10 OF THE FUN BOOK TITLES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK TWICE. A list of book titles that make us smile and laugh! Text © Rissi JC

10 OF THE FUN BOOK TITLES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK TWICE

March 22, 2021 22 Comments

The primary draw of a book is always the cover art, at least if it is for me. But on occasion, sometimes it’s also the title that makes you look again. Today we take a look at some of the titles (based solely on the books I’ve reviewed) that have fun book titles that make you laugh, are fun or maybe look a second time.

LIST | AMAZON WATCH-LIST, PART 2: GOOD MOVIES ON PRIME NOW

Some of the books I’ve read or maybe just seen advertised over the years (this goes for film, too!) have titles that are a little bit ridiculous. Why I’m not sure, expect sometimes it’s a publisher that titles the novel, and not an author. That said, some of these titles are fun and others make me pause and wonder why that title is the one title that fit.

BOOK TITLES THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH

(Disclosure: this post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you to anyone who makes a purchase through these links. Read the disclosure page for details.)

1: Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Jane Austen and Seth Grahme-Smith

I mean, how can we not giggle when you see Austen coupled with Zombies? Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

2: The Runaway Princess, Hester Browne

This title just, plain and simple, makes me smile. The story inside does the same. Such a sweet and fun story. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

3: The Spice King, Elizabeth Camden

This is a serious historical fiction novel, but for some reason I don’t love the title. It fits with the story, but I’m not loving it nonetheless. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

4: The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

Like, really, why is this the title the decided to die on? Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

5: Pride, Prejudice and Cheese Grits, Mary Anne Hathaway

Going Jane Austen heavy today! This is, of course, a re-telling of Pride & Prejudice, but its title makes me giggle. No one is likely to ever associate cheese grits with the elegant Jane Austen story, however when its set in the South, anything goes. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10 OF THE FUN BOOK TITLES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK TWICE (AND MAYBE LAUGH!). #BookLovers #Bookworm #Reader #Reading #TopTenTuesday Click To Tweet

6: You Deserve Each Other, Sarah Hogle

I don’t know what it is about this title, but it funny. Makes even more sense when you read the novel, too. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

7: The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly, Jamie Pacton

This is another title that makes me smile. Not sure why, it just does. Perhaps more so because I’ve read the fun story and the title fits nicely. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

8: Taming the Wind, Tracie Peterson

This title doesn’t make much sense to me just to read it. Not because a title always has to be logical (sometimes it’s more allegorical), but even at that, it just seems unfitting. That said, maybe if I’d re-read the book (it’s been YEARS), everything would make sense. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

9: Pudge and Prejudice, A.K. Pittman

The first YA novel by A.K. Pittman (Allison Pittman) is a re-telling of Jane Austen. It’s cute and fun. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

10: Love and Olives, Jenna Evans Welch

This is one of those SUPER cute novels, but its title does make you smile. Makes sense when we realize where its set. Amazon | Bookshop.org | Goodreads

Your turn! What sorts of book titles make you smile? Is there any that immediately come to mind; have you read any of these? Is there any title that just doesn’t “work” for your reader sensibilities? Comment all of your thought below! I’d love to chat with you.

PINTEREST PIN

find us on social media: MeWe; Instagram; or Pinterest – and join Finding Wonderland’s NEW reader group on MeWe!

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland

Linking up with That Artsy Reader Girl March 23: Funny Book Titles March 23: Funny Book Titles

• Anne@HeadFullofBooks March 22, 2021 at 11:41 PM

You found hilarious titles. Good job. So many Pride and Prejudice remakes. Ha! My TTT Funny Book Titles

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:51 PM

The Pride and Prejudice re-telling title game is STRONG!! :) Thanks for the visit, Anne.

• Greg March 23, 2021 at 12:00 AM

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies always cracks me up. I remember the first time I saw it I was like- whattt??? lol

Love & Olives is one I really want to read because Greece and I liked her first book.

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:49 PM

SAME here, Greg. It’s just so absurd, but also SUPER fun. “Love & Olives” is super fun. Hope you enjoy!! Thanks, as always, for the visit.

• Angela March 23, 2021 at 6:38 AM

I love P&P retellings, so immediately Pride, Prejudice and Cheese Grits caught my eye – and my library has it!

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:48 PM

YAY! Hope you enjoy the “Pride and Prejudice” re-telling, Angela. Happy reading. Thanks so much for the visit. :)

• Paula Shreckhise March 23, 2021 at 6:59 AM

Pride and Prejudice and Cheese Grits was a hoot as were the other two in the series.
    I loved The Spice King and the whole series.The covers are special because they all fit together. Elizabeth Camden is a fantastic author. It’s been awhile but I’ve read Taming the Wind. Tracie Peterson is one of my fav authors.

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:46 PM

I don’t think I read the other two P+P+CG books. But it certainly has a fun name! I don’t think “The Spice King” is a “funny” title per se, it just sounds a little bit different than what I wanted this story to be. Or something. I’ve seen all three of these together on IG and they do indeed look stunning. :) Thanks for the visit, Paula!

• Lydia March 23, 2021 at 7:02 AM

I feel the same way about the title of Love and Olives.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-funny-book-titles/

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:43 PM

It’s also cute though… because it fits. :D Thanks for the visit, Lydia!!

• Dedra @ A Book Wanderer March 23, 2021 at 10:49 AM

Great picks! I enjoyed Pride & Prejudice and Zombies! I read it intending on watching the film adaptation but I still haven’t watched it. Ha! Pudge & Prejudice and Love & Olives are both on my tbr. I’m especially excited about Olives. Greece is one of my dream destinations. ;)

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Non-Fiction Books With Humorous Titles
    • Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM

Same! And I’m SHOCKED that I did enjoy P+P+Z. It’s just a fun read. The film is REALLY fun too. Let me know if you see it and what you think! Hope you enjoy those two on your TBR; and I never cared one way or another about Greece, but this book did pique my curiosity. :) Thanks for the visit, Dedra.

• Jo March 23, 2021 at 11:03 AM

I’ve only read The Hunger Games of these, I think the idea of the name was that a lot of people died of starvation in the games? Not sure though!

Jo recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday #308
    • Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:36 PM

I hadn’t heard that, Jo. Seems to fit. :) Thanks so much for visiting.

• Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse March 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM

These titles definitely make you look more than once.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse recently posted: Top Ten Tuesday: Funny Book Titles (Pippa Grant Edition)
    • Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:36 PM

Hope you see something that sounds good. :) Thanks for the visit, Denna.

• ShootingStarsMag March 23, 2021 at 7:15 PM

Fun choices! Titles are often something that first intrigue me about a book.

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:35 PM

Normally for me it’s cover art, but a good title has made me click on their Goodreads page. :) Thanks for the visit!!

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) March 23, 2021 at 9:36 PM

LOL! Got Pride and Prejudice and Zombies on my list too! Great list!

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:35 PM

It’s the ideal title for this prompt! :) Thanks for stopping by.

• Lauren @ Always Me March 24, 2021 at 6:54 PM

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies really worked for me. :)

Lauren @ Always Me

• Rissi JC March 29, 2021 at 6:33 PM

It’s silly, but SUCH a fun read, and I too like it. Made me SO surprised that I did. :) Thanks for the visit, Lauren. As always.