Popular Book Title Words (aka It’s all about the ‘Heart’ of Stories)

April 24, 2018 36 Comments

Hello, and happy Tuesday. Today we jump into the final Top Ten Tuesday meme of April. Our topic today is – appropriately, all about words. The topic from That Artsy Reader Girl April 24 is Frequently Used [Book Title Words].

Popular Book Title Words (aka It’s all about the ‘Heart’ of Stories). What popular words do you see on repeat in book titles? Text © Rissi JC

(This post does contain affiliate links, which means – at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Today’s topic seemed like it be super easy! Why? Well, because it does seem like there are many common words that appear in book titles. How wrong was I. This week’s was a struggle just because I couldn’t come up with ten books with the same word in the title. (Though, yes a struggle, don’t let my words fool anyone; it’s still been a fun prompt. In fact when I first saw this week’s listed, immediately, it jumped out.) In fact, some of today’s featured word has to be a version of said word because of the struggle. That
said, I suspect I simply missed some of the books staring at me, and liking jumping up and down trying to snag my attention.

Because today’s prompt requires a kind of ‘insert your title’ here request, I will say this. I didn’t keep my picks to any one genre. To me, all this suggests is that there are common words that span across multiple genres!

As proof of this, there is – hopefully – a wide range of stories and genres listed below. Something that might appeal to everyone no matter your reading favorites.   Let’s take a look stories that have a lot of ‘Heart’ within their pages.

POPULAR BOOK TITLE WORDS

1: The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett | This is a recent discovery, but since it sounded so unique, I’ll fess up: I added this one to my bookshelf this past month. Plus, I’ve heard good things about Jenn Bennett and her latest novel, Starry
Eyes
. Amazon | Goodreads

2: Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman | A high-stakes sea-faring adventure? What could be more fun! Amazon | Goodreads

3: When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason | Though it’s been several years since I read this one, I remember loving the high-stakes adrenaline rush story – a feeling that’s often associated with any novel by Lynette Eason. Amazon | Goodreads

4: The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep | The memory is a bit fuzzy for this one, but I feel like it impressed me. The emotions were real and for a historical novel (and being a girl who doesn’t read much in the genre), I was quite enthralled. Though now I
think about it, I’m not sure I ever finished this one…! Amazon | Goodreads

5: The Heart Between Us by Lindsay Harrel | Not only is Lindsay a new to me author, this novel marks her debut (with TNZ Fiction) release. The story sounds amazing, and the cover? It’s such a pretty picture that easily tempts me to dive in and discover this story. Amazon | Goodreads

6: A Loyal Heart by Jody Hedlund | Discovering Jody wrote a fourth book in her YA medieval series is a lovely surprise I didn’t expect. Now, after enjoying the wholesome charms of books 1-3, I look forward to reading this one. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Where Two Hearts Meet by Liz Johnson | This story, as I remember, is another charming beautiful tale set in Liz’s beautifully imagined Prince Edward Island aka one of my dream trip locations. Now to read book three! Amazon | Goodreads

RELATED | QUALITY OVER QUANITY: WHEN YOU DON’T READ AS MUCH
Popular Book Title Words (aka It’s all about the ‘Heart’ of Stories) #FWarchives Click To Tweet

8: Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston | I’ve talked about this book a lot. I really want to discover its world. Enough said. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Hearts are Like Balloons by Candace Robinson | One of the more recent additions to my bookshelf, this novel boasts a beautiful cover design and sounds like a wonderful story I look forward to discovering. Amazon | Goodreads

10: My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade | Contemporary bliss unfolds in this charming novel which is the debut of its author, Becky Wade. In fact, this is one of the first novels I ever received for review. Amazon | Goodreads

Tell me, do overused words in titles that bug you? What word did you choose for today’s feature or how did you spin today’s topic?! Leave all the bookish thoughts below; I’d love to chat with you about all the bookish fun.

If you joined today’s meme, make sure and leave your Top Ten Tuesday links below so I can visit – or simply introduce your blog. I’d be glad to visit your bookish spaces. (It may take me the entire week to circle back, but I’ll get there.)

Thank you for visiting! Come back soon.

• Abookandacup April 24, 2018 at 4:11 am

I went with queen for my selection ahha!

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 4:34 am

Great word to use! That's another popular word too. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Anne Bennett April 24, 2018 at 4:13 am

So nicely presented. Your blog captured my HEART this week! My TTT

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 4:37 am

Aw, thank you for the kind words, Anne – glad to have you visit. :)

• Taylor @ taylortalksbooks April 24, 2018 at 4:18 am

Yaas 'heart(s)' is definitely one used a lot, but I also love seeing it in titles! I think you can do so much with the word and I definitely got some new recommendations looking at your list that i'm hyped to pick up!! Lovely post :)

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 4:38 am

Same, Taylor! I don't mind it – especially as it hopefully is noting a story with lots of heart. :)

Hope you enjoy some of these if you decide to read any of them.

Thanks for visiting.

• Anonymous April 24, 2018 at 4:31 am

I think heart would feature in a few of mine as well, Rissi! Great list. :-)

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 4:39 am

Yes probably – it's a common use for titles. But one that's a good one methinks. Thanks, Chrissi! Glad to have you visit, as always.

• Jana W. April 24, 2018 at 4:39 am

I love how you interpreted this week's topic, and I LOVE the layout design you did. It's beautiful. :) Great picks!

– Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 4:45 am

Thanks, Jana – I really like that everyone picked ten DIFFERENT words to feature. So fun. Appreciate you stopping by and the kind words. Happy Top Ten Tuesday. :)

• Greg April 24, 2018 at 6:00 am

Great pick! I wouldn't have thought of "heart" but it's a great choice, and I like your examples too!

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Thanks, Greg. It was still lots of fun to put together. :) Thanks for making Finding Wonderland a Top Ten Tuesday stop.

• Barb April 24, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Yep, there definitely isn't a shortage of "hearts" around huh? Great choice.

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 5:42 pm

No, no there isn't. Thanks for visiting, Barb. :)

• Poinsettia April 24, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Nice pick for this week's topic! I've never give much thought to words that pop up frequently in titles, but you've come up with some good examples. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 5:43 pm

There are many words that do seem to be used quite a lot in titles, but that doesn't mean the story is any less amazing. :) Thanks for visiting!!

• Rachel April 24, 2018 at 2:56 pm

This is a great post! And the Title is definitely the Heart of the story! Overused words don't bug me…as long as the title as a whole is unique…matched with an excellent cover and we are good to go.

• Rissi April 24, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Ditto. I agree, Rachel. So long as the title is good for the story – and more importantly, the story inside is good, I've no complaint. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• IloveHeartlandX April 24, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Overused words don't always bug me, it only bugs me when a word is used so much that I mix up various similar titles!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/top-ten-tuesday-156/

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:41 am

Excellent point, Jo. That does become annoying. Otherwise I don't tend to mind one way or another. :)

Thanks for visiting!!

• S.E. White Books April 24, 2018 at 4:14 pm

I heart your layout! Gorgeous. I haven't read most of these, but that's why blog hops are so great. I wish I'd included some covers for my TTT post but I'm never 100% sure about copyright, so I don't usually use them.

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:42 am

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. :) I agree!! This is part of the reason I love blog hops too. They're always a great way to discover new books – and meet new blogger's. Thank you for visiting.

• Brittaney April 24, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Love all the heart titles! My Stubborn Heart is still one of my favorite books ever.

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:43 am

SAME, Brittaney! In fact, I really need to re-read My Stubborn Heart. :)

Glad you visited.

• Joann Downie April 24, 2018 at 8:38 pm

I heart this list!!(Truly), a little pun but this was so well done and thought out-I love it!!

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:44 am

Thanks so much, Joann. Despite the trouble deciding what to feature, I still have fun with these memes. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Alicia AKernelofNonsense April 24, 2018 at 9:28 pm

Heart is a good one. I didn't even think of it!

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:47 am

Thanks, Alicia – and for visiting. Always fun to chat with you. :)

• Kay Wisteria @HammockofBooks April 24, 2018 at 10:12 pm

I never realized how many books have heart!! <3

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:47 am

There are a lot. Makes the stories all the better, right? :)

Thanks for visiting, Kay.

• Anonymous April 24, 2018 at 11:13 pm

Heart was the number one word on my list this week haha its obviously a really popular word!

My TTT Wow I wish I had your reading gusto. I thought I was doing pretty good with having 8 books with the same word in them hahaha

My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-VS

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:52 am

Yes, yes it is! I know I missed LOTS of titles with "heart" too. :)

Thanks for visiting – always glad to meet a fellow blogger.

• Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) April 25, 2018 at 12:56 am

Awesome list! There are seriously a lot of books that have "heart" in the title!

Here’s my TTT!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:53 am

Yes indeed there are! :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Ronyell.

• Tracy April 25, 2018 at 2:53 am

I found A LOT of "heart" books when I was looking too! I definitely want to read Blackhearts though!

• Rissi April 28, 2018 at 12:54 am

I know I missed some in my searching, but that's OK. This is good enough. :)

Hope we both enjoy Blackhearts, Tracy. Appreciate you visiting.