Dear Santa: Here is my Bookish Christmas Wish List… Chatting about a bookish Christmas wish list (aka I wouldn't mind Santa bringing these) Text © Rissi JC

Dear Santa: Here is my Bookish Christmas Wish List…

December 21, 2020 30 Comments

My goodness, here we are, mere days away from Christmas day and with it the chance to send off a book Christmas wish list to the big guy in red. Of course, we speak of Santa Claus.

FACES OF AN ADAPTATION | ‘Little Women’

We may be cutting it a bit close to wait until now to share our list, but with technology and Santa’s know-all when it comes to perfect gifts, I’m pretty sure he already knows we’re all good with the idea of finding some books under our trees this year, just like any year before. To be honest, also like year’s prior, I have trouble coming up with a list, mainly because, I’m a bit of an addict when it comes to picking up books I want and I’m also trying to hone the genres/types of books I like, which is limiting. That said, I found some to stick on this wish list, so I’m calling this one a win!

Bookish Christmas Wish List

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details. If you have purchased anything through our links, thank you. We’re grateful.)

1: [Books by] Sarah Adams

I’m all about good contemporary rom-com fiction, and I’ve heard pretty good things about Sarah’s novels. Needless to say if there’s fun new-to-me-contemporary to find, I’m here for it. Amazon | [Sarah Adams on] Goodreads

2: The Dress Shop on King Street, Ashley Clark

This book sounds quite interesting, and I’m curious to discover a new author; though to be fair, I’m pretty sure I have read a novella by Clark! Amazon Goodreads

3: Things we Didn’t Say, Amy Lynn Green

Historical fiction and I don’t always get along, but this debut by a Bethany House employee sounds like such a good read. Amazon | Goodreads

4: Throw Like a Girl, Sarah Henning

I’m NOT interested in sports, even less so today than I once may have been swayed to be, and while I don’t like all that this story promotes, something about this book sounds fun. Amazon | Goodreads

5: You have a Match, Emma Lord

This one isn’t out until January, but whatevs, we’re adding it because why not?! Amazon | Goodreads

6: Heiress Apparently, Diana Ma

Don’t know much (or anything) about this novel, but it sounds fun. Amazon | Goodreads

7: Instant Karma, Marissa Meyer

I mean, don’t this book sound ALL kinds of darling? PS; I’ll fess up, I already ordered this one… Amazon | Goodreads

8: A Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow, Laura Taylor Namey

This one has a darling cover, and while I own Namey’s previous book, I haven’t yet read it which is why I’ve been hesitant to pick this one up. Amazon | Goodreads

9: Of Literature and Lattes, Katherine Reay

Why I haven’t picked up Katherine’s 2020 release yet, I’ll never know. The only potential logical excuse I have is that I haven’t yet read The Printed Letter Bookshop, and maybe, I’m trying to use that as a rule (I have to read it first) for when I can finally buy this new book. Update: since the start of this until today, I also self-bought this title. Amazon | Goodreads

10: [Books by] Elizabeth Wein

I’ve heard so many good things about Code Name Verity, and while I read little historical (even less in YA!), I do like WWII fiction (don’t ask why). Sarah Sundin pens some of my favorite fiction in the genre, and so I think I’m always curious about other authors who write in this era. Elizabeth’s new The Enigma Game sounds good too. Amazon | [Elizabeth Wein on] Goodreads

Do you have a list of books you hope Santa leaves this year; what’s on that bookish Christmas wish list of yours? New releases? Books you haven’t picked up yet? Comment all of your thoughts below.

PINTEREST PIN

Dear Santa: Here is my Bookish Christmas Wish List… Chatting about a bookish Christmas wish list (aka I wouldn't mind Santa bringing these). #TopTenTuesday #BookLove #ChristmasList #ChristmasGifts #Santa #Christmas #BookNerd Click To Tweet

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Find me on social media, Instagram; MeWe; Pinterest; and Twitter.

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl and Top Ten Tuesday December 22: Books I Hope Santa Brings

• Melanie December 21, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Fun list! I hope you receive the books on your wishlist. 🤗

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Thank you, Melanie!! I didn’t get any but while making the list I did add “Instant Karma” to my Amazon cart, so I have that now. ;)

• Greg December 21, 2020 at 11:06 pm

I love those illustrated covers. :) And The Enigma Game looks great too!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Same. I know illustrated covers are kind of polarizing just now, but I think they’re pretty nifty. :)

• Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads December 22, 2020 at 5:12 am

Oh my, those Sarah Adams books do look adorable, I’ll need to check them out too :) Hope you’ll find some of these under the tree!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Don’t they look fun!? I’m all (and always!) for a good rom-com. :)

• Angela December 22, 2020 at 6:36 am

Heiress Apparently is one that’s on my TBR!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:13 pm

It sounds fun! I don’t really know much about this one, but I’m always curious to read a new author/book that sounds interesting. :)

• Astilbe December 22, 2020 at 6:42 am

Heiress, Apparently sounds interesting.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

Astilbe recently posted: Winter Blogfest: Randy Overbeck
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:14 pm

I agree. It sounds like it could be a great read!! :)

• Lydia December 22, 2020 at 7:06 am

I hope you love all of these books, Rissi! They seem so cheerful and fun.

My post.

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:16 pm

100% agree. I’m all for the cheerful reads; they’re always my favorite. :)

• Aj @ Read All The Things! December 22, 2020 at 7:54 am

I hope Santa brings all these! I’ve read a few Elizabeth Wein books. They’ve been hit-or-miss with me. I liked Code Name Verity.

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Good to know, AJ! Thanks. :)

• Paula Shreckhise December 22, 2020 at 10:31 am

I just finished The Dress Shop on King Street. I hope you love it as much as I did.
    Amy Green’s book is waiting patiently on my shelf.
    I would like to get the new ones by Colleen Coble: Two Reasons to Run and Three Missing Days and the newest by Julie Klassen, A Castaway in Cornwall. As well as The Black Midnight by Kathleen Y’Barbo and The Gold Digger by Liz Tolsma from the True Crime series from Barbour.

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:22 pm

I used to read Colleen’s books religiously. Back when she wrote those ‘Lonestar’ titles. They were my favorite! Don’t know that I’ve read anything by her recently, so I should pick one up again. SO glad to know you enjoyed Ashley’s novel and like you, I’m eager to read Amy’s. Hopefully 2021 will be THE year I accomplish this (and other reading) goals. :)

• Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits December 22, 2020 at 10:32 am

A Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow and Of Literature and Lattes sound so cute! I might have to add them to my wishlist, too!

Nicole @ BookWyrm Knits recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books I Hope Santa Brings
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm

YAY! Gotta’ love all the bookish wish list additions; the more, the merrier, right? :)

• Ashley S. December 22, 2020 at 11:02 am

So many great ones! Hope you get all of them! Things We Didn’t Say is on my list too. It sounds so good! :)

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Doesn’t Amy’s book sound fabulous!? I’m hoping it’ll recapture some of the things I loved about “Dear Mr. Knightly” since it’s told in that same story format. :)

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse December 22, 2020 at 11:57 am

I would love for you to get Sarah Adams’ and Sarah Henning’s books because I loved them so much!

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse recently posted: Review: You Have a Match (Emma Lord)
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:25 pm

YAY! Glad to know this, Deanna! I look forward to trying their novels even more now. :)

• Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks December 23, 2020 at 1:50 pm

What a great list! I’d be happy if Santa brought me any of these, and I hope they find their way to you, too. Of Literature and Lattes is great—glad to see you snagged a copy.

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Thanks, Christopher; me too! I’m at least two releases behind in reading Katherine’s novels, but hopefully I’ll remedy this in 2021. :)

• ShootingStarsMag December 25, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I do want The Enigma Game as well. Code Name Verity is one of my favorite books, and I’ve enjoyed others by the author.

-Lauren

ShootingStarsMag recently posted: Read the Alphabet Challenge 2021
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Good to know, Lauren!! I haven’t read any by this author, but I know ‘Verity’ is a pretty highly praised novel. :)

• Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense December 25, 2020 at 11:00 pm

I haven’t read Laura Taylor Namey first book either, even though I also own it, but I so want this sophomore release. I hope you were able to get some of these!

• Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Laura’s books DO sound really fun/good. Hope we both enjoy them if we finally pick one (or both!) up in 2021. :)

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer December 28, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Instant Karma is on my tbr, too! And I’ve heard great things about You Have A Match. I hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope Santa Brings
    • Rissi JC December 30, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Thank you, Dedra; I hope you had a great Christmas, too! ‘Karma’ sounds so cute and fun, and I’m glad Emma’s book is getting good reviews too. :)