is National
Chocolate Day. Or so the silly holidays powers that be inform me. Sometimes I
question their sanity since I swear we have some form of “Read a Book Day” once
a month. But that’s not the point. Back on schedule for today’s topic, and
we’re mean to be talking all things chocolate.

To be honest, I don’t consider myself a chocoholic. Sure, I
enjoy a piece of chocolate (peanut butter M&Ms are a weakness) or a good
chocolate chip cookie (homemade for the win!) now and again, but overall, I’d
rather have a good crisp (apple, rhubarb or peach, doesn’t matter) or muffin to
satisfy my sweet tooth.

Still, today was too fun of an opportunity for a blogger to
let pass. I’m celebrating in one of two ways. One being this post, the more “rigid” format in
which I answer book tag prompts (I also wrote another chocoholic post, but decided to hold off on posting it). Secondly, I decided to catty the fun over to BOOKTUBE

This is a tag I saw this on a fellow booktuber’s channel and
thought it’d be fun to join in – no, I wasn’t tagged in this one, but still… So part of the Q’s are answered on my
booktube channel, the rest I talk about down below (and those that do crossover
feature two different answers).

Let’s get to the questions!

White Chocolate – Your favorite light-hearted/humorous read*

This question is so unfair. I have so many favorite light-hearted
reads. Mostly because, overall, it’s this that’s my favored genre. As someone
who reads for pleasure, I love it when a novel can take me on an adventure in a
humorous way.

Because I’m forced to choose one, I’ll go with…
Geek Girl by Holly Smale. BONUS! Some
of the authors I turn to for such reads include, Jenny B. Jones; Melissa Tagg;
Kasie West and so many more!

Wafer-free Kit-Kat – Name a book that surprised you lately | Hmm… I don’t know that I’ve read one that surprised me lately. Back in
December, I did read Close to You which
is absolutely amazing. I guess since I read repeat authors (and am happiest
when I do), going into the book “knowing” it’s going to stun, I don’t really
end up being “surprised” because I was confident it’d reach that level of
amazing. But this is the first book by Kara Isaac I read, and so it was a
lovely treat to discover her brand of storytelling.

Snickers – A book that you are going nuts about | Melissa Tagg’s All This Time which
is my current read. I really wanted to be further along in this one, fellow
bookworms, but sadly, this week has been full of canning. (Blogger trivia: I
detest making applesauce.)

Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows – What book would you turn to
for a comfort read?*
| Here I’ll be more generic. Some of the
authors I turn to for comfort reads (because they’re so talented and good at
it) are Nicole Deese (A New Shade of
Summer
); Denise Hunter (The Goodbye Bride,
Just a Kiss); Katherine Reay; Melissa
Tagg; and plenty more.

Into these stories, I could also insert Debra White Smith’s Jane Austen (contemporary) re-tellings. Though it’s been years since I read them, I adore the new covers and I’m now SO ready for a reread.

Box of chocolates – What series have you read that you feel has a wide
variety and a little something for everyone
| Good
question. I’ll choose the Doon series and Unblemished trilogy. Both seem to
represent this question really well. Both are set in contemporary worlds before
eventually travelling to other realms (the former travels in time to historical
Scotland, the latter into a kind of parallel world called a “Reflection”).
There’s also plenty of romance, adventure and angst y teen drama. If you want an
adult novel, look no further than Becky Wade’s True to You
(or
any of her novels).

Q’s Answered on Booktube <<<

Dark Chocolate – A book that covers a dark
topic [abuse, domestic violence, rape, lonlieness, bullying, death, etc]

Milk Chocolate – A book that has a lot of hype
that you’re dying to read

Chocolate with a caramel center – Name a book
that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it

* Answered here and on booktube

FINDING WONDERLAND on BOOKTUBE

That’s a wrap for the Chocolate Book Tag! Have
you joined this fun tag? Let me know down below; I’d love to come by and visit.
Have you read any of these books? Do you like them? What books would you pair
with chocolate?? (What’s your favorite KIND of chocolate??) Let’s chat,
bookworms!
_______________

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Hannah Sophia Lin September 13, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Ooo, this is such a fun tag! I've seen it floating around and may or may not have been tagged, but I kept forgetting about it constantly, haha. (Also I love your blog layout.) Choosing my favorite chocolate is hard since I like all forms of chocolate (not too much of the white chocolate though). I did hear about a new chocolate though…?

Thanks for stopping by Novelistic Narration!

• Rissi September 22, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I wasn't tagged, Hannah, but it was still way fun to put together. Hope you enjoy putting it together if/when you do. :)

If I HAD to say a favorite chocolate (I'm not a chocoholic), mine would be peanut butter M&Ms. They're my favorite. I like white chocolate for some variety.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that – and my pleasure. Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

• Hamlette September 13, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I'm pretty sure I did this tag a while back. Now you have me hungry for some chocolate! And I'd never heard of Debra White Smith before, but I'm off to see if the library has any of her books, as you make them sound good!

• Rissi September 22, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Right?? It made me want a chocolate chip cookie – but I didn't have one. :D

Her books are so fun! I love her Austen re-telling series. Make sure to let me know if/when you read any, Rachel.

Glad you stopped by.

• Hamlette September 23, 2017 at 12:23 am

I suggested to my library that they get some of her books, so we'll see if that happens. If not, well, used books on Amazon are my friend!

• Rissi September 23, 2017 at 2:37 am

Used Amazon books are my friend too. I will admit I buy new more often than I should, but so long as I find a decent price couple with that "like new" or "very good" status, I'm good. :)

Either way, I hope if you have a chance to read them, you enjoy!

• Debra E. Marvin September 14, 2017 at 12:36 pm

The new covers for Debra White Smith's books are so very similar to Katherine Reay's that I thought it was a new one from her. That's an interesting choice of the marketing team.
    As for my tastes, I like to alternate from dark to white. A steady diet of dark intense stories isn't good for one's digestion. :)

• Rissi September 22, 2017 at 8:21 pm

They sure are! And I'll confess, I love that. They're all about the contemporary, current trends of design while still keeping true to the stories. Like you, I agree. It is an interesting choice – you wonder about some of the BTS stuff about designs, etc.

I like white chocolate now and again too. It's good, but my I prefer milk chocolate over dark. Unless it's like an "Intense Orange Bar" or something. In that case, I'm all for dark chocolate! :)

Glad you stopped by, Debra.

• Carla N September 15, 2017 at 10:18 pm

What a fun tag!! Now I'm craving some chocolate :P
    I need to read Geek Girl, so many people seem to love it so.

Lipstick and Mocha

• Rissi September 22, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Right??? Me too, Carla. :)

Geek Girl is so darn cute. Hope if/when you have the chance to read it, you enjoy. Thanks so much for visiting!

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense September 19, 2017 at 3:41 am

I have a big sweet tooth, but it's totally genetic so it's not my fault! Geek Girl looks like such a fun read. Kasie West is definitely one of my go-to authors for light reading.

• Rissi September 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm

I'd agree, Alicia; when it comes to our genetic DNA, we can't help it! ;)

Geek Girl is so cute, and of course, I second your Kasie West feeling. Her books are adorable – in fact that's what her name should be next to in the dictionary! They're fantastic, light-hearted and lovely reads.