All of the Pretty Book Covers that is Autumn’s Splendor

October 5, 2020 37 Comments

The colors of autumn are some of my favorites in the way of creativity. This is why creating lists of books with stunning autumn-hued cover designs  Though I’ve done this list for two (or three??) years, I’ve decided to go ahead and put another together, and am going to try to find a few books I didn’t feature from year’s past. Though to be honest, I cannot promise this since I tend to set a limit for myself, meaning all the books have to be from my bookshelf. This all said, let’s talk about the pretty autumn book covers.

LIST | This is National (Sort of) Boyfriend Day: 15 Book and Movie Favorites

As I said, you’ve probably seen plenty of these on lists like this here, but sometimes when a book cover is pretty, well one has to re-hype it – at least a dozen or so times. Sometimes covers are so pretty you want to frame them (though I never have), and sometimes we hesitate unhulling a book just because it’s so aesthetic. Enough said. Here’s some of the pretty autumn book covers from my bookshelf.

Pretty Autumn Book Covers: 2020 Edition

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: Far from the Tree, Robin Benway

I mean, the leaves on this cover art scream autumn splendor! Amazon | Goodreads

2: Autumn’s Shadow, Lyn Cote

Read this one years ago. Someday I should give it a re-read, just because. Amazon | Goodreads

3: Practically Married, Karin Beery

Don’t think I finished this one, but it’s a cute almost-marriage-of-convenience contemporary, which is quite unusual. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Meet Me on Love Lane, Nicole Bocci

I don’t mind admitting, I totally just bought this one while putting together this list. Yes, I’m bookish crazy. Amazon | Goodreads

5: Patience, Lori Copeland

I don’t own the re-package of this one (which is the cover featured here), but still feel as though the old cover fits, plus I still own it. Also, did anyone else read any of these old release western novels?? Amazon | Goodreads

All of the Pretty Book Covers that is Autumn's Splendor. Talking pretty autumn book covers. All text © Rissi JC
6: What Happened to Goodbye, Sarah Dessen

No idea the season of this one, but just look at those autumnal tones! I should also note, nope, still haven’t read a Dessen novel. Amazon | Goodreads

7: The Trouble with Cowboys, Denise Hunter

Had this one on my list from three years ago, but decided to re-add it because a: it was in black and white and b: there’s going to be repeats, and c: it’s a cuuute autumn-esque cover. Amazon | Goodreads

8: Glass Girl, Laura Anderson Kruk

This has been on my shelf for forever, but despite the praise I heard of it (back at its release), I never read it. *sigh* Yet another lingering book on my bookcase. Amazon | Goodreads

9: The Bronte Plot, Katherine Reay

Using this one because a: Katherine’s books are lovely, and b: the colors remind me of autumn! Amazon | Goodreads

10: As Easy as Riding a Bike, Bell Renshaw

Cannot remember the season in which this takes place, but it has that pretty autumn-y vibe. Amazon | Goodreads

11: From the Start, Melissa Tagg

Yes I feature this one on probably any and all of my autumn- Amazon | Goodreads

12: My Stubborn Heart (Re-Issue), Becky Wade

This re-issue edition of Becky Wade’s debut novel is ideally perfect for this season. I mean, look at how pretty it is!! Amazon | Goodreads

13: Just Like Home, Courtney Walsh

This recent release is just stunning on its own, but I also think it has a very seasonal appeal to it. The pose, and the bokeh effect is charm personified (oh, yeah, and swoony too). Amazon | Goodreads

14: You Don’t Know Me, Susan May Warren

This one has all the perfect fall vibe-ing looks with its walking-through-the-leaves picture it presents. Amazon | Goodreads

15: Fame, Fate and the First Kiss, Kasie West

Had to sneak a Kasie West book on here. Amazon | Goodreads

BONUS! More Pretty Autumn Book Covers [On My Shelf]

What about you? Do you have any books on your shelf that still look or seem relevant to today’s popular cover design? Are any still “trendy”? Tell me all about your favorite types of cover design or any cover love comments.

PINTEREST PIN

All of the Pretty Book Covers that is Autumn's Splendor. Talking pretty autumn book covers. Features @SusanMayWarren, @Melissa_Tagg, @RobinBenway +MORE #BookNerd #TopTenTuesday #Bookish #BookLove Click To Tweet

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday October 6: Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes (or spring if you live in the southern hemisphere)

• Greg October 5, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I love a good autumnal cover! Something about the leaves, the colors, or just the general vibe.

What Happened To Goodbye is nice.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Same, Greg. And I agree. Sarah’s is really nice; it has the ideal color palette for this season. :)

• Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks October 5, 2020 at 11:42 pm

It’s so funny you mention it, because I’ve been thinking lately that there are a few book covers that I would love to have framed. These are all great, and have me right in the fall spirit. I really love the one for Meet Me on Love Lane. Too cute!

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 9:58 pm

It is cute, isn’t it? Ironically, I think the first time I saw that cover was on Jana’s website. Felt right to add it in to this year’s list. :) Thanks for stopping by, Christopher.

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks October 6, 2020 at 12:10 am

Yes, you did find some books with good autumn vibes. I considered adding NOT FAR FROM THE TREE also. My TTT Fall-ish covers

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Robin’s is pretty ideal for this week’s topic, so I totally understand you almost choosing that one, Anne. Thanks for the visit.

• Angel @Angel Reads October 6, 2020 at 1:03 am

ohh these are some great covers! Thanks for the post.

Angel @Angel Reads recently posted: Book Covers That Give Me Fall Vibes
    • Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

• Brooke Lorren October 6, 2020 at 2:05 am

I think these books are all new to me! Meet Me on Love Lane stands out the most to me.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes
    • Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Isn’t it cute!? :) Thanks for the visit.

• Jess @ Jessticulates October 6, 2020 at 3:34 am

Great list! Meet Me on Love Lane has such a cute autumnal cover.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Book covers with autumn vibes
    • Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:04 pm

I agree. It’s perfect for this topic. :) Thanks for taking the time to stop by, Jess.

• Angela October 6, 2020 at 6:13 am

I think Meet Me on Love Lane and Stubborn Heart are my favorites – I love the leaves!

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:17 pm

‘Love Lane’ is a popular favorite from the list this week. It IS cute. :) Thanks for visiting, Angela.

• Marianne @ Let's Read October 6, 2020 at 6:31 am

Lovely picture. I also adore your title. Well done.
    I had a bit of a hard time since brown is not my favourite colour (actually, it’s the colour I like least) but I found some good books anyway.

My TTT.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:19 pm

Glad you found some good books despite everything, Marianne. Thanks so much for the visit, and kind words! :)

• Bobby @ Books and Babble October 6, 2020 at 6:38 am

All of these covers look so cosy, I love how they all look together as well! Great choices 😊

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Thanks! They were fun to put together.

• Poinsettia October 6, 2020 at 9:12 am

These covers are so beautiful! I think You Don’t Know Me is my favorite of the bunch. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Isn’t it pretty!? I love a sweet little rom-com cover. :)

• Lydia October 6, 2020 at 9:40 am

All of these covers are gorgeous.

My post.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Lydia. :)

• Christy October 6, 2020 at 9:58 am

A couple of these made it to my Top Ten Tuesday list, and I’m kicking myself for not adding You Don’t Know Me! It is pure fall!

And great minds think alike with that series from Lori Copeland, although I picked a different one. I remember reading the old covers. 😊

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:31 pm

I read Lori’s SO many years ago; sometimes I wonder if I should pick up some of my teen reads just to see what I think of them today, but then I also don’t want to taint the good memories I have of them. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Christy.

• Jo October 6, 2020 at 10:31 am

Far From The Tree has a really beautiful cover!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #284
    • Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:35 pm

It definitely does! Those colors are just lovely. :) Thanks so much for the visit, Jo.

• Vee_Bookish October 6, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Love that cover of What Happened To Goodbye! I recently featured it on one of my UK vs US Cover posts.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:42 pm

So fun! I love those kind of posts. It’s always neat to look at comparisons of favorite cover designs. :) Thanks for visiting, Vee.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads October 6, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Ah these all look so pretty and autumnal! I especially love the cover for You Don’t Know Me.

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:43 pm

I do too, Lindsey. It’s ideally suited for this subject, so I kinda’ had to include it. :) Thanks so much for the visit.

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) October 6, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Oooh! All of these covers look so warm and beautiful! Awesome list!

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Thanks so much, Ronyell. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer October 7, 2020 at 10:28 am

I’m anxious to hear what you think of Meet Me on Love Lane! I need to break down and pick it up, too. ;)

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:45 pm

It sounds like a really good read; I should try to read it during the autumn season, but who knows if I’ll make the time for it. :) Thanks for the visit, Dedra.

• Melissa @ Always, Lissa October 8, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Meet Me on Love Lane has an absolutely beautiful yet simple cover 😍

• Rissi October 9, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Totally agree, Melissa. :) Thanks so much for the visit.