10 OF THE AUTHORS THAT OWN SHELF SPACE BUT I HAVEN’T READ. CHATTING AUTHORS I OWN BUT STILL HAVEN"T READ - GASP! TEXT © RISSI JC

10 OF THE AUTHORS THAT OWN SHELF SPACE BUT I HAVEN’T READ

April 11, 2022 18 Comments

When it comes to authors, I have my favorites and somehow, even back when I was reading a lot (for me), I always made time for their new novels. This meant that while I was extremely excited for new books that sounded fun by new authors, I didn’t read them. Some of the time anyway. Some of these authors still own real estate on my shelf, there are still some I haven’t read. This is why today we dedicate space to ten authors I still haven’t read. But really want to!

LIST | 13 POPULAR ‘CSI’ CHRACTERS: MY LEAST TO MOST FAVORITE

Among these ten authors, all have varying space on my shelves still – even with my itchy unhaul fingers! Let’s meet these authors and discover what books we have from them.

TEN AUTHORS I STILL HAVEN’T READ

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

Books: The Naturals; Little White Lies; The Inheritance Games

I’ve wanted to read some of Jennifer’s books for a long time now! Just need to buckle down and actually read them. How about you? Have you read her books? Amazon

2: ROBYN CARR

Books: Virgin River

I really liked seasons one and two of Virgin River (haven’t watched the latest yet) so I picked up the book. But since I’ve seen the series, question now is, would I actually read the book? Amazon | Goodreads

3: KATHERINE CENTER

Books: Things you Save in a Fire

I’ve not read a book by Center, but I picked one up after seeing it on a Top Ten list, and thinking it sounded good. Plus I think her books get decent Goodreads ratings! Amazon | Goodreads

10 OF THE AUTHORS THAT OWN SHELF SPACE BUT I HAVEN’T READ #AUTHORS #BOOKSIOWN #BOOKS #READING #READER #READERS #AMREADING #VIRGINRIVER #SARAHDESSEN Click To Tweet
4: SARAH DESSEN

Books: What Happened to Goodbye; Along for the Ride

Reading a novel by Dessen is something I plan to imminently remedy. I had her books on my shelf for years only to finally unhaul them. Then, while I swear I did have Along for the Ride, I couldn’t find it anywhere, so I bought a copy hopeful I’ll read it prior to the May 6 film adaptation! Amazon

5: MELISSA FERGUSON

Books: Meet Me in the Margins; The Cul-de-Sac War

I intended to read Melissa’s books WAY back when, and didn’t get the chance. Their promotion and “look” is very cute and fun rom-com, but a reader friend was just saying (even based on what the authors says about her books), they fall more into women’s fiction. Definitely not what I’d expect. Amazon

6: EMIKO JEAN

Books: Tokyo Ever After

This book sounds like such fun! Also, this one has been likened to Princess Diaries, so I’m CURIOUS! Amazon | Goodreads

7: MARISSA MEYER

Books: the Lunar Chronicles; Instant Karma

Finally am unhauling the Lunar Chronicles because, well, I just cannot keep these books I don’t think I’ll read. It’s not that I think I’ll not like them, but rather that I cannot keep books I’m just not read and maybe someone else will be able to enjoy them. But I do still own Instant Karma. Amazon

8: JANDY NELSON

Books: The Sky is Everywhere

I picked this book up thinking I’d read it because of the adaptation. Now I doubt I’ll read it (mistake buy) because I’m not buying another streaming service and secondly, I actually don’t think I’d like the story. Have you read this one? Amazon | Goodreads

9: TAYLOR JENKINS REID

Books: One True Loves

So many love Taylor’s books, most especially books like Daisy Jones and the Six or The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Neither are books I’ve picked up, but I do own One True Loves, and as it’s being adapted, I will try to make a goal to read it. Amazon | Goodreads

10: CHRISTINE RICCIO

Books: Again, But Better

Love or hate her books, Christine is a popular author because of her large Youtube following. I own her debut novel and have as yet to read it. Thankfully I’ve made sure NOT to buy her second book yet since I don’t know if I like her style or the type of book she writes (something I REALLY want to be better at). Did you read it? Amazon | Goodreads

Your turn! Did you read any of these? Which ones have you read and liked? Which ones would you read? Do any sound like authors you’d enjoy? Comment all the comments below! Let’s chat.

PINTERST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting; please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl April 12: Authors I Still Haven’t Read

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks April 11, 2022 at 11:37 PM

Jandy Nelson. YES! I was just thinking of her wonderful book I’ll Give You the Sun. Wonderful.

• Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:02 PM

Glad to know you like Jandy’s books! I know SO many people do. I haven’t read anything by her but who knows. Maybe someday. :)

• Mareli Thalwitzer April 12, 2022 at 1:00 AM

Robyn Carr and Sarah Dressen are authors I also still want to try it some or other time. I’ve read Daisy Jones andt the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid and have a few other ones of her on my shelf. Just waiting for enough time to get to everything!

Happy TTT!

Mareli Thalwitzer recently posted: A Dozen Authors We Still Want to Lay an Egg On
    • Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:03 PM

So true, Mareli! I have lots of authors that would fall into this category. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t enjoy their books, just don’t want to take the time especially when I know so many other authors who don’t let me down. Gotta’ maximize and prioritize that reading time. :)

• Claire @ Wordy Witterings April 12, 2022 at 3:35 AM

I thoroughly recommend Taylor Jenkins Reid – I’d start with Daisy Jones and the Six.
    My TTT post is here: https://wp.me/pbWIBM-oS

• Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:05 PM

YAY! Good to know. Thank you, Claire. :)

• Lydia April 12, 2022 at 6:44 AM

I’m also curious about Tokyo Ever After.

• Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:13 PM

It just looks really fun! :)

• Cindy Davis April 12, 2022 at 1:30 PM

I have also watched the first few seasons of Virgin River and have thought about reading the books, but wonder which will be better, and is it worth my time? I agree with your friend on the two Ferguson books, more women’s fiction than rom-com, I was a bit disappointed in them for that reason. However, her book The Dating Charade was fabulous and a rom-com, which is why I read the two listed here.

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Authors I Want to Read
    • Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:27 PM

Good to hear your perspective on Melissa’s books, Cindy. It was surprising to see her say that becuase, gosh, these sure are marketed as rom-com (like) from my viewpoint. Still I’m curious to read them and LOVE that The Dating Charade is a good rom-com. I’m here for the sounds of that. :) I feel the same as you about Virgin River. Just not sure if I want to take the time to read them or not. We’ll see! Glad you made time to stop in. Thanks.

• Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) April 12, 2022 at 2:17 PM

I read Carr years ago and enjoyed her Virgin River series. I wasn’t as big a fan of her Thunder Road. Katherine Center is now an author whose books I will read with every release. So good! Same for TJR.

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Haven’t Read but Want To
    • Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:29 PM

All good to know, Deanna – thanks! Always appreciate hearing your perspective on books and their authors, and good to “see” you again. :) Also… I think some of your lists may have been where I first heard about Katherine’s books. :)

• Jo April 12, 2022 at 4:34 PM

I’ve had Jennifer Lynn Barnes’ The Fixer for ages and I still haven’t read it yet, I really need to at some point. I started the Lunar Chronicles but haven’t finished it and to be honest, I’m not sure if I will.

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #363
    • Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:32 PM

I’ve struggled with not wanting to finish a series before, Jo, too. Now I’ve sold my Lunar books so at this point, it’s more likely I won’t read them. ;) We’ll see if I get to Jennifer’s! Thanks for visiting, as always.

• Angela April 13, 2022 at 9:56 AM

Love Love Love Taylor Jenkins Reid! I just recently reread One True Loves and enjoyed it even more than the first time!

• Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:33 PM

BEST COMMENT! :) Love hearing things like this.

• Chanel M. April 18, 2022 at 5:35 PM

I’ve read and enjoyed both of those books by Sarah Dessen, but my favorite by her is The Truth about Forever. Still, I’m excited for the Netflix premiere of Along for the Ride in May. Also, Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson is on my TBR too. I haven’t read anything by this author yet, so I think it will be a fun introduction to her writing.

• Rissi JC April 21, 2022 at 2:42 PM

Cool! Hope we both enjoy Melissa’s book, Chanel. They sure look fun! :) Also, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Sarah’s books! I think lots of readers enjoy her novels, and despite being a contemporary fiction addict, I haven’t read them. Hoping the Netflix adaptation will prompt me to remedy this. Thanks for taking time to stop by, as always. :)