Upcoming 2015 Movies + Trailers

October 24, 2014 16 Comments

Hello, friends and readers. Earlier this week I was watching movie trailers on a DVD (one about a certain band of superheroes that I’ll review next week) and came across an interesting trailer (we’ll talk about the specific one later on). This means I couldn’t resist sharing it with you. This then leads me to realize, it’d been a long time anyway since sharing any upcoming movies I’m curious about. Thus today seems as good a time as any to chat up some 2014 and beyond releases I’m excited for.

UPCOMING 2015 MOVIES + TRAILERS

First things first, here is the trailer that inspired this post, because, yeah, it looks like a good time. Plus, I’d read about this movie way back when – and guys, it’s Colin Firth. It arrives in theaters February 2015.

Upcoming 2015 Movies + Trailers. Chatting about three of the upcoming movies I'm curious about! What makes YOUR list? Text © Rissi JC
RELATED | ‘Cinderella’ Full-Length U.S Trailer!

Based upon the acclaimed comic book and directed by Matthew Vaughn, Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency’s ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

Peeps. There is a trailer for Avengers 2. This is not a joke and oh, my! It looks like this will be the Avengers toughest fight yet, though if Marvel’s pattern holds true, things may appear bleak, but they’ll all turn out okay. Finally, can we just take a moment to say how awesome James Spader (The Blacklist) sounds as Ultron!? In theaters May 2015

When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for a global adventure.

Then there is what presumably Disney hopes is their “next big thing.” Probably made to compete with the sci-fi YA adaptations making the rounds of late. I don’t know much about this story, but it does look interesting. Plus, it might even omit one of the stereotypes. In theaters May 2015.

Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as “Tomorrowland.”

What about you all: what movies have piqued your interest lately?

Happy Friday.

• Dawn Janis October 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I will be watching Avengers of course! That's like a no brainer.

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 10:38 PM

YES! No brainer indeed; how could we miss out on checking in with the world's most awesome superheroes, right!? :)

• Ganise C. October 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

AVENGERS!!! First time seeing the trailer.

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Bring on the Avengers awesome-ness, right, Ganise!? :) Cannot wait.

• Ella October 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM

2015 looks like it's going to be a year filled with fantastic movie releases. So exciting!!!

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I agree, Ella; cannot wait to see whatever else crops up – super excited for what 2015 has in store. :)

• Bekah M. October 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM

All of these trailers are AMAZING. I can't wait to see all three. I hadn't seen the new 'Avengers' one, so that was especially exciting! Is 'Tomorrowland' a book? It looks really interesting, plus I really like the main actress whose name currently escapes me. ;)

Thanks for sharing all of these rad trailers, Rissi! All of your posts are always so much fun. :)

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Aren't they awesome!? I love seeing Colin Firth in these quirky, comedy kind of movies and of course, Avengers is a MUST on my to-see list. As for Tomorrowland, that was my thought as well, but I don't think it is a book. It certainly COULD be though – and I love that we bookish girls immediately think, "ooo! Is that a book!?" :)

Thank you for reading – as always, makes it fun to put these together. :)

• Rachel October 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I'm so pumped for the new Avengers movie! And the Kingsman movies looks really good too :)

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 11:02 PM

YES! Me too, Rachel; I mean it looks awesome. Kingsman does look fun, plus it too is based off a comic book. :)

• Hannah Barta October 24, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I haven't even watched Age of Ultron's trailer yet (bad me) even though it's been all over Facebook. I'm excited to go see it though! I still can't wait for the three 2014 movies this November/December I've been waiting to go see–Mockingjay, The Imitation Game, and The Hobbit!

walking in the air.

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Well, that's okay, Hannah; I just watched it the other day too – and ahh! I cannot wait. Looks fabulous albeit darker, which I'll deal with so long as there's a good ending.

Good November/December picks – Mockingjay looks more awesome each time I see its promo. :)

• Renee (SteelerGirl83) October 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM

All I'm going to say is AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Squee!!!!!!!!!!! I love Marvel and for me, the wait is always too long between movies. :-)

• Rissi October 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

YES! The Marvel universe has been too long "dark" without a movie, Renee though I did adore 'The Winter Soldier' and am finally watching S1 of "S.H.I.E.L.D." You watch that one, right!? :)

SUPER glad you visited, Renee. :)

• Rachel Hoyt October 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I'm not completely sold on Kingsmen, but it really does look fun. I'll see it! I hadn't seen the Avengers trailer yet, but OH MY GOSH. That looks awesome!! Can it be out now? I'm dying for Tomorrowland, though. I'm a Disney freak as it is, but the concept sounds so cool. :)

• Rissi October 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM

That's okay; maybe it just won't be your type of movie. It just looks fun to me. :) As for Avengers – YES! I cannot wait. It looks darker and all, but still… the guys (and Natasha) are BAAACK! And who are we to say "no"!? ;)

As for Disney's latest, it does look good. Hope it makes a splash.