Little Letters: Sixth Edition 2013

February 12, 2013 13 Comments

Little Letters is a random feature of “letters” to people or things that make us laugh or we appreciate.

Little Letters: Sixth Edition 2013

Here is another edition of Little Letters. Just because it’s fun.

Dear Book, you were hilarious. Thank you for making my evenings so fun.

Dear Black Maxi Dress, how come I’ve not paid attention to you until spotting you on a certain dress companies web page? Really, it’s a travesty ‘cause now I sorta love the notion of having a basic black dress in my closet. Where have I been?

Dear Chick Flicks, in retrospect I suppose that there are more of you than should be on the movie shelf and yet each time one of your genre is put into the player, again I am reminded how much and why I like you so well. Whether you are about a closest
bursting full of ridiculous dresses or a love letter fifty years hidden, I suspect it’s a love affair that is not soon to end.

Little Letters: Sixth Edition 2013. Writing some random "letters" to people and things. Just because. All text is © Rissi JC
Little Letters: Sixth Edition 2013 #FWarchives Click To Tweet

Dear Edith, my dear, you won’t like this yet it must be said! I realize you basically detest your sister, Mary for her snarky, under-handed comments and editorial of your life but seriously, in the instance of your involvement with that Gregson fellow, she has the dude pegged! He may be a decent sort (I suspect not totally) but if he really loves you, he would be long gone. Get the clues!

Dear Ella G., sending you the happiest of birthday wishes! I cannot wait to hear all about your birthday gift that involves a certain favorite country artist. *smile*

Dear Julian Fellowes, now I am over my latest rant aimed at you, I can actually be logical. Is it possible to detest (yet admire it from a dramatic POV) a script while being curious about what could come from that? Methinks it is. Thank you for three years of small-screen bliss.

Dear Kaylee S., how I missed sending you wishes on your “sweet 16,” I’ll never know. Have a spectacular day – you are one special girl.

Dear Life, it’s not really fair the flack you take. It may not be a fairy-tale but you’ve been good to me. Sorry for the whining.

Dear Nicholas Sparks, I realize I’ve made fun of your stories in the past. A lot. Now, for some reason I am rather fond of them. I know the plots may all be similar but they always hold my interest making me care about the characters and that, to me is worth a lot.

Dear Oneshot, though always challenging, you weren’t half as much trouble as ascribed. Thinking like Zoe (still not sure I mastered that yet she and I share more quirks than I care to admit), 1,045 words later (that’s really not many) and all that’s left is the “polish.” Hooray for another deadline met and surpassed. Or is this a counting-chickens-before-they-hatch scenario?

Dear Readers, so, here’s my ‘letter’ to you all. Really it’s more of a question to pose because I do trust you all with it. It has been ages since I wrote anything other than a review or a “meme” posting, what would you like to see around here? Is there a topic you want addressed? Or is there something you think I should address? Please, any feedback on the content of this blog would be most welcome. I aim to please. *smile*

Dear Red Coat, since I wasn’t fond of the silver buttons you boasted on an otherwise cute peacoat, the much more appropriate
black buttons that I picked to replace them are sitting in a drawer. This is not cool I realize considering that cold coat-wearing weather is nearing its close. There is always next year, I suppose.

Dear Room, I’ve lived in you for twenty-plus years and for a while, it felt like I was moving out. Never have you looked so bare or empty as you did while I was tearing everything off the walls in preparation for the painting job. I want you to know that now you are being slowly put back to rights, I approve of the new look. Now if only I didn’t see possibilities to decorate around each corner!

Want to link up? Stop by anytime with your links – I’ll be looking for them.

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com February 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I always love these posts. They're a cute inside look at what's going on.

• Rissi February 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Thanks, Juju! I appreciate you reading them – and they are such fun! Plus they go up easy, that's the best part. :)

• Ella February 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Chick flicks are so fun!!!
    Redecorating can be excting.What paint color did you choose?
    I hope you have a great day!!!!

• Rissi February 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Aren't they though!? I have way too many favorites. :)

Changing up my room has been lots of work but also way too much fun. My walls are painted a beautiful color of gray and the trim/ceiling is white. It sounds a bit dreary but the end result is actually gorgeous. In my opinion. :) Now I am accenting with décor in shades of purples; my aunt gave me a couple of lovely throw pillows that should add a nice pop of color. :)

You too, Ella! Wishing you a happy week. :)

• his little lady February 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Definitely love the Nicholas Sparks books turned into movies and all of their romantic cheesiness ;)
    xo TJ

• Rissi February 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Too true, TJ. That is what I love about Sparks movies. :) Can I help it if I like sappy romantics? No, I think not. LOL! :D

• Ella February 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM

You are WAY TOO SWEET dear friend!!! <3 <3 <3 Thank you for the birthday wishes <3 And trust me, you'll hear all about the Carrie Underwood concert ;-)

• Rissi February 13, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Oh, good! Cannot wait to hear all about it. :)

Happy birthday, friend! Hope it's a special one.

• Kara February 16, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I love this idea! I think I'll have to try it myself, since it seemed like you invited others to do so. I hope I'm right on that?

I don't think my affair with chick flicks (or period drama!) is going to end anytime soon either. :)

• Kara February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Okay, never mind my question. Just figured it out. :)

• Rissi February 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This is a fun idea, Kara – plus it goes up really quickly which is an advantage. :)

LOL! I know what you mean! Costume drama and chick flicks make for some of the best entertainment. The former is gorgeous and many times "challenging," the latter is just fun.

Cool! I'd love for you to link up. Anytime. :)

• Lianne February 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Great letters! I'm still behind with Downton Abbey (I like to marathon the show and sadly I just haven't managed to plant myself in front of the TV and just watch it yet–though I did watch the s3 premiere <3).

Yay for your room, I always get a sense of satisfaction when things are moved around the way I want it to =)

• Rissi February 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Thanks for reading, Lianne. :)

You'll have to share what you think of 'Downton' once you get a chance to indulge in that marathon. That sounds like fun! :)

I know, right?! It can be hard work to re-arrange/change things but there is a wonderful sense of accomplishment. That is the reward. :)

So happy you linked-up, Lianne! As always, it's appreciated. :)