Trailer Talk | Captain America: Civil War (2016)

March 10, 2016

The “all-new” trailer for Captain America: Civil War dropped today and as usual, it’s all about “darkness.” Marvel is charting some dangerous waters with this story which involves a dueling Cap and Tony Stark. At least in my opinion they are. While I won’t mind this story IF by the end, the characters have grown and changed not to mention become friends again – or at the very least, are no longer fighting – the mere thought of my beloved Avenger pairing off on two separate sides makes me sad. All that said, below you can read the description, see some pictures and watch the trailer.

Having said that, this trailer DOES give more structure and insight into why these two begin feuding and I’m always up front in saying I don’t know anything about the comics save for the snippets I’ve read online over the years. The introduction of Marvel’s new Spider-man will also make his debut in this film, and I’m pleased to see there still seems to be a good dose of humor intact:

“I could do this all day.” – Captain America

If you have FEELS or thoughts or just want to share a rant, please, don’t hesitate to do just that. I’d love to chat up this new MCU title.

Marvel’s ‘Captain America: Civil War’ finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Have thoughts? Whose team are you on? Comment with them down below!

• Meghan M. Gorecki

March 10, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I died. And made unintelligible pterodactyl fangirling noises before I shoved my screen in my brother's face so he could freak out too. My brother's most excited for Spiderman–I am most excited for Steve, of course ;) But ohhhhh my gosh this movie is going to be legendary! I saw something on FB that said this movie will cause a huge ripple in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it!

1. Rissi

March 12, 2016 at 12:52 am

All perfect appropriate reactions for this trailer, Meghan. I'm most excited for Steve as well. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit sad at the spit. I'm all like "nooo!" I need my Avengers intact and fighting SIDE-BY-SIDE (as they did in Ultron) not against one another. *sigh* I'm not giving up on seeing them restored to a team unit. ;)

• Hayden

March 10, 2016 at 9:19 pm

My feelings are pretty much the same as yours! I'm looking forward to and dreading this movie at the same time. I hope it ends at least semi-happily…but I'm honestly not sure it will :(

1. Rissi

March 12, 2016 at 12:53 am

YES! There are lots of bittersweet feelings for this movie. I'm hoping it'll surprise me AND of course, there'll be a happy ending restoring everyone's sense of teamwork. Glad you stopped by, Hayden. :)

• Hamlette

March 11, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I'm very annoyed with Spidey for being on Team Tony because I am firmly on Team Cap. Also, that means Team Tony will have all the sassy comebacks, and that's not fair.

1. Rissi

March 12, 2016 at 12:55 am

Maybe this Spidey won't be as witty. ;) And I agree! Why does Team Tony get all the sass? (Much as I LOVE Steve, I don't wanna pick sides: but if I *have* to, I'm with Team Cap too!) That hardly seems fair! Here's hoping if not by the end of this film, eventually, Team Cap and Team Tony are together again!

• Bekah M.

March 12, 2016 at 12:39 am

Yes, yes, and YES Rissi! I feel the same as you. Such dangerous water for Marvel. I know I'm going to watch this movie, but I have a feeling I could totally hate it. We shall see. :) My family is already divided on the subject…Team Cap vs. Team Tony has been a main topic of conversation since yesteday LOL.

1. Rissi

March 12, 2016 at 12:57 am

Right!? This *might* be the first Marvel film I walk away from shaking my head in despair. Like, what ARE they thinking!? (And DC Comics is doing this too!)

I don't want to pick sides because I love both team captains and the people are their respective teams (#TeamAvengers!) but I like tweeting #TeamCap just for the darling little emoji that comes with it. ;)

2. Bekah M.

March 21, 2016 at 4:44 am

Yeah, exactly! I hate this. :( OHMYGOSH, I totally did NOT know about those adorable emojis!!! So. much. fun. Thanks for telling me, LOL!

3. Rissi

March 22, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Me too. *sad face*

Aren't those hashtag emojis darling!? That's the only reason I *had* to multi tweet so much #TeamCap/#TeamIronMan love. ;)