Fight Like A YA Girl Tag 2017

July 26, 2017 10 Comments

Hello, my fellow book loving friends. I’m glad you’ve stopped by today whether you’re a new reader or a devoted one, I appreciate it.

Instead of the usual book review or other ramble, today I’m finally (finally!) getting around to publishing a tag that the kind Flavia
tagged me with – thank you. Remembering when she did is a little embarrassing since I believe it was over a month ago. (My apologies, Flavia.) But here we go. Today is all about fulfilling this fun tag because if there’s one thing I enjoy over here on Finding Wonderland, it’s putting together tags.

Fight Like A YA Girl Tag 2017 #FWarchives Click To Tweet
Fight Like A YA Girl Tag 2017. Joining in on some of the questions with this fun tag because it's always fun to feature fierce characters. Text © Rissi JC

This one is especially fun because it gives bloggers a chance to spotlight some fierce YA girls (and yes, I am breaking the rules and talking about some characters who are not from YA books). So, while some of these are kind of half-hearted (Because I simply couldn’t think of MORE characters), I still had tons of fun with this tag – and just so you know, there are more tags coming because fun. Below are my answers to some of the tag questions.

The Rules: 1. Thank the person who tagged you 2. Mention the creator Krysti at YA and Wine 3. Match at least one YA girl with each of the themes below. 4. Tag as many people as you like!* (*You’re all tagged, so if you join in, please come back and
leave your blog link.)

Without further ado, Finding Wonderland presents.

➤➤➤Fight Like a YA Girl Book Tag 2017

WARRIOR GIRLS

Who is better suited to this title than Nym from Storm Siren or if you want a film, Gretel from Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

GIRLS WHO FIGHT WITH THEIR HEART

The first character who comes to mind is Henrietta “Nettie” Howel. I don’t remember everything about her because it’s been to long since I read this novel, but Nettie seems to fit this label really well. I also feel like Samantha Donaldson from Terri Brown’s Velvet Undercover is a good fit.

GIRLS WHO ARE TRAINED FIGHTERS

Um, aside from Katniss Everdeen, who else is a trained fight in YA lit?? *wonders* *looks* *thinks some more* Oh, there’s also Tris from Divergent.

STRONG GIRLS OF COLOR

Maddie Whittier (Everything, Everything) is a fabulous character, and I love how she takes control of her life.

GIRLS WHO DON’T CONFORM TO GENDER ROLES

The only character who comes to mind is Gwen from the Disney film, Princess of Thieves.

GIRLS WITH KICK-BUTT MAGICAL POWERS

Ooo, this is a fun question! To be honest, no one from a book come to mind (is this a good or bad thing?). However from TV, I
thought of Dorothy from Emerald City.

STRONG GIRLS IN CONTEMPORARY NOVELS

Tess Eckhart (The Gifting), and also Nora Bradford from True to You or Sam from The Whys Have It. None of these ladies are anywhere near the “normal” kind of strong this prompt is thinking of when asking this question, but there is more than one kind of strength.

SERIOUSLY FIERCE GIRLS

Um, the list is probably endless, right? Sadly, I couldn’t think of a whole list, but those I did are sure fierce.

Lizzy Bennet! (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) Gretel! Sofi Snow! (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow) Tris Prior! (Divergent) Diana Prince!

MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK WITH A STRONG LEADING LADY

Nova from Marissa Meyer’s Renegades. I mean I haven’t even read any of Marissa’s books, and even still, this book sounds and looks fierce!

That’s a wrap on today’s Fight like a YA Girl tag 2017. Hope you enjoyed it. If you’d like to join the fun (or if you have), make sure to leave your post or booktube links down in the comments. I’d love to come by and visit your spin on this tag.

What are some of your favorite fierce ladies? Let’s chat below.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Erica Hatch July 27, 2017 at 1:09 AM

What a lovely post!!! All wonderful picks. I also cannot wait to read Renegades!

• Rissi July 31, 2017 at 6:24 PM

Neither can I, Erica! I recently read MORE about this one, and cannot wait. It sounds SO good. :)

• Lauren Stoolfire July 27, 2017 at 4:16 AM

Nice choices! I'm really looking forward to Renegades. :)

• Rissi July 31, 2017 at 6:27 PM

ME TOO, Lauren. It sounds SOOOO good. :)

• Megan Scott July 27, 2017 at 1:34 PM

I like your post and video! I like Annyn from "The unveiling" by Tamara Leigh. I also like Joan of Arc (I've read lots of stories about her). I agree that you had some great picks!

• Rissi July 31, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Thanks, Megan. Appreciate you watching and reading. :)

I've not read any of Tamara's books (that I can remember) nor did I ever see Joan of Arc (or read a book on her!). But from what I do know, she was quite a powerful lady. :)

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight July 29, 2017 at 2:42 AM

Oooh this is so fun! Katniss for SURE. And Tris is another good one. And Maddie, that was a good choice. I am definitely going to want to do this at some point, I was thinking of them as I read, love it!!

• Rissi July 31, 2017 at 6:30 PM

YAY! Hope you do Shannon – I'd love to read your post on it. :) Yeah, I *had* to chose Katniss (for more than one) because well, she fits this tag… like a glove. ;)

Thanks, as always, for visiting.

• Bekah M. August 2, 2017 at 5:37 AM

Dorothy! Tris Prior! Nora Bradford! Tess Eckhart! Maddie Whittier!! You mentioned so many amazing heroines! Love this tag so much, might just have to participate once I get my back to blogging this month. I still have tags half finished in my drafts, though. *facepalm* I'm such a bad blogger!! Anyways, heading to your booktube now. :)

• Rissi August 17, 2017 at 2:16 AM

(AND AGAIN I'VE MISSED ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN??)

Aren't they all fabulous? There's so many more. And I've love to see you join this tag! If you do, let me know as I'd (of course) love to see your spin on it. Thanks, as always, for visiting here and the booktube channel. :)