You know those moments when you remember something and you immediately feel like slapping yourself in the head with one of those “duh,” my bad kind of expressions? Yep, that awkward feeling has been me this week. Why? Because I remembered that two bloggers awarded/tagged this blog and well, it’s embarrassing to realize I’ve not yet acknowledged that with my thanks over here. The first award is the “Very Inspiring Blog Award” which was given by Charity (thanks, friend!). The second and more recent award is the “Liebster Award.” Shantelle nominated this blog for that one. Thank you, Shantelle. I appreciate you both thinking of this blog. As a result of this, today we celebrate more blogging awards!
Below are my answers to the questions or as the “rules” state for Charity’s award, 7 random facts. Let’s get started.
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank your nominator because they’re awesome
- List 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs for their awesomeness
- Post the rules so people know them
MORE BLOGGING AWARDS AND 7 FACES ABOUT ME (VERY INSPIRING BLOG AWRD)
- 1: I will randomly start singing during the day. Not necessarily loud, sing-in-your-hairbrush kind of singing, just some tune I’m familiar with, quietly to myself as I go about accomplishing various tasks.
- 2: I have a small scar on my right shoulder and my left thumb. I’ve no idea how I got the former, but the latter is thanks to making applesauce.
- 3: I’ve visited Alaska.
- 4: I detest hot weather.
- 5: Currently I am addicted to WWII or post WWII period dramas, putting together gushing book cover posts (or it would seem so) and am reading Hello, I Love You and Married ‘Til Monday. (Oh yeah, and Poldark is pretty swoon-y.)
- 6: I love stir-fry with vegetables (green beans, squash, peppers, onions), noodles or rice and either chicken or steak for meat. Getting excited to make it with all of those summer garden vegetables!
- 7: I’m a little bit OCD about the books on my bookshelf matching by size.
MORE BLOGGING AWARDS: Liebster Questions
- 1: What is the driving passion of your life? Right now… a whole assortment of things. I’ve grown up a lot in these last few years (or I hope I have), changed and wanted to understand and learn important things about life. My family and (right now) my writing is definitely a driving passion in terms of where I am right now. The former because now that I’m older I understand and appreciate life’s simple joys and the people in my life so much more. The latter because it’s currently the “passion” I want to pursue as a serious avenue.
- 2: Can you name a favorite character from a movie you’ve seen recently? Going with a TV series and naming Sidney Chambers from Grantchester. I totally get why all of my blogging friends were gushing over this series as it was airing. Sidney is really an interesting guy; he’s human (flawed) in ways not every leading male character is and whether or not I always respected his decisions, I loved that about him. Plus, James Norton wasn’t half bad playing him.
- 3: What’s one book (or chapter, verse, whatever…) of the Bible that has particularly touched you and why? We’re actually working through the Old Testament in Sunday school and a familiar verse we came upon is as follows.
They who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; […]they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31
This has always been a verse that’s stuck with me. Why I cannot say. It’s just always in my mind. Also, read Rachelle Rea’s book if you want to be impressed by a spiritual message. It’s amazing.
- 4: How tall are you? *smiles* Um, I have no idea. 5’6-ish. Informative, I know.
- 5: What’s one thing a book needs to have in order to make it a favorite for you? Basically, anything contemporary is my go-to read (weird, I know since I adore costume drama). For the “one thing,” I’d say likable, good, human (flawed) characters are a must.
- 6: How did you start and what’s your favorite thing about blogging? I began blogging when one of my prior writing “jobs” was winding down. Basically, I was looking for a new outlet to ramble and fangirl. I have a lot of favorite things about blogging (the writing, the designing), but the best part is the community. I love this blogging community and the friends I’ve made. Chatting with you all is the best. So thank you.
- 7: What’s something exciting that has happened in your life recently? Nothing. But honestly for me, that is exciting. I like the quiet, simple joys kind of life. …unless getting review copies of books I didn’t anticipate receiving would count!? *smile*
- 8: Why do you write (blogs, books, whatever)? Good question. It’s kind of my “happy place.” I love writing, trying to think of new ways to express how I felt or what I liked about something. Blogging let’s me do that and as for books. The notion is to get back into my WIP (which I really like in theory), but that hasn’t happened yet. I guess, it’s where and sometimes how, I say all I “need” to say.
- 9: Can you describe (or find a picture of) a different-era outfit that you’d love to wear? I really like Shabby Apple’s sense of “vintage” inspired clothing if we’re talking 40’s or 50’s era… or anything from Downton Abbey if we’re looking for something earlier in the timeline. Also, the wedding gown in the film, The Making of a Lady? Gorgeous. Unfortunately, there aren’t photos to be found of that film. You’ll just have to watch it.
- 10: Favorite songs? So many. I’ve been listening to ‘Rather Be’ lately and have recently bought Hilary Duff’s new album (haven’t listened to it yet though), I’m also still obsessed with (yes, these many months later), Taylor Swift’s 1989. Why? I don’t know. Something about that music is just amazing… it’s the rare album I haven’t tired of. If you want more of my recent music addictions, have a look at my iPod post.
- 11: Any advice for your fellow Christian bloggers/writers? Keep at it. If you are loving what you’re doing, just enjoy the adventure of blogging and writing. It’s really a unique and rewarding journey that we go on. Most important is to enjoy that. We learn, grow and change; find your voice and niche and run with that.
…and that’s it. Whew. I’m glad I got this one done. As always, I’ll go though my mini-explanation about nominating: I’m not tagging anyone. A.) because I saw a lot of friends tagged with one of these already and B.) when I have tagged bloggers, it’s not their “thing,” so the awards sit unclaimed. That’s totally fine. I have no issue with that. It’s just I don’t feel it necessary to take the time to put a nominee list together if no one is really interested.
That doesn’t mean I don’t think my blogging buddies aren’t worth being tagged nominated – you are! If you want to join in, please do. Shantelle has some amazing questions (as evidenced by this post) that you are more than welcome to answer.
Happy Saturday, friends.