Hello, hello! Instead of a review or a rambling topical post (which I’d had planned originally for today), I’ve decided to answer the
“tag” questions from the kind Analiese who tagged me earlier this week! Thanks so much, Analiese – that was terribly kind of you! So below you’ll find the answers to this “11 Things” meme.
11 Things: the May Edition
1. If you were an actress, would you most like to portray Elizabeth Bennet, Marguerite Blakeney, Molly Gibson, or Emma Woodhouse? (Consider whose character yours matches, too.)
If considering strictly by whom I am most like, I’d have to go with Molly Gibson. I am a bookish sort like Elizabeth but am not nearly as outspoken; I don’t crave the stage as Marguerite does nor am I a “meddler” like Emma. Giving it further thought, I don’t like all of the same things as Molly either (the interest in Roger’s work – bugs and things are my thing) but then again, I do tend to keep my feelings more to myself.
2. Your style is…1)comfortable and casual 2)feminine 3)purely your own 4)elegant
Hmm… not sure. Maybe a combination of them all…? I like “casual” but am always “dressing it up” whether it be with jewelry or shoes since I rarely have opportunity to attend formal events I enjoy getting “dressed up” any chance I go out – even if it is
just for a shopping trip.
3. a. Coffee or tea? b. White, milk, or dark chocolate?
First question, tea! Second… either white or milk chocolate – dark may be “healthier” for you, which doesn’t mean I like its flavors.
4. Which period drama have you watched most recently, and what did you think of it?
For a series, it was Call the Midwife (adore it!) S2. If you constitute “period drama” as a movie in the proper sense, it’d be
Great Expectations (2012) starring Jeremy Irvine. It was wonderful (it’s grown on me steadily), typical, darkly Dickens albeit I am still debating if I liked it as well as its counterpart, BBC’s recent re-make.
5. You’re going to a semi-formal event – would you be most likely to wear sandals, heels, or dress boots?
Heels! Love my high heels – and rarely get opportunity to wear them so I probably pull them out for even impractical events.11 Things: the May Edition #FWarchives Click To Tweet
6. Use three words to describe your personality.
Quiet, modest, easy-to-please
7. How many of Jane Austen’s books have you read?
As pathetic as this may sound to most of you, I have to come clean, I’ve only read one. *hangs head*
8. Favorite clothing item in your closet is…
Ooooh, how does one answer this question!? (Do I have to pick ONE!?) Probably my button-down shirts; never used to
like the style, now I find it comfortable and practical.
9. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would go (and what would you want to see while there)?
I’ll dream big. Top choice would be England, although I don’t have a specific reason other than being charmed by it (hello, costume drama fanatic here!) Second, Paris and well, that should be obvious – the Eiffel Tower.
10. Do you prefer Arwen or Eowyn (Lord of the Rings)? I know that’s hard!
Cannot say – Lord of the Rings is not “my thing” nor is the middle earth era in general.
11. Which movie ending is your favorite?
Is this a trick question? How on earth could I possibly pick one. Okay, here are a few (and forgive them tending to be “chick flicks,” I was doing this late at night, and yeah… my brain might not have been working)
– Sherlock: Season Two (technically, this isn’t a movie but… I couldn’t help it; what a shocker! Fortunately, it isn’t over. Yet!)
What about all of you? Do you have a favorite movie ending? Likely I have many more… this was what I had at the time. Anyone who wants to join in, please do!
Like always I have no eleven questions of my own to post at this time. I went through a period of time when I did a lot of these tags (following them to a T) and so now, I think I am out of new ideas. Nonetheless, I always have a blast answering whatever questions are posed (thanks again, Analiese – loved this!) and hope no one minds that I am “breaking the rules” a bit.
Come Tuesday, they’ll be some new posts up around here – what it will be is a mystery. Should it be a review or another ranting topical post? Hmm… such a dilemma. Also, I’ll announce the giveaway winner later today. Until then… happy Friday everyone – and Memorial Day weekend! Oh, my word, we get at long weekend! At my house, this means nights spent staying up past my midnight bedtime (what can I say? I’m a bookaholic which should logically explain that hour *grin*), marathon-ing television
shows I fangirl over, church on Sunday, family and a cookout. Sounds like a lovely plan to me.
How about you? Any exciting plans?
Happy weekend! ❤