Femnista: True Stories of Courage and Faith

October 1, 2012 7 Comments

Good morning, friends! Today, the latest issue of Femnista went live and this go-round it centers on “True Stories.” A wonderful group of writers put together articles on everything from pivotal historical events to more contemporary true stories to inspire. These include stories such as the fall of King Edward and the ascent to the throne of his speech-challenged brother, Bertie to a 21st century love story in the epic, The Vow.

Femnista: True Stories. Sharing the September/October 2021 issue of Femnista. All post text © Rissi JC / RissiWrites.com
Femnista: True Stories. Sharing the September/October 2021 issue of Femnista. #FWArchives #Webzine #Movies Click To Tweet

Take a look at this issue by clicking on the link below to download it at your leisure (button in the top right-hand corner) or read it in an online book form; just make sure to include in the experience a hot cup of cocoa, of course.  Then let us know how we did! I hope you enjoy pursuing this issue full of courage and faith as much as we enjoyed putting it together. As always, thanks to our editor, Charity for putting the polish on everything and this together. I’d like to also say welcome to the newest writer, Camille – I hope you enjoy this experience.

Femnista: October / November 2012 – True Stories

RELATED:

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

amateur graphic designer. confirmed bookaholic. bubbl’r enthusiast. critical thinker. miswesterner. social media coordinator. writer.

• Charity October 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks, as always, for contributing! =)

• Lianne October 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Mmmm, hot cocoa sounds nice right about now, lol…looking forward to reading it as soon as I get my article drafts out of the way xP

• Rissi October 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Charitythank YOU for putting up with me! I so appreciate your patience and tips. :-)

Lianne – it does, right!? I had a caramel apple flurry today and it was really quite tasty. So unique.

I have to read through this too but I finally did flip through it this afternoon and it looks great. :-)

• maria October 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Can't wait to check this out!
    P.S. I loved "The Vow". Like, a LOT. (A lot) ;) hehehe

• Rissi October 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Great! I hope you enjoy it, Maria. :-)

The Vow was a VERY special movie – I would enjoy watching it again if my aunt didn't have my copy!

• Camille October 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hi Rissi~
    I thought it was a GREAT issue! I loved your article on Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton is such an amazing young woman. Have you read her biography? I haven't, but it is on my list.

Thanks for the warm welcome – you are so sweet! I have loved the Femnista experience, and am so excited about becoming part of the team and getting to know you all better! It's been fun =)

• Rissi October 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM

YES! This issue looks fabulous. I've been busier than usual so I've not read the articles but I did page through it and that alone was impressive! :-)

Bethany Hamilton: My best intentions were to read her bio BUT I never got any further in it than reading bits and pieces. Alas! Hopefully before long I will read through it as it promises to be a great read.

Aw! Thanks – from my perspective, it's always fun to have new writers. I hope you continue to write for Femnista on occasion! Welcome!