5 of the Best 2018 Reads So Far

July 10, 2018 46 Comments

Hey, bookworms! As it happens every week, it is again Tuesday, which for Finding Wonderland means one thing: a new Top Ten Tuesday edition. Here’s our challenge: from That Artsy Reader Girl July 10: Best Books I’ve Read In 2018 (So Far). Today we talk about five of the best 2018 reads (so far).

(This post does contain affiliate links, which means – at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Here’s a secret. I wasn’t going to join this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. If you wonder why (and I suspect that’s only important to me), it’s because this was a throwback topic and well, I just wasn’t “in” to putting one of those together. Plus, as I so often need
to remind myself, sometimes it’s OK to skip out on content when the week needs a breather or life needs to slow down. In fact I promised myself I wouldn’t change my mind after deciding to skip.

But then I saw Jana added today’s topic from as throwback to a favorite reads topic, and I was like, “but… I can totally join that.” Needless to say, my to-self promises hold no weight.

(As a side note, at the end of every year, Finding Wonderland makes a “deal” out of our favorite books of 2018, which is why I like to kind of wait and “hide away” my favorite books until the end of the year. But as of now, these books, have made an impression
on me.)   So as a compromise I decided to do an abbreviated version of this week’s Top Ten Tuesday meme, and not to rush it, but rather to have fun! That’s the goal, so with all that nonsense out of the way, let’s have a look at five (thus abbreviated) of the books that have made an impression on me in 2018.

FIVE OF THE BEST 2018 READS (SO FAR)

1: The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo | This one was a little bit different than my expectations (i.e., by the synopsis, it reads more like a YA romance than it really is), but I did really enjoy this one! It’s all happiness and joy, plus Hamlet? I kinda’ love him. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Falling for You by Becky Wade | Just finished this one (like this seeming “just finished”), and ohmygosh! Guys, it’s magical. The only thing clouding my enjoyment? The fact that this one came out in May and I still haven’t reviewed it!! That’s the sign of a bad blogger. BUT, on the upside, for U.S. readers, I have not one but two paperback copies that are looking for a new home! Check back this week because the giveaway is happening this week. Amazon | Goodreads

Five of the Best 2018 Reads So Far. What 2018 releases do you love so far? Come by and share! All text is © Rissi JC / RissiWrites.com
5 of the Best 2018 Reads So Far #FWarchives Click To Tweet

3: Just Let Go by Courtney Walsh | This book is insanely good! In fact, I’ve zero doubt it’ll hold up as being on of Finding Wonderland’s “Best of 2018” when it comes down to the end of the year. It’s rom-com lite, but doesn’t shy away from some deeper, emotional turmoil. In fact, as its title suggests, it’s a beautiful reminder to “let go” and enjoy life. To pause, reflect and find joy. Amazon | Goodreads

4: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West |  You knew I’d work a novel by Kasie onto this list, right? Only recently finished this one, and of course, it’s cute. I don’t want to say too much because, well… Review to come. Soonish. Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Memory of You by Catherine West | This is the first book I read by this author, but it’s a poignant and compelling read. Amazon | Goodreads

(Yes, I realized I reversed these last two picks… ooops! We’ll blame the last-minute post.)

This brings us to an end of my unplanned Top Ten Tuesday contribution. Despite the fact that it was thrown together, I hope it’s
coherent. Have you read any of these? Are you discovering a lot of favorite novels from this year? Which one stands out as most impressive? Let me know all the bookish thoughts!  If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

PS: before you go… if you’d like to have Finding Wonderland’s new content sent to your inbox; sign up for our once (or twice) monthly round up of new content. (In order to be signed up, you will be asked to confirm via email; if you don’t confirm, you will not receive the newsletter. Please note, this may also end up in your spam or trash folder.) If you’d like to have this newsletter sent to your inbox, you can enter your email address here.

• ChrissiReads July 10, 2018 at 4:34 am

Kasie! <3 Always happy to see her books on your list! My TTT

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 4:37 am

Me too, Chrissi! They make me smile. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Anne Bennett July 10, 2018 at 4:45 am

It is hard to pick favorites when the year isn't even over. I realized that I have read some really good ones so far so it was hard to pick. I think I'd better look for P.S. I like you. Sounds cute. My TTT favorites

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 4:49 am

P.S. I Like You is SO cute, Anne. Hope if you do give it a chance, you find it makes you smile.

I'm glad you had so many favorites this year. That's awesome! Appreciate you visiting. :)

• Nicole's Novel Reads July 10, 2018 at 5:16 am

We share The Way You Make Me Feel on our TTT lists!

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 6:04 am

YAY! So fun to discover shared favorites. Thanks for visiting, Nicole. :)

• Brooke Lorren July 10, 2018 at 6:34 am

I haven't read any of those yet (although I've heard of a couple) but I like the title P.S. I Like You. I think it's pretty cute.

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 4:45 pm

It's adorable, Brooke! Have you read any of Kasie's books? If so, this one follows in those predictable footsteps, but that's the charm of her novels. :)

Thanks so much for visiting!

• Greg July 10, 2018 at 9:16 am

Nice list. Kasie west's books always sound so fun. :)

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 4:57 pm

They are, Greg! Exactly the kind of reads that make me smile – every single time. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Katie's Cottage July 10, 2018 at 12:01 pm

I haven't read any of these books, but they all sound good!

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm

They are, Katie! So many fun reads – and lots more to come. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Sara @ Forever 17 Books July 10, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Of course a Kasie West! I'm surprised my list didn't have one of her books though I still need to read her latest.

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Her books are sunshine. I too have to read her latest and I think I still have to read By Your Side too. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Sara.

• RachelLane July 10, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Kasie West does have the cutest romances! Wonderful list, Rissi, and thanks for visiting my TTT! :)

• Rissi July 10, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Doesn't she? They never cease to make me smile! Thank you for the return visit, Rachel. :)

• Crazy Lady July 10, 2018 at 2:41 pm

P. S. I Like You look so cute, I need to read it soon!

This is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 2:43 am

It's darling! :)

…thanks so much for visiting.

• Becky July 10, 2018 at 3:16 pm

I spy three books that will make my list (if I ever get it posted)!

• Becky July 11, 2018 at 12:36 am

So my list changed a bit once I actually sat down to do it :-) We now share two, not three … but I'm soooooo happy to see Becky's and Kasie's on your list. Here's my list.

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 2:44 am

YAY!! Always fun to discover shared favorites, Becky. (And I knew you'd get your list posted.)

SO glad you stopped by – thanks! :)

• Ashley Sapp July 10, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Falling for You was so good! It made my list this week, too. Corbin and Willow were such great characters! I can't say enough good things about this story.

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 2:45 am

I agree. But then Becky's novels are forever and always magical. Already excited for the third book!!

…thanks so much for visiting, Ashley. :)

• Kyra July 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm

I'm so glad to see P.S. I Like You on this list! I bought it a week ago, so hopefully I'll enjoy it too! XD

My TTT post!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 2:56 am

Wonderful!! I do hope you enjoy P.S. I Like You, Kyra. It's so sweet.

Happy reading – and thanks for visiting!! :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads July 10, 2018 at 6:12 pm

I think PS I like you is my favorite Kasie West :) And The Way You Make Me Feel is on my TBR so I'm very happy to hear you loved it!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:06 am

How fun to know! It IS darling. I should write a post or film a video about my favorites. I think I'd be surprised which is a favorite vs. least favorite, although I love them all!

YAY! Enjoy Maurene's, Lindsey – and let me know what you think.

Glad you stopped by. :)

• Rachel Dixon July 10, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Just think how much easier picking your list at the end of the year will be now lol! I got a little concerned when I saw all these top reads posts…because all I saw was the throwback option hahaha! And so scheduled it weeks ago and forgot about it! ;) Great books here though! Love Becky Wade!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:09 am

Nothing wrong with that, Rachel! Initially this week was a throwback, but then Jana changed it because she forgot to add this topic. I wish I had your blog post schedule skills – PLEASE, teach me your ways. :D

Me too! Becky's books always land on my favorites list, and I don't see this changing.

Appreciate you visiting. :)

• Abby Miller July 10, 2018 at 9:57 pm

These books look great! I haven't read any of them yet, but most of them are on my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:50 am

How fun. I do hope you enjoy those on your TBR, Abby. Appreciate you visiting. :)

• Jessica Elizabeth July 10, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Maurene Goo's books are always such a fun read. I'm so excited to start The Way You Make Me Feel and your list reminded me that I need to bump it up on my reading list.

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:53 am

How fun. I hope you enjoy this one by Maurene, Jessica. I thought it was darling, and reading this one made me wish I would make time for her YA release A Thing Called Love. Happy reading – and thanks for visiting. :)

• AJ Sterkel July 10, 2018 at 11:22 pm

I haven’t read any of these, but P.S. I Like You is the cutest book title ever. Great list!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:54 am

P.S. I Like You is adorable, AJ! Hope you enjoy if you ever give it a chance. Thanks so much for visiting. :)

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense July 10, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Hamlet is a sweetheart. So glad to see The Way You Make Me Feel make your list. Great list!

• Rissi July 11, 2018 at 3:55 am

Isn't he?! I really liked his character, and wish I'd gotten to know him better. :)

So glad you stopped in, Alicia. Thanks!

• Michelle July 11, 2018 at 4:34 am

THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL looks really good. I love the cover & think it sounds cute. Also, Kasie West is on my "how have I not read these authors yet" list :)

• Rissi July 12, 2018 at 11:17 pm

The cover for Maurene's is indeed adorable. And it's quite cute, too. Also, if you enjoy lighthearted, "sweetheart" novels, Kasie is the go-to author. :)

Enjoy – and thanks for visiting, Michelle.

• Mai July 11, 2018 at 3:34 pm

I've not read any of these, but the title P.S. I Like You reminds me of the book P.S. I Love You, haha

• Rissi July 12, 2018 at 11:19 pm

P.S. I Like You is adorable, Mai. :)

…and thanks for visiting.

• MJSH July 12, 2018 at 12:35 am

I loved Memory of You. I have Just Let Go on my shelf to read and would love a copy of Falling For You.

• Rissi July 12, 2018 at 11:20 pm

YAY for Just Let Go. It's a beautiful – and also, Falling for You is also another charming read. Enjoy!! :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Tracy July 12, 2018 at 6:18 pm

I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about PS I Like You!

• Rissi July 12, 2018 at 11:22 pm

'P.S.' is DARLING, Tracy! Thanks for visiting. :)

• Lauren Stoolfire July 14, 2018 at 8:12 pm

One of these days I've got to read a Kasie West book. :)

Lauren @ Always Me