EASTER BLESSINGS 2013

March 31, 2013 22 Comments

Good morning!  easter blessings 2013

This past week, it suddenly dawned on me that Sunday was Easter. Unexpectedly, it seemed to creep up on me. Whether that is because life has been busier of late and I prefer routine – the comfortable, or because I have been thinking about some new writing opportunities, its sudden arrival took me by surprise.

EASTER BLESSINGS 2013. Wishing you all a joyous Easter and lyrics to a song that had an impact on me. All text is Rissi JC and RissiWrites.com

Even with the added running and overwhelming myself with writing projects, it was still comforting to know that on Easter Sunday, we’d be in church in the morning and come home to spend the day together. My family has no plans to do anything special, nor are we getting together this year with extended family. And it doesn’t matter. Of course, seeing family is always
special but the day is special because it’s a day to celebrate. To look at it as a time for reflection and remembering the sacrifice it took to offer redemption.

Below I am sharing the lyrics from a lovely song by Laura Story. Only recently has it been a part of my playlist, but I can tell you, the lyrics offer a special message – one we all need reminded of too often.

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

‘Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we have faith to believe

‘Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It’s not our home

‘Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the achings of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise  – Laura Story

Happy Easter!

easter blessings 2013

Easter Blessings 2013 #FWarchives Click To Tweet

• Rosie March 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Love that song! Have a great day with your family! ;)

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

So do I, Rosie! I just really listened to the lyrics last week and it hit me what a great song it was.

Same to you – hope you enjoyed a wonderful, blessed Easter. :)

• Meghan Gorecki March 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM

A blessed Easter to you & yours, Rissi!! Thank you for sharing those beautiful lyrics–hope you have a beautiful day & hey, keep us posted about those new writing opportunities. ;)

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Aren't they, Meghan!? Laura does a wonderful job with this song. I hope you and your family had a wonderful, blessed Easter Sunday. :)

Aw, thanks! So far, it is nothing "exciting" but it will be something I'll be grateful for when I get organized enough to submit my information and IF I'd get accepted. :) I'm rooting for your novel, Meghan and am excited to hear any news you wish to share. Good luck!

• Charity March 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Happy Resurrection Sunday! =)

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Same to you, my friend. Hope it was a pleasant day, Charity. :)

• Amber S. March 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thank you for sharing – such beautiful thoughts! :) I had a wonderful time at church, and I, too, am looking forward to a nice evening home with my family. Hope you have a wonderful Easter, Rissi! God bless!

~Amber

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Sometimes I take it for granted, Amber but I am SO thankful for my family. It was a nice day after church, we just spent the afternoon at home (being lazy ;D) and had a nice meal; the perfect day for us. Lovely to hear about your day – I am so glad church was wonderful for you and hope you had a nice evening with your family. :)

• AnnaKate March 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

a happy, happy easter to you, dear Rissi. isn't it amazing that we've only met through blogging, yet we will spend an eternity worshiping God together? can't wait!

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Wow! I've never thought of that, AnnaKate! When we think about life, it is really short but comprehending eternity is something we cannot grasp. It seems impossible and yet the promise of it is something to anticipate.

Hoping you enjoyed a blessed Easter, AnnaKate – always appreciate you and your comments. :)

• Susannah April 1, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I hope you had a fabulous Easter, dear! Praise the Lord for His redemption! :-)

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Amen.

Same to you, Susannah. Hope your family had a blessed Easter. :)

• Kellie April 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Another creepy moment…I was listening to this just a little while ago on my way to work. Probably one of THE most powerful, important and often forgotten messages…I know this song has impacted so many people!

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM

No way!? Well… at least it's a good kind of "creepy," Kellie. :)

This song is marvelous. Kuddos to Laura for recording and writing (?) such a memorable, powerful song; I am embarrassed to admit I only recently really listened to its lyrics. They are wonderful.

Hope you and your family had a blessed Easter. :)

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com April 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I adore this song. It makes me weepy. I saved the lyrics about a week ago for Baby Whimsy to read some day.

Hope you had a beautiful blessed Easter.

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It is excellent in a very powerful way, Juju. Appreciate that Laura shared it with the world. :) Aw! How sweet; you should perhaps put these lyrics into a scrapbook or some sort of memory book for your daughter and give it to her when she's older. The song does have a beautiful message.

Same to you – hope your family enjoyed a blessed Easter. :)

• Natalie April 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Happy Easter to you too! =)

• Rissi April 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Hope you had a blessed day, Natalie. :)

• Kara April 3, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Those lyrics are so lovely, aren't they? I've loved this song for quite a while and it never fails to speak to my heart when I hear it again. I had a wonderful Easter! My whole weekend was crammed with stuff, but good stuff! Excellent stuff! Heart stuff! I was even inspired to do some writing also; got a poem written. Not sure its that great, but it felt so good to get my feelings down in ink. :) God is so gracious to us. To me! Easter weekend always humbles me.

I trust you had a relaxing and wonderful Easter, Rissi. I'm quite grateful to have had the chance to "meet" you and count you as a friend! I hope you know that you're appreciated. :)

• Rissi April 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM

They are powerful and poignant, Kara. Only recently did I *really* listen to them, and my reaction was: WOW! Such a great song.

Aw, yay, for getting some writing done! I have plenty to catch up on also. Busyness is not my thing however if it's a "good" kind – as you are describing, then that is more meaningful for sure. :) My day was uneventful but nice. Just the way I like it.

Thank YOU Kara for being such a great friend! Always appreciate your cheery comments and lovely blog. :) Happy to have "met" on Goodreads. :)

• Net, the Movie Blogger April 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

What a Lovely Post! Easter is such a beautiful time of year – how blessed we are our Saviour came, was crucified, and was risen on the 3rd Day!

God bless you!!!

• Rissi April 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yes, we are. Unfortunately we misplace that, Net and forget how fortunate we are that Christ died so that we might have forgiveness.

Hope your family had a blessed Easter holiday! :)