Speaking of Creative Value and Finding Fun New Hobbies! Sharing some creative hobby ideas and my favorites, too! Text © Rissi JC

Speaking of Creative Value and Finding Fun New Hobbies!

November 2, 2020 29 Comments

When it comes to talking about things that sometimes feel personal, I’ll confess, that I don’t do much of this. But over the last few years, I have had this writer-ly desire to share some things that may not be popular just because of the opinion it reaches. That said, when I think about creativity, which is part of what writing is, I also feel as though there are mountains of possibilities and in a creative place, one should be able to share some things without thought of being left hate comments. Today, I’m talking about creative hobby ideas.

LIST | 20 Kind of Spooky (but Not Really) & Fun Movies: 2020 Edition

This isn’t a personal post per se, but the idea is that it’s a kind of gateway to something different since it won’t rely (at least not heavily) on bookish influences. That said, I’m also quite nervous about this since, to be honest, I’m not all that interesting a person. I enjoy what I enjoy, and most of the time, I don’t step much outside those comfort zones. But since I am a creative (and there is so much value in creativity), which is one of the things I like best about this “work,” and I have been thinking on creativity, today seems as good a day as any to chat about creative hobbies.

Creative Hobby Ideas

1: Décor

Interior design isn’t my thing, but I like seeing ideas or things (as an inspiration starting point) and making it work for a space.

2: Digital [Creating]

Another thing I’m still learning, and not “good at,” but I love this part of content creation, is digital creation. It’s a bit less fun right now since I haven’t invested in good editing program and mine just “updated” or something, which means it’s so freaking slow. Needless to say, I am not happy about it. Still, I’m trying not to let this change steal my enjoyment.

*Realizing I should have clarified this; I like to create things in digital programs, but it’s not artwork in the way “digital art” implies. Apologies for the confusion.

3: Learning

…this sounds a bit odd to place on a list of “hobbies,” I know. But it kind of goes hand in hand with these hobbies. When it comes to certain issues, I don’t move because I believe I have done my due diligence in reading about them, and I have the right to hold whatever opinion I have. But when it comes to hobbies like this, or writing, I am always and forever all about learning.

4: Organization

Ok, so this isn’t really a “hobby” per se, but I do like organization. Sometimes for me, it’s the act of getting started, but once I finally do, I actually enjoy the act of going through the motions. As I say this, I’m thinking of more than one space that is in desperate need of organizing! What are some of your favorite organization tools?

5: Photography

Another thing I know nothing about because I’ve not taken the time to learn about settings and such. But this is probably the hobby (on this list) I’ve loved the longest, and it’s also one I’d like to learn more about.

There we go. These are some of the hobbies I hope to take with me into this coming year, and improve upon. Learn more about what works (in creating) vs. what doesn’t. The value of creativity is one important aspect of my life. It’s where I’m happiest, and though I don’t always love what I create, it’s still a part of that learning process. Tell me, what are some of YOUR hobbies or creative hobby ideas? Are there any you love with abandon? Comment all of your thoughts below. Let’s chat.

PINTEREST PIN

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Speaking of Creative Value and Finding Fun New Hobbies! Sharing some creative hobby ideas and my favorites, too! #ContentCreator #Create #Creative #DigitalArt #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday November 3: Non-Bookish Hobbies (Let’s get to know each other! What do you do that does not involve books or reading?)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks November 2, 2020 at 11:56 PM

I’d like to learn more about photography and digital art. You do such a wonderful job as I see on your blog. My non-bookish activities

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:36 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words, Anne. I do have fun creating digital social media things! :)

• Greg November 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM

Digital art is nice, I’ve enjoyed discovering so many artists online and the beautiful stuff they create. I’ve always liked photography too- there’s something about finding that perfect shot, or capturing a moment so well. :)

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:35 PM

I wish I could draw which would translate to art online, but instead I like to create social graphics, etc. YES! There is something cool about finding a good shot; I wish I knew more about photography, but it can tie into my “learning” subheading. :)

• Brooke Lorren November 3, 2020 at 2:53 AM

Learning is definitely a hobby. It made my list this week too. So did photography.

Brooke Lorren recently posted: What? People Do Things Other than Read?
    • Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:27 PM

*high five* for shared hobbies! Both are good. :)

• Patrick Prescott November 3, 2020 at 5:06 AM

I take pictures does that count as photography? My father used to have a photography club when he taught middle school art. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/11/ttt-non-bookish-hobbies.html

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:26 PM

Of course! Photography is always a fun thing to learn about and set up something (for bookstagram) that might look good as a photo. :)

• Lydia November 3, 2020 at 6:37 AM

Digital art seems like such a cool hobby.

My post.

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:25 PM

I love creating digital graphics. But do wish I’d learned how to draw. :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse November 3, 2020 at 11:09 AM

Photography is a great hobby. I love looking at pictures.

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:25 PM

It’s fun to try and learn about. :)

• Brittaney B November 3, 2020 at 11:28 AM

I love learning too! There are so many interesting things out in the world to know about.

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:22 PM

I think we should always strive to continue to learn. :)

• Mareli @ Elza Reads November 3, 2020 at 12:43 PM

I would love to learn more about digital art as I am completely clueless. I did a bit of photography when I was younger.

I am an educator, so yes learning is ALWAYS good! And I love it too.

I absolutely love decorating my house and moving things around, I’ve added it to my list. Here’s the rest of it! The Collected Works of Elza Reads

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:20 PM

I love creating digital things like social media graphics. Ask me to create artwork, and I’m hopeless. I always wish I learned how to draw, too. :D Thanks so much for visiting, Mareli.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads November 3, 2020 at 1:02 PM

Oh I definitely do like organizing too! I love watching videos of people just organizing stuff – it’s both so calming and makes me want to get up and organize something too :)

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM

I don’t think I’ve seen any organizing videos, but do see snippets of things from the Home Edit on Instagram. Their organization (colors!) is always so pretty. :)

• Maya @herbookishdesires November 3, 2020 at 2:59 PM

I put organization on my hobby list as well! I love organizing and reorganzing. I love learning as well. It is one of the reasons that I want to go into the medical field… there, you are constantly learning and having to evolve with the newfound knowledge of the field!
    Loved your TTT!
    My TTT: https://herbookishdesires.wordpress.com/2020/11/03/%f0%9f%9a%ab%f0%9f%93%9atop-ten-tuesday-non-bookish-hobbies%e2%9b%b8%f0%9f%93%93/

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:18 PM

*high five* Organizing is pretty satisfying. Learning is always a plus; as we change and grow, we should always want to learn. :) Appreciate your visit, Maya.

• Poinsettia November 3, 2020 at 3:18 PM

Nice list! Photography is such a cool hobby. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:06 PM

It is indeed fun. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Debra Eliotseats November 3, 2020 at 5:35 PM

So glad you included learning!

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) November 3, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Great list! I really enjoy doing digital art!

• Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 7:04 PM

Same. It’s such a fun, creative pursuit. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer November 8, 2020 at 1:56 PM

These are great! I didn’t really know what to think of when I read the prompt, ‘hobbies’. But I love all of these, as well (especially photography), and I didn’t really think of them. So kudos to you! I think they count! <3

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: A Few Of My Favorite Book Playlists
    • Rissi JC November 9, 2020 at 6:57 PM

Thanks, Dedra. I ended up having fun with this. It’s nice to try something a bit different. :)

• Wood Ship Kits December 29, 2020 at 11:01 PM

That’s really nice post. I appreciate your skills, Thanks for sharing.