March 6, 2018 46 Comments

Hey, hey readers and visitors. It’s that time of the week again – Tuesday. With its arrival comes the fun, bookish meme, Top Ten Tuesday. Let’s look at book quotes that inspire and make us laugh.

That Artsy Reader Girl March 6: Favorite Book Quotes

Words to Live By (or more Specifically Book Quotes that Inspire and Make us Laugh). Talking book quotes that inspire and make us laugh. Text © Rissi JC

(This post does contain affiliate links, which means – at no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Ah, words! Without them, where would we be? There’d certainly be no books to become lost in because without words, what would one use to piece together these stories? The long and short of it is, without the glorious invention of words, stories such as these would cease to exist.   Thankfully, so many authors know how to use these words to their best advantage. Together they weave stories that make us laugh and swoon, perhaps shed a tear and in many instances, touch our hearts. Today we get to feature a few quotes that fall into some of these categories. Quotes that span a wide variety of topics and genres on my list, meaning some might be more for giggles (or swoons because you know how I love my fangirl-y moments), and others will hold more weight.

Thank goodness for authors who know how to make the most out of words as they wax eloquently to weave together these masterful (or fun) stories. Below we take a look at ten memorable, romance and fun quotes from across an assortment of genres.

Book Quotes that Inspire and Make Us Laugh

one

“If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it
more.” – Emma, Jane Austen

Book: Amazon | Goodreads ● Own digitally on Amazon Video (2009 BBC) or on DVD ● Miramax DVD

two

“This entire time I’ve been closing myself off from love, but it’s been the solution all along. I’ve built walls at every turn. No more.” – Unblemished, Sara Ella

Amazon | Goodreads

three

“I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.” – If I Stay, Gayle Forman

Book: Amazon | Goodreads ● Own digitally on Amazon Video or on DVD

four

“All she had left was faith. Belief. God Himself.” – The Mistress of Tall Acre, Laura Frantz

Amazon | Goodreads

five

“…sometimes we have to find the courage to take off our shoes and feel it all. Even the bad stuff.” – Barefoot Summer, Denise Hunter

Amazon | Goodreads

six

“Nothing’s wasted. Not with God. Sometimes you just need to have faith that He’s got what’s next.” – The Saturday Night Supper Club, Carla Laureano

Amazon | Goodreads

seven

“Maybe that’s what love is—sacrificing yourself to save another, taking the insult or taking the hit.” – Dear Mr. Knightley, Katherine Reay

Amazon | Goodreads

eight

“Because how do you say goodbye to a piece of yourself?” – Hello, Goodbye and Everything In-Between, Jennifer E. Smith

Amazon | Goodreads

nine

“Stories are as unique as the people who tell them, and the best stories are in which the ending is a surprise.” – The Choice, Nicholas Sparks

Book: Amazon | Goodreads ● Own digitally on Amazon Video or on DVD

ten

“She was bookish! She had no experience holding eye contact with Navy SEALs. All the practice she’d put in
with Mr. Darcy and Rochester and Adolphus didn’t seem to be holding her in good stead.” – True to You, Becky Wade

Amazon | Goodreads

That’s it for another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. As with each list I create, this one isn’t all inclusive (there are so many more I could feature), but it’s a great line up of amazing stories across various genres. What books could you forever re-read? Have you read any of these? What list of “book quotes that inspire or make us laugh” do you have? If so, did you like or dislike them? Comment with all the bookish talk below, and if you leave your Top Ten Tuesday (or blog!) links below, I’d love to swing by and visit. It may take me the week, but I will be by.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

• Hannah Sophia Lin March 6, 2018 at 5:19 AM

Oh, If I Stay! That quote makes me want to read the book again and cry because omg the feelssss. I also really like that quote from Nicholas Sparks, even though I don't read any of his novels.

Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 5:21 AM

I've read a few of Nicholas Sparks' novels, Hannah and I enjoy them. They're easy, and entertaining and sometimes that's why my bookworm fangirl needs. :)

RIGHT!? I should re-read If I Stay again too – especially since I still have to read the sequel.

Thanks for visiting. :)

• Kay Wisteria @HammockofBooks March 6, 2018 at 5:28 AM

Love that quote from If I Stay so much! Such a beautiful book <3

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 5:35 AM

That it is, Kay. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Anonymous March 6, 2018 at 5:36 AM

I love the quote from The Choice. It's beautiful. You've picked some lovely ones.

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 7:06 AM

There are lots of pretty ones with The Choice or any Sparks novel, but I too liked this one. :)

Thanks for visiting, Chrissi.

• Rachel March 6, 2018 at 6:23 AM

I love book quotes! These are some good ones!

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 7:06 AM

That's cool, Rachel. Appreciate you visiting. :)

• Greg March 6, 2018 at 6:24 AM

I like the ones from Emma and The Mistress of Tall Acre a lot. The Dear Mr Knightley one is great too, but the Sparks one might actually be my favorite. So true!!

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 7:07 AM

Sparks' novels usually have some great quotes… even though, for me, they're more in my "easy" reads column. Those you mention are some of my favorites. :)

Appreciate you stopping by, Greg.

• Paula Phillips March 6, 2018 at 6:36 AM

I am addicted to book quotes , what a fun list :) Mine is https://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM

That's cool, Paula! I'll admit I rarely pay them much mind, but when I find one I like, they're memorable. :)

Appreciate you stopping by – thanks!

• Joann Downie March 6, 2018 at 7:15 AM

I liked the Jane Austen quote-though I haven't read that yet!!

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 3:17 PM

I haven't read Emma either, Joann, but I do love the quote. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Catherine March 6, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Great quotes, love the Emma one. He's not Captain Wentworth but he is very sweet :)
    My TTT: https://basedonthebook.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-book-quotes.html

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Is Wentworth your favorite Austen hero? I go back and forth, but am pretty sure Knightley is mine. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, Catherine. Always glad to chat with you.

• Catherine March 6, 2018 at 6:10 PM

I go back and forth too – but Wentworth wins brownie points for his letter! :)

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Totally understand this. :)

• Sara @ Forever 17 Books March 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM

I really like the If I Stay one. I almost included the one about playing him like a cello to my list. :)

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Pretty sure I ran across the If I Stay quote you reference. The book is full of good quotes. :)

Thanks for visiting, Sara.

• Poinsettia March 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM

Nice list! The quote from Emma is so sweet. I also really like the quote from True to You. I might have to add it to my tbr. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Isn't that True to You quote cute?? I couldn't resist adding it in too. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Carrie March 6, 2018 at 2:51 PM

i LOVE these! that scene from Emma makes me swoon every time!

• Rissi March 6, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Me too, Carrie – that moment from Emma is just perfect. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• C. Monroe March 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM

I love the quote from True to You – it's so cute. But the quote from Emma is my favorite; it's so true. I also liked the quotes from Dear Mr. Knightley, Unblemished and The Saturday Night Supper Club; all of these were honest and profound.

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Isn't it? I had to include that one from True to You simply for its adorableness. :)

The honest and profound words are aplenty in so many of these books, which is partially what makes them such good reads.

Thanks so much for visiting!!

• Allyson Gilmore March 6, 2018 at 4:51 PM

All of these are really great! And I love the way you set up your post, so pretty. Your blog is always so lovely!

My TTT.

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:49 AM

Thank you, Allyson. Appreciate the kind words – and am glad you enjoyed the quotes. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Mariela Silva March 6, 2018 at 4:59 PM

I always look for your blog each TTT. does not matter what it is about. I love watching your lists. It is always too pretty to pass it!
    My TTT.

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:50 AM

Thank you, Mariela. I do have fun with these posts. :)

Appreciate you visiting.

• Brittaney March 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Ah… Mr. Knightley's declaration of love is one of my favorites!!

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:50 AM

Mine too, Brittaney. Mine too. :)

Thanks for visiting.

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads March 6, 2018 at 8:31 PM

These are all amazing but I love the quote from If I Stay especially!

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:51 AM

It is stunning. :)

…appreciate you visiting, Lindsey. As always.

• Laura Frantz March 6, 2018 at 10:59 PM

Gorgeous site,, Rissi! Heartfelt thanks for including this quote from TMoTA among these other beautiful books. Must share:)

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:52 AM

Hi, Laura! Thanks so much for stopping by. Always lovely to chat with you. Thank YOU for this story, and kind words. :)

• Flipping Through the Pages March 7, 2018 at 6:08 AM

I haven't read any of these books but what a nice list of quotes! I liked the one from If I Stay. Just reading the quote is even making my heart sad :( It's so beautiful.

My TTT

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:56 AM

There are so many beautiful quotes from If I Stay. In fact, there's probably one I'd like better, but this one is lovely, so… I went with it! :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Amanda Holmes March 8, 2018 at 4:20 AM

I love your list! It has me wanting to re-read Dear Mr. Knightley.;) And I love the one from Emma!

• Rissi March 10, 2018 at 12:57 AM

Dear Mr. Knightley is very re-readable. In fact, we're planning to re-read that one as a read-along early April if you'd like to join, Amanda. :)

Thanks so much for visiting.

• Lauren Stoolfire March 10, 2018 at 3:45 AM

I love that If I Stay quote. Great list.

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi March 13, 2018 at 3:59 AM

Isn't it lovely? That book/film is full of lovely words. :)

Thanks for visiting, Lauren.

• Kei Lovely Pages Reviews March 11, 2018 at 5:46 PM

Ahh I love these and you've created beautiful graphics too ?

• Rissi March 13, 2018 at 4:01 AM

Thanks, Kei! Always have fun with these graphics (even when I recycle some weeks :D).

Appreciate you visiting.

• Shannon/ It Starts at Midnight March 12, 2018 at 1:53 AM

These are fabulous choices! If I Stay had so many lovely quotes, that one kills me, I remember sobbing so hard at that part!

• Rissi March 13, 2018 at 4:02 AM

If I Stay does indeed have SO many beautiful moments and quotes. In fact, someday I wouldn't mind re-reading and then re-watching the book/film. :)

Thanks so much for visiting, Shannon.