Movie News: ‘Into the Woods’ Trailer

August 1, 2014 28 Comments

Morning – and happy August first! I ran across this trailer last night and *had* to share the gushing with you all. This movie looks imaginative and like it’ll be a lot of fun. Plus I do enjoy Disney’s recent re-makes (or adaptations if you like) and new “classics” of lovely fairytales. Because of this, it’s exciting to see this new movie mash up various different fairytales al-la Once Upon a Time. into the woods trailer

Based off a Broadway show, this film, Into the Woods (which arrives this Christmas) stars Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Johnny Depp, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and many more! Below is a brief synopsis for the film, then have a look at some photos and the trailer.

Into the Woods is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales in a musical format that follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel-all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.

Movie News: ‘Into the Woods’ Trailer #FWarchives Click To Tweet
Movie News: ‘Into the Woods’ Trailer. Chatting about the news and trailer of Into the Woods. What's your takeaway? All text is © Rissi JC

What do you think? Yes, no, maybe… I’d love to get your reaction on this Into the Woods trailer. I am pretty sure this one will be a must see in theaters!

• Leah August 1, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I am so unbelievably excited for this! I saw the trailer last night and then proceeded to watch it five more times!!! Nothing like a little disney magic to turn my cynical heart into mush!

• Rissi August 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Ditto! I'm just… thrilled to pieces to see this, Leah and even if I don't get to anything else this fall, I'm pretty sure this will be my Christmas theater outing… the cast! The imagination! The awesomeness! It's all present and accounted for – in this one trailer, too. ;)

• Bekah M. August 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I JUST saw this trailer last night when I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the theaters and I am soooo excited! I thought the same thing, it does look quite similar to OUAT. And yes yes yes to Chris Pine and Meryl Streep!! Lol I can't wait. Love this post, Rissi! :)

• Rissi August 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM

*High Five*

This one looks like a blast, and yes times a million to this cast! Oh, my, goodness! Chris Pine doesn't hurt anything (*wink*) and Meryl Streep is a class act, which means she'll get this role to perfection – or as close as there is. :)

On another note, did you like Guardians of the Galaxy? I thought the humor looked sillier than the usual superhero fare, but I'm such a superhero junkie, I'll probably rent the DVD. ;)

• Bekah M. August 4, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Well said! :) There are definitely some of my favorite actors in this one…so excited!

Exactly, it was much sillier than the usual. There were some people in the theaters literally belly-laughing but I thought it was mainly "dumb" humor (AKA guy jokes hahaha). It did have a couple cleverly funny parts that made the movie overall entertaining, but it definitely wasn't my favorite in terms of superhero movies. Still enjoyed it though…probably just because it was a Marvel movie and I like Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana lol. ;)

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM

A good cast can make anything worth watching… or almost anything, which is why even if this doesn't live up to its teasers, I think I'll get enjoyment from this because of the talent involved. :)

That was my impression from the trailer. I'll rent the DVD (I did giggle in some of the promo spots, so there is that ;D) and will reserve my superhero box office trip for the Avengers sequel. :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• Ella August 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM

WOW! Just Wow!
    Can't wait to watch this!
    Thanks for sharing the trailer:)

• Rissi August 1, 2014 at 8:42 PM

That was my reaction, too, Ella. Maybe it was because there's been nothing of late to tempt me to head out to the box office or maybe it's the allure of the cast, but whatever… WOW! :)

• Kristin August 1, 2014 at 7:37 PM

It looks pretty good, though I really don't know what the story is about. But I'll see anything Disney + fairy tales. :)

• Rissi August 1, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Same here, Kristin! This was originally a Broadway show from what I understand and since Disney has the rights to it much like they did for Enchanted, they've made it more family friendly compared to the original material which is awesome. :)

Oh, you've made an excellent point; I should add in a synopsis and will be doing that now – thanks for pointing that out. :)

• Rebeka B. August 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM

This looks AMAZING. Loved the music, the costumes…. and how Disney isn't giving the plot away in the trailer! Will definitely be seeing it in theatres–it will be a final trip to the theatre with my family before going to England. :)

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

You are spot on, Rebeka. I'm so curious about this movie in the best sense of the word and will definitely be heading out to the theater to catch it, because, yep, it looks SO worth it. :)

• Jillian August 1, 2014 at 9:19 PM

No way!! I LOVE Into the Woods! I actually saw a local theater production of it a couple years ago and have been obsessed with the songs ever since. This looks like it'll be an amazing film adaption, plus look at that incredible cast! Wow I cannot wait. Thanks for sharing, Rissi!

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Ooo! That's awesome, Jillian; I'll be curious to know what you think as a viewer of the theater production vs. the adaptation on film. Hope it'll live up to that hype, because it does indeed look amazing. :)

Right there with you – this is going to be my end-of-the-year theater trip. :)

• SW August 1, 2014 at 9:26 PM

That cast is awesome! The trailer is so imaginative and chock full of fairy tale characters – it's great. :) I definitely want to see this! Thanks for sharing the trailer!

xx

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I agree, SW! It looks great and the overall "look" of the production has TONS of promise; plus, this trailer is just excellent, so mysterious.

Me, too – and thank you for commenting. :)

• Tressa S August 3, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Oh my! This is like my dream movie!!! Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Chris Pine??? I am so there!! Thanks for sharing, Rissi! :D

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Same here, Tressa. It just looks SO good. Bring on December. :)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com August 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I saw the trailer just the other day. Looks GREAT.

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I agree. Cannot wait. :)

• Emma Clifton August 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I'm curious about this movie, but I'm much more excited for Big Hero 6. Eep! Can't wait for that one!

• Rissi August 4, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Fun. It's always cool to have a box office flick to anticipate – especially if you don't go much to the theater as I do. Hope you enjoy your film, Emma! :)

• Charity August 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I'm looking forward to it… and glad that it's being "cleaned up" a bit by Disney. I saw the original musical a decade ago and it made my brows lift a bit; I don't mind darkness, but it got racy.

• Rissi August 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Cool! I hope you enjoy it then, Charity and like you, I agree; I'm so glad it's been cleaned up. From what I read, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if Disney hadn't gotten a hold of the film rights – that's what they did for Enchanted as well. (Funny you commented since I was emailing you earlier and mentioned this movie. :D)

PS; love your new profile pic. You always find the cutest ones. :)

• Birdie August 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM

This looks amazing: imaginative, great cast, I'm looking forward to it!

• Rissi August 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Hi, Birdie! It's great to "see" you on here. It's been far to long since last we chatted. :)

It does indeed, if nothing else, I'll like it just for seeing this awesome cast all together. I mean, it's brilliant! :)

• his little lady August 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I'm still curious to see exactly how these stories will connect, but how can you not see this with that cast. I'm excited :)
    xo TJ

• Rissi August 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM

It could be a challenge to connect everything, though if it's anything like Once Upon a Time, I bet the writers will have some fun with it. :)