‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT PHOTOS! GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW FEATURE. ALL TEXT © RISSI JC

‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT PHOTOS!

February 24, 2022 11 Comments

Everyone likely knows I’m a Downton Abbey junkie. I love the entire six-year ITV series and of course, delighted in the feature film from a few years ago. Now, the series lives in Downton Abbey: A New Era and as today felt like more of a “light” content day, I realized, there’s new(ish) promo images. So, why not celebrate with a little Downton Abbey A New Era photos party?

In this new era, the beloved Crawley family will experience a new “adventure” according to teasers. Something that will take them to a French villa – gasp! Sounds lovely and maybe a little exotic. Although, I’m not sure how accurate these teasers are given the majority of the photos (so far) do look to be around the grounds of the family estate, Downton Abbey. However, the trailer is a whole other experience. There we learn much more about the plot of the film including the trip part of the family takes, that Hugh Dancy’s mysterious role is that of filmmaker and Mary is (perhaps?) getting in to the movie making business. Oh, yes, and did I mention it looks like your R.S.V.P. will also include a wedding?

LIST | 5 OF THE BEST ELIZABETH BENNET AND MR. DARCY MOMENTS (OTP FAVORITES)

Much of the familiar cast will return including Hugh Bonneville; Elizabeth McGovern; Michelle Dockery; Laura Carmichael; Allen Leech; Joanne Froggatt; Maggie Smith; Penelope Wilton; Jim Carter; and many others.

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

If you haven’t seen the series, start now with series one currently on Prime or check out the 2019 feature film.

You can find the trailer (if you want the spoilers!) around the web-space (or at the linked text) and scroll below to see some of the pretty promotional posters, and images.

‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT PHOTOS! #DOWNTONABBEYANEWERA #DOWNTONABBEY #PERIODROMANCE #PERIODDRAMA #MICHELLEDOCKERY #HUGHDANCY #LADYMARY Click To Tweet

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW THESE ARE ALL DRIPPING WITH ELEGANCE? IS IT WEIRD THAT I’M STARTING TO THINK I COULD SURVIVE IN AN ERA LIKE THIS?

What do you think? Are you excited or over Downton Abbey? Which story are you more excited to see? Which one do you think seems boring; do you like the idea of “split” stories in different locations? Who are you most excited to see return, and who are you most sad to see absent? Comment all the comments.

PINTEREST PIN – SAVE & SHARE

‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT PHOTOS! GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW FEATURE THAT IS DOWNTON ABBEY A NEW ERA PHOTOS. ALL TEXT © RISSI JC

Thank you for visiting! Please, do come back soon.

• Angela February 25, 2022 at 6:44 AM

They’re all so beautiful! Not only does Downton Abbey deliver great stories, but it’s also so nice to look at!

• Rissi JC February 25, 2022 at 12:12 PM

Right!? Everything is just so elegant and I’m here for it. :)

• Chanel M. February 25, 2022 at 4:43 PM

The promo photos are stunning! I always love the wardrobe for Downton Abbey. I’m curious about the plot and what’s going on between Henry and Mary. I’m also excited to see Hugh Dancy is in this film.

• Rissi JC March 14, 2022 at 1:18 PM

Same, Chanel. I haven’t seen Henry ANYWHERE. Guessing maybe Matthew Goode couldn’t film because of scheduling? If I had to guess, I’d say he’ll be said to be on business or something. We’ll see! Glad I’m not alone in being curious. :)

• […] NEWS | ‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT […]

• […] MOVIE NEWS | ‘DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA’ ARRIVES APRIL 29: HERE’S THE ELEGANT PHOTOS! […]

• Alison Boss March 2, 2022 at 3:21 PM

I am so excited for this next Downton Abbey movie!!! I can’t wait to see it!!! Thanks for the sneak-peek pictures, Rissi!! :)

• Rissi JC March 3, 2022 at 5:22 PM

ME TOO, Alison! Hoping it’s as amazing as it looks. I need a new and really good period drama to fall into. :)

• Alison Boss July 1, 2022 at 5:35 PM

I saw it!!! It was as good as I had hoped!! Beautiful and amazing scenery, clothing, characters, and plot! I hope they keep doing more Downton Abbey movies! They are fantastic!!!

• Rissi JC July 7, 2022 at 1:48 PM

LOVE to hear this! I have to watch it yet, but I know I will because, yes, we love a good Downton Abbey story. All the movies are just so lovely. :)