10 OF THE MOST RECENT (HOPEFULLY GOOD) BOOKSHELF ADDITIONS! Chatting recent bookshelf additions with Top Ten Tuesday. All text © Rissi JC

10 OF THE MOST RECENT (HOPEFULLY GOOD) BOOKSHELF ADDITIONS!

January 10, 2022 37 Comments

Hey, there! It’s a new week and of course, this means that it’s a new week to talk about book things. This week we chat up some of the recent bookshelf additions. Many of these I already shared on my Dear Santa list, but so that I can include a few that are different (because I’m weird like this), I did place the “in my cart” order at a bookstore so that I could include a few different options. Because we have to have variety, right?

LIST | FACES OF A ROMANCE ADAPTATION: THE ONE ABOUT ‘PRIDE & PREJUDICE’

So, with that said, some of these are a “copy + paste” scenario because, well, sometimes you have to go the easier route. But like I say, I did add in some that I don’t technically have in my hands yet, but I did order some because I had to have a few to share with you guys outside of the Dear Santa list options. Plus I didn’t think it’d be cool to have NO books to share in a January video. If I actually film it. But anyway, let’s stay on track and share said books. Here we go!

(MOSTLY) RECENT BOOKSHELF ADDITIONS

1: THE HAWTHORNE LEGACY, JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

Haven’t read a novel by Jennifer (still), but her books always sound fun and I’ve bene hearing about Little White Lies again (that it’s really good). I haven’t read book one in this latest series so I really shouldn’t have picked up book two, but here we are. Amazon Goodreads

2: THE BIBLE

Ordering a Bible has been a long time in the making. I finally ordered an Artisan edition that looks pretty, but also a simple softcover edition as well. Because, even with all of its prettiness, I have hopes that I’ll make the time to consistently read the Bible rather than just keep it in my bedside stack of books. It does zero good there. Amazon | Goodreads

3: THE GOLD IN THESE HILLS, JOANNE BISCHOF

This is a not-as-new addition to my shelf, but I don’t think I’ve featured it overmuch? Who knows! Either way, as this is a historical novel by one of my (VERY FEW) favorite historical fiction authors, I have to make time for this – soon! Amazon | Goodreads

4: TOKYO EVER AFTER, EMIKO JEAN

Love The Princess Diaries so when I see this one likened to that iconic story, I had to pick this one up. Here’s hoping it’s a fun read. Amazon Goodreads

5: STONE, RONIE KENDIG

Reading SO many (through the years) by Ronie Kendig, I didn’t realize that Kendig had a new novel coming out. Seeing this one make the round son Instagram, I decided to pick this one up. It seems different than her normal military (which are brilliant) genre. I’m curious. Amazon | Goodreads

10 OF THE MOST RECENT (HOPEFULLY GOOD) BOOKSHELF ADDITIONS! #TOPTENTUESDAY #NEWBOOKS #GOODBOOKS #READGOODBOOKS #READMOREBOOKS #HISTORICALFICTION Click To Tweet
6: ALL THE RIGHT REASONS, BETHANY MANGLE (FEBRUARY)

I thought this book looked really cute and its publicist kindly emailed my about it, so as I do have a copy, it’ll be my first (because it has to be, but also I’m excited!) read of the year. Follows a girl who’s uncomplimentary rant of her father (who recently divorced her mother) snags the attention of producers for a new reality TV show. Amazon Goodreads

7: IN THE STUDY WITH THE WRENCH, DIANA PETERFREUND

These sound like such fun! Again I broke my rule in picking up the second book before I’ve read book one. Amazon Goodreads

8: THE WEDDING RINGER, KERRY REA

Sounds super fun! Follows a girl who falls into the business of playing a bridesmaid. Amazon Goodreads

9: THE LONDON HOUSE, KATHERINE REAY

At surface level, this one “feels” different than Reay’s prior novels. But this also happens to be the third book by Reay I haven’t read. Perhaps her styling has changed in that time. Either way, I look forward to reading this one, which I think is a kind of “time slip” novel. Amazon Goodreads

10: TEN RULES FOR FAKING IT, SOPHIE SULLIVAN

I’ve heard Sophie’s books are pretty good, and so I wanted to pick one (or two) up and give them a chance. Have you read any of her novels? Amazon Goodreads

Let’s hear ALL about your recent bookshelf additions! Have you read any of these? Do you want to read any of these? Are any on your bookshelf? Would you add any to your shelf? What recent additions are you most excited for? Comment all the comments down below.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you so much for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl January 11: Most Recent Additions to My Book Collection

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks January 10, 2022 at 11:21 PM

I haven’t even heard of any of these books. Sometimes it feels like I live with my head in a hole. Ha! My TTT list

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:48 AM

Not at all! I probably pick unusual titles. I’m rarely a read-all-the-most-popular books kind of girl. :) Thanks for the visit, Anne.

• Michael @ The Book Lovers' Sanctuary January 11, 2022 at 12:35 AM

In The Study with a Wrench sounds brilliant… and I got my daughter Cluedo for Christmas to! Hope you get to love all these!
    These are the books I added to my collection most recently.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:49 AM

Thanks, Michael and I hope so good. Also, I agree. Diana’s mysteries sound great! Appreciate your visit.

• Dini @ dinipandareads January 11, 2022 at 4:50 AM

Great list! I’ve got Tokyo Ever After on my TBR and I’m looking forward to reading it. The Wedding Ringer also looks super cute and I’ll have to check out what it’s about! 😃 I hope you enjoy all these books!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:07 PM

Doesn’t it?! I’m here for all the good rom-coms and hope I can find some books if not film (I miss the GOOD feeling romcoms of the 90s). And thanks – me too! Hope we both enjoy Tokyo Ever After. :)

• Yasmine @Swissbookworm January 11, 2022 at 5:29 AM

Looks like you found some gems, I hope you’ll enjoy all of these!

Here’s my TTT for today!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:08 PM

I hope so too, Yasmine! Thanks. :)

• Lydia January 11, 2022 at 6:33 AM

I hope you enjoy all of these books!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:08 PM

Thank you! Me too, Lydia.

• Beckie B. January 11, 2022 at 7:00 AM

The London House is wonderful! Enjoy your books!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:08 PM

So glad, Beckie. I look forward to it. :)

• Jo January 11, 2022 at 7:04 AM

I hope you enjoy all of these!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #350
  • Anita January 11, 2022 at 7:32 AM
    • Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:09 PM

Thanks, Anita. I hope so too.

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! January 11, 2022 at 7:37 AM

I hope you enjoy each of these additions!

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:09 PM

Thanks. Me too, Pam.

• Lori Piper January 11, 2022 at 11:06 AM

I might look at that Artisan Bible for my mom. It looks really pretty.

My list is here: https://fiftytwo.blog/2022/01/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-who-deserve-more-love/

Happy TTT!
    Lori

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:14 PM

Right? I think so too! It did come since I posted this, but I haven’t opened it yet because I usually film my book hauls. Hope it’s as pretty as it looks!

• Hamlette (Rachel) January 11, 2022 at 11:14 AM

The London House is on my TTT list this week too! Nice!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:15 PM

YES! It sounds and looks super interesting. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads January 11, 2022 at 11:56 AM

Hope you’ll enjoy all of these, Rissi! I’m definitely intrigued by The Hawthorne Legacy, Tokyo Ever After and Ten Rules For Faking It too!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:18 PM

YAY! Hope we both enjoy those you too are interested in, Lindsey. Sophie’s sound like lots of fun! Happy reading and as always, thanks for the visit. :)

• Stefani January 11, 2022 at 11:59 AM

I’ve added Ten Rules for Faking It to my TBR, love the cover and description. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/most-recent-additions-to-my-book-collection-winter-book-haul/

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:28 PM

Cool! Hope we both enjoy that one, Stefani. Sounds like a fun one for sure. :) Bunches of thanks for the visit.

• Cindy Davis January 11, 2022 at 7:08 PM

I am a sucker for a new Bible and I have not seen that one. I hope you enjoy it. I won The London House in December but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I have not read Joanne Bischof but hope to this year…same for Ronie Kendig.

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Thanks, me too, Cindy! I received the Bible, but haven’t opened it because I haven’t filmed my book haul yet. Hoping it’s as pretty as it looks. YAY hope we both enjoy Katherine’s book and Joanne and Ronie write amazing fiction. :) Appreciate your visit, Cindy. As always.

• Leslie @ Books Are The New Black January 11, 2022 at 8:43 PM

I still have to read Hawthorne Legacy but I have read the first one and really enjoyed it. I loved Tokyo Ever Afer!! I hope you enjoy these when you get to them. :)

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 12:36 PM

All good to know, Leslie – and thanks for sharing your thoughts on Jennifer’s book and “Tokyo Ever After.” I think both sound really fun albeit for different reasons. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Kelly Lyn @ Lifestyle of Me January 11, 2022 at 10:38 PM

i need to pick up tokyo ever after asap. hope you enjoy these.

my post: https://blessedmommysc.blogspot.com/2022/01/top-ten-tuesday-january-releases-i-want.html

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 2:44 PM

I should too, Kelly! Hope we both enjoy. :)

• Paula Shreckhise January 12, 2022 at 2:07 PM

On your recommendation, I am moving Joanne Bischof’s book from my wishlist to my CBD cart. Also might move Katherine Reay’s!

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 7:40 PM

Hope you enjoy, Joanne’s, Paula. Those I’ve read by her are always fabulous reads and I hope this one is no different. Happy reading and happy shopping too! :)

• […] LIST | 10 OF THE MOST RECENT (HOPEFULLY GOOD) BOOKSHELF ADDITIONS! […]

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer January 14, 2022 at 9:13 PM

I read Bethany Mangle’s debut, Prepped, last year. I’m intrigued by her follow-up but I’m waiting on early reviews to see if I want to add it to my tbr. I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts on it. Happy reading!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Goals for 2022
    • Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 7:53 PM

Totally understand the waiting-on-reviews mindset. I try to do that sometimes to but since the publisher kindly sent me a copy, I’m excited to read it. Hopefully this one will be a great read. Happy reading to you, Dedra – and I hope those reviews reveal a good possible new read for you. :)