HERE ARE SIX (HOPEFULLY) GOOD ANTICIPATED NOVELS OF 2022: PART 1. Chatting a few books I'm curious about in early 2022. Text © Rissi JC

HERE ARE SEVEN (HOPEFULLY) GOOD ANTICIPATED NOVELS OF 2022: PART 1

January 3, 2022 38 Comments

Difficult as it is to believe yet another year is come and gone (anyone else feel like they have whiplash?), what adds insult to injury is the fact that we know are talking about a new publication year. Not insulting in that we get new books, more an insult that the publication year we’re talking of is 2022. I mean, does time have zero respect for people? But since that’s more depressing than cheery, thank goodness we have cheeriness to discuss in our anticipated novels of 2022, part 1! That’s right, we’re here and ready to chat some of the books we’re excited about in 2022.

LIST | FAVORITE COUPLES FROM 2021 CHRISTMAS ROMANCE MOVIES

I’ll be honest, it’s also becoming harder and harder for me to find books to fill this list. Primarily I think this is because I’m done seeing a book, reading its synopsis and thinking “I cannot wait to read that.” No, I go deeper and try to learn if I’ll like it or not. It’s no longer “ok” just to add a book to a list because surface level it looks fun. Resulting from this, the list is short. But also, as more publication dates announce, I’ll probably find one or two more.

HERE ARE SEVEN (HOPEFULLY) GOOD ANTICIPATED NOVELS OF 2022: PART 1 #READERS #READING #BOOKLIST #BOOKSOF2022 #FEELING22 #FEELIN22 #TOPTENTUESDAY Click To Tweet

Same rules apply to this year as prior years. This is a kind of one part of “four” in that I publish this in correlation with a video and later the same combination for the releases coming June/July – December. Ideally, I also share different books in the videos and the written posts. Not sure if that will be the case this year (because I’m cracking down even more on the books I’m anticipating), but I’m going to give it my best shot. Let’s do this.

The video is coming this week if you’re interested in seeing that, it’ll go live at my current channel.

ANTICIAPTED NOVELS OF 2022: PART 1

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Listed by release date, then author

1: ALL THE RIGHT REASONS, BETHANY MANGLE (FEBRUARY)

I thought this book looked really cute and its publicist kindly emailed my about it, so as I do have a copy, it’ll be my first (because it has to be, but also I’m excited!) read of the year. Follows a girl who’s uncomplimentary rant of her father (who recently divorced her mother) snags the attention of producers for a new reality TV show. Amazon | Goodreads

2: THE SUMMER WE FORGOT, CAROLINE GEORGE (MARCH)

This one sounds super interesting. It’s described as a thriller and despite the fact that I haven’t read Dearest Josephine (George’s 2021 novel), I’m still super curious about this one. It sounds atmospheric and makes me curious to know what the story is about a group of friends who cannot remember in the aftermath of a body discovery where they attend summer camp. I mean, come on, that sounds good. Amazon | Goodreads

3: THE MATCHBREAKER SUMMER, ANNIE RAINS (APRIL)

Coming from Underlined, this is TOTALLY something I’d pre-order. Plus, though I haven’t heard of this author before, I’ve loved everything else I read in these Underlined paperback collection of fiction. Amazon | Goodreads

4: WHAT MATTERS MOST, COURTNEY WALSH (APRIL)

As I did read the other books in this Nantucket series, I have to read this one too! One has to love a contemporary romance set by the water. Amazon | Goodreads

HERE ARE SEVEN (HOPEFULLY) GOOD ANTICIPATED NOVELS OF 2022: PART 1. Chatting a few books I'm curious about in early 2022. Text © Rissi JC
5: WHEN THE DAY COMES, GABRIELLE MEYER (MAY)

Not the most avid fan of time slip or duel time stories, but if they’re good, I’m here for them. Plus, this one sounds especially unique in that it’s the same lead character who is living duel times and she much choose between her two lives. Amazon | Goodreads

6: HOW TO BE THE BEST THIRD WHEEL, LORIDEE DE VILLA (MAY)

One of those YA novels that actually sounds more unique and cute, this one is set to follow a girl who, when returning from her family vacation discovers all three of her friends have found relationships in her absence. Feeling left out and being endlessly annoyed by her frenemy James to tutor him, Lara must learn how to navigate new high school challenges. Amazon | Goodreads

7: TURN TO ME, BECKY WADE (MAY)

It’s Becky Wade, so naturally I’m more excited than I can express about this one. We have to love a good Becky Wade book, and I’m curious to see what this third (and I think final?) new book in Wade’s current series which follows a group of friends connected by their shared experience being trapped in a mine together. Amazon | Goodreads

Let’s hear about YOUR top picks! Which books of 2022 are you most anticipating? Is your list normal or do you feel pickier than usual? Have you read about any of these or are you excited about any of these? Which ones can you not WAIT to read? Comment all of the comments. I’m always glad (even though it may take me a while) to chat with you.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl January 4: Anticipated Books of 2022 (January – June)

• Literary Feline January 3, 2022 at 11:18 PM

I know what you mean about needing to dig a little deeper with appealing books to see if you’d really like them. I admit I add like crazy with posts like this to my wish list, but books they make my actual TBR pile get more thought out consideration before earning the spot. I hope you get a chance to read all your picks here today and enjoy them!

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 1:51 PM

Thanks! And me too. I’m trying to have more intention in most everything I do, whether that’s reading or what I “like” on social media. Not sure if it’ll last, but it’s something I find important. :)

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks January 3, 2022 at 11:46 PM

I can’t seem to pay attention to the upcoming books when I’m still paying attention to those I’ve missed. I’m off the board this week. My TTT is my favorite book club selections this past year

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM

I know that feeling. I have SO many books on my shelf that I haven’t read yet. Here’s hoping.

• Ellie Warren January 4, 2022 at 4:51 AM

Time has no meaning any more, I have repeatedly referred to this year as 2020, like my brain just wants to reset or is wondering why I haven’t done anything for two years. I try to be pickier and then I still end up with hundreds of books I want to read each year.

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 5:17 PM

That’s ok, too! I sometimes see a cover of a book that looks fun or good and then I have to stop and remind me myself to take a deeper look at the book. I’ve made FAR too many mistakes in the books I buy, and while I still will, I’m hoping to make those numbers or examples fewer and fewer! :)

• Dini @ dinipandareads January 4, 2022 at 6:23 AM

Ugh, time—it’s totally not my friend 😂 Great list of books though and I think I’ll be adding a few of these to my TBR. I’m looking forward to How to Be The Best Third Wheel! I hope you enjoy all these books :)

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 6:51 PM

Right? I’m glad I’m not alone in this feeling. Sorry it’s the same for you… but at least we know we aren’t alone! ;) I think ‘Third Wheel’ sounds like TONS of fun! Hoping it really is. Happy reading, Dini!

• Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! January 4, 2022 at 6:25 AM

I hope you enjoy these reads when you get the opportunity to read them.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 6:51 PM

Thank you. Me too, Pam.

• Lydia January 4, 2022 at 6:47 AM

I hope you enjoy all of these books!

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 6:53 PM

Thank you, Lydia – me too! :)

• Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem January 4, 2022 at 8:26 AM

Love Annie Rains and Becky Ward! I’m excited to see Rains YA. I think it will be great :)

Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem recently posted: TTT #209 – Most Anticipated Books of 2022, Part 1
    • Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 6:54 PM

Good to know! Hope you enjoy the new books from them both. :) Happy reading, Lillian – and thanks so much for visiting.

• Brittaney B January 4, 2022 at 8:41 AM

After last year’s binge of any contemporary romance that caught my eye, I too have decided to go deeper with my criteria for what I choose to read in 2022. So many books, and so little time. But I’ll always have time for Becky Wade! And on a side note, Dearest Josephine was a unique read that really gave me a lot to ponder regarding how books can sometimes feel more like real life than our own reality.

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 8:16 PM

I’m so glad Dearest Josephine is interesting. I hope that’s one I read in 2022, and YES! Same. I always make myself read Becky Wade’s releases no matter what because I know it will be amazing. :) Glad you stopped by – and speaking of time, thanks for taking part of yours for visiting here. Grateful, Brittaney. :)

• Angela January 4, 2022 at 10:20 AM

These are all new to me, but I hope you love them all!

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 8:25 PM

Thank you! And me too, Angela.

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 11:56 PM

Thanks so much, Laurie.

• Of Pens and Swords January 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM

I hadn’t heard of any of these except for How to Be the Best Third Wheel, though I am really excited for that one.

• Rissi JC January 10, 2022 at 11:57 PM

That one sounds too cute!

• Lori @ fiftytwo January 4, 2022 at 11:55 AM

I keep thinking of this year as 2020–2.

Off to investigate Becky Wade!

Happy TTT!
    Lori

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:09 AM

Totally legit. :D Hope you enjoy Becky’s books if you read them. They’re lovely.

• Jess @ Jessticulates January 4, 2022 at 2:55 PM

Great list! How to Be the Best Third Wheel sounds so fun.

Jess @ Jessticulates recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday | Anticipated 2022 releases!
    • Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:12 AM

Right!? I agree, Jess! I love a good rom-com and I’m hopeful this could be one. :) Thanks for the visit.

• Leslie @ Books Are The New Black January 4, 2022 at 4:19 PM

I hope you enjoy all of these! I’m feel the same about dual timelines.

My Top Ten

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:12 AM

Hi, Leslie! Thanks. I hope to enjoy them all too. Appreciate you visiting.

• Cindy Davis January 4, 2022 at 6:40 PM

I am looking forward to the Courtney Walsh book and hope to read Becky Wade this year. I am hoping this is the year I get to all those authors I kept saying I would get to…Happy New Year!

Cindy Davis recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday-Random Stuff
    • Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:28 AM

Hope you do too, Cindy – and I RELATE! I have authors I say this about constantly. Whoever you decide to finally read books from this year, hope they’re good picks for you. :)

• Heidi Robbins January 5, 2022 at 10:53 AM

I’ll be reading What Matters Most and Turn to Me, and the cover for The Matchbreaker Summer is adorable, so I’m going to check that one out.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:30 AM

Right?! I think the Matchbreaker Summer looks darling. Of course, reading Courtney’s and Becky’s are musts here too. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads January 6, 2022 at 12:24 PM

All The Right Reasons does look so cute! Hope you’ll enjoy all of these, Rissi.

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:31 AM

I agree! SO much cute. Hoping it doesn’t disappoint. :) And thank you, Lindsey!

• Paula Shreckhise January 7, 2022 at 9:32 AM

I’m looking forward to reading Gabrielle Meyers book. I AM a fan of time slip/split/ travel books. Another good one is Jody Hedlund Waters of Time series. Historical is my all time favorite genre. Although I’ve read and liked Becky Wade, too

• Rissi JC January 11, 2022 at 12:32 AM

Do you know, I’ve been super curious about Jody’s more recent series, Paula. Haven’t read any, but they seem interesting and I know Jody is a solid talent. Hope we both enjoy Gabrielle’s book! Excited for a new BH author. :)

• Chanel M. January 12, 2022 at 12:44 PM

On your list, I’m most excited to read What Matters Most by Courtney Walsh. I’m also really excited for The Letter from Briarton Park by Sarah E. Ladd and In Search of a Prince by Toni Shiloh.

• Rissi JC January 17, 2022 at 7:39 PM

Courtney’s books are always lovely! Hoping we all enjoy this one as well. And enjoy Sarah’s; I know SO many love her novels. :)