Little Letters, Edition 13 2014

March 27, 2014 20 Comments

Little Letters is a random feature of “letters” to people or things that make us laugh or we appreciate.

Little Letters, Edition 13 2014

Dear 24, cannot wait. Hashtag #JackIsBack

Dear ABC Australia, what gives?

Dear A&E Network, please, be kind. Give fans closure for The Glades. It doesn’t have to be an entire long season, but we deserve something better than what you leave us with. Please.

Dear Books, I like you. I love you. I want more of you. Only please don’t bury me.

Dear Dancing with the Stars, you’re back with more drama than ever. Bring. It. On.

Dear Emma Approved, you’re growing on me. Mainly because of Knightley taking charge a few episodes back – that’s right, Alex! Show Emma who is boss.

Little Letters, Edition 13 2014 #FWarchives Click To Tweet
Little Letters: Edition 13 2014. Writing some random "letters" to people and things. Just because. All text is © Rissi JC

Dear Friday, less than 24 hours and you’ll be here! You’ve been missed.

Dear Jon, in case you didn’t get what we were telling you: you can’t leave!

Dear Lady Mary, have you made your choice or is this just a rumor?

RELATED | LITTLE LETTERS, EDITION ONE 2021: PEOPLE, PLACES AND POP CULTURE

Dear Politics, say what?

Dear Readers, I cannot seem to let this meme go without writing a note to you all because it’s YOU who keeps this blog going and such a fun place to hang out. Thank you for all the enthusiasm and support you show – and to all of you recent followers, you’re very welcome here!

Dear Reviews, you still haven’t mastered the art of writing yourself? what gives?

Dear Target, as if I didn’t like you enough. Minion T-shirt love? Yes, please.

Dear USPS, thank you for delivering sensational packages this week. same thing next week, then…

Dear Self, would you please get your emails, cards and letters written? stop procrastinating.

Dear Veronica Mars, thanks for the memories and for being such a sassy female protagonist.

Dear When Calls the Heart, thanks for being a sweet, wholesome family series. You’re welcome to return next year.

Dear X-Men, please be awesome.

(I cannot for the life of me get a link widget to work so while I’d love to offer the usual widget in the bottom of this entry, it didn’t happen this go round.) If you’d like to join in, as always, feel free, Friends!

Happy Thursday.

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com March 27, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Ooooooooooo I can't wait to try Emma Approved. I've been meaning to for like ages now. :)

Adorable list of letters as usual

• Rissi March 28, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Emma Approved is definitely growing on me, Juju (still love LBD best) – and I couldn't help but adore this scene with Emma and Knightley. It was awesome. Happy watching – and thank you for visiting! :)

• Livia Rachelle March 27, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Oh, we have some Minion shirts in this family . . . although I don't know if they are from Target or not.

• Rissi March 28, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I'm sure there are other retailer's who sell them, too, Livia, I just hadn't seen them before them… and of course, I had to buy it. ;)

• Missie March 28, 2014 at 12:19 am

I need to check out the minion shirts at Target!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

• Rissi March 28, 2014 at 5:29 pm

They are awesome, Missie! :)

• Ganise C. March 28, 2014 at 12:53 am

Yes! You go, Rissi.

Yes to books — you won't be buried, friend. Otherwise, we all go down too. You're not alone in this!

Politics… just the very sound of that word…

Friday — ahhh…

Self — you can do it! I've declared war against Procrastination.

Lovely letters as always.

• Rissi March 28, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Hiya, Ganise! So lovely to "see" you over here. Already miss you on Twitter though I completely understand you giving it up. :)

I sure hope so! I sort of feel like I am buried under them just now – they're everywhere on my floor – but I'm happy knowing I'm not alone. I swear one of these days I WILL get a grip on better book management. That's a promise I've made myself and I know I can accomplish it as I was in a good place at one time. Just need to find that balance again.

*Shudder* Politics, I agree.

Love Fridays.

I did get to most of my snail mail/email communication. So happy!

Thanks – as always – for reading! :)

• Melissa Tagg March 28, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I'm a day late but yay for little letters! Your letter to Emma Approved reminded me that I want to watch that sometime. I watched the first episode or two, but then decided I'd wait and binge-watch it later on when there were more eps to watch at once. Haha!

• Rissi March 28, 2014 at 5:52 pm

That's an excellent idea, Melissa. That's exactly what I did with LBD and it was such fun! I'd watch a block of 5-10 episodes when I'd sit down and it all came together so well. Still really partial to LBD but… well, Emma is growing on me. And a HUGE part of that was Knightley (literally) restraining Emma from ruining poor Harriet's cute meeting with Martin. :)

• Hannah Barta March 28, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I love Emma Approved! Alex is definitely the best character on there :) Thanks for introducing me to the show, Rissi!

• Rissi March 29, 2014 at 3:07 am

Alex IS awesome. But then he almost has to be following the footsteps of Northam, Strong and Miller. Just saying. ;)

Glad the recommendation turned out to be a good one, Hannah! There is always "risk" to recommending and it's a relief to know it works out.

• Tressa S March 29, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I would LOVE a minion t too! :) This post is so fun and for some reason I always miss it to post with you. I'm going to put it on my calendar. Is it every Thursday?

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

• Rissi March 29, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I saw that t-shirt and couldn't resist – in fact, I tried to post a pic via Target but couldn't find it on-line. :/ Must be just an in-store thing. Either way, they're awesome!

I'd love to be more regular with these posts but for whatever reason, I'm always SO random about when I post "Little Letters." Though its fun for anyone to join in anytime – just wish I could get the link-up widget working. Ugh. Technology. Cant live with it, can't live without it. ;)

• Tressa S April 5, 2014 at 6:50 am

I will have to look around.

So true! :)

• Rissi April 7, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Hope you can find it! Who doesn't love Minions, right?! ;)

• Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net April 1, 2014 at 2:58 am

Love the photo you used with this post! Haha, I totally know what you mean with the books: love them all, but now I'm wading a bit with my to-read pile xP

Minion shirts! Ahh, I'd love to pick one up for myself xD *makes a note to go search for some one of these days*

Hope you had a lovely weekend! It's been a while but here's my Little Letters :)

• Rissi April 1, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Thanks, Lianne – not sure where I found it but my guess would be a random Google search. ;) You are not alone – I've got more books than I can handle and… I love it. So. Much. Fun.

I know! I saw that Minion shirt and just *had* to have it. Too bad I couldn't find it on-line to link to. Boo!

You too, Lianne – hope you're doing well. Off to read your letters. :)

• Birdie April 1, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Alex is the best part of Emma Approved, but I love the 'show' in general almost as much as LBD by now!

• Rissi April 1, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Agreed. He IS awesome, Birdie and he's had a lot to live up too. Good for him. Glad you're liking the show as much as LBD, it has certainly grown on me. :)