Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-One

September 17, 2019 Rissi JC 16 Comments

WELCOME, fellow readers! Here we go again. Joining the Wednesday bookworm meme since I decided to skip out on yesterday’s popular ‘Top Ten Tuesday.’ Instead here’s edition thirty-one of a new WOW.

It’s Wednesday which means there’s another fun meme that bloggers enjoy taking part in. Today’s feature is all about the books we’re “Waiting On” with Can’t Wait Wednesday; a meme Finding Wonderland occasionally takes part in.

Organized by the lovely Tressa of Wishful Endings, here’s another edition of Can’t Wait Wednesday. Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we’re excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they’re books that have yet to be released as well. It’s based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. (Find out more here.)

Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-One

Last time we joined a WOW / CWW meme, I went back to my reader roots with a contemporary. This week I join suit and share another of this genre. But the best part is, if this one sounds like a good read, it’s not that long until this one releases – oh, and this is a debut author, too.

In this story you’ll discover a royal story in, what I hope is the tradition of Hallmark, and it’s also been likened to The Selection, which we all know I do love.

HEART OF A ROYAL

(This post does contain affiliate links; if you buy anything through these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure page for details.)

Author: Hannah Currie | Publisher: WhiteSpark Publishing
Genre: Fiction; Contemporary | Publication Date: 2019

Brought to the palace as a newborn, the royal life bestowed upon Mackenna Sparrow was never meant to last forever. With Princess Alina engaged to be married, Mackenna’s presence as companion is no longer required and, like it or not, she must return to the birthright which should have been hers – that of a commoner.

But not everyone at the palace wants her gone. When the truths she’s based her life on start crumbling as fast as her future, will she find the courage to trust – both herself and the prince she’s fallen in love with? – Goodreads

Amazon | Goodreads

‘Downton Abbey’ Anticipation: The Five Things I Hope to See

Do you like royal fiction? Are you a fan of Hallmark’s many royal romances? What are your thoughts on the ‘Selection’ books, or has Hannah’s book caught your eye?

PS: Before you go

you can enter the September Book Giveaway!

please excuse the “disorder.” you can read more about Finding Wonderland’s changes, new follow options and why archive posts are a mess in my “Disorder + Feedback” post!

Comment down below with your thoughts (do you like royal romances? what did you feature today? if you would, share all your bookish thoughts below!), Waiting on / Can’t Wait Wednesday blog links or anything else bookish. I’d look forward to chatting all things bookish with you.

Waiting on Wednesday: Edition Thirty-One. Taking a look at a debut author today. #Fiction #CWW #Bloggers Click To Tweet

I’ll be glad to visit your blogs, too; it might take me a week to circle around. Still, I look forward to the visit.

Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.

PSS: if you’d like to have Finding Wonderland’s new content sent to your inbox; sign up for our once (or twice) monthly round up of new content. (In order to sign up, an automated email will ask you to confirm a subscription via email.) If you’d like to have this newsletter sent to your inbox, you can enter your email address here.

• Dini @ dinipandareads September 18, 2019 at 3:11 am

Great post, Rissi! I don’t think I’ve ever read a royal romance? Unless Red, White & Royal Blue counts! 😂 I love this cover though. Her dress is gorgeous 😍

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Of course it does! Far as I hear, it’s about a royal. I haven’t read as many royal romances as I’ve seen (i.e., Hallmark romances), but this one sounds way too sweet! :)

• Angela September 18, 2019 at 6:55 am

I love anything royalty-related, and this is a unique twist, a commoner coming into the castle and being raised there!

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Cool! This might be one you enjoy, Angela. :)

• The Candid Cover September 18, 2019 at 7:43 am

I am a huge fan of books about royalty! This one is new to me and sounds like it has a really intriguing concept. Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

The Candid Cover recently posted: Wishlist Wednesday: Yes No Maybe So
    • Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:47 pm

I haven’t read as many royal romances as I’ve seen (on Hallmark), but this one sounds SO sweet. Maybe we’ll both find the time to read and enjoy it. :)

• Jenea's Book Obsession September 18, 2019 at 10:22 am

Oh yes, a book about royalty sounds really good!!

My CWW

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Right!? Sounds so fun! :)

• Barb @ Booker T's Farm September 18, 2019 at 11:34 am

Such a pretty dress on the cover. Hope you love this one!

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I think it’s pretty, too (and I’m all about a pretty swirly dress). Thanks, Barb. :)

• Ronyell (a.k.a Rabbitearsblog) September 18, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great pick!

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 3:40 pm

I think so too. :)

• Greg September 18, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Looks like it could be a pretty good debut!

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 3:43 pm

It sure sounds fun, and I like that it’s a new seasonal read. :)

• Literary Feline September 18, 2019 at 9:58 pm

I do love the Hallmark royal romances! This sounds like it will be fun to read. I hope you love it. I am adding it to my wish list!

• Rissi JC September 28, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Same! Most of them are favorites. :)